OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit verbiage

This screen is usually displayed when users are not connected via VPN to a trusted network - it would be a good idea to be able to edit the verbiage to state to the end user to connect to VPN and retry.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync Onedrive with a Dropbox share from soneone else, without having Dropbox account

I don't have a dropbox account but I do have onedrive both personal and business on my desktop and laptop. All good.

However clients often want to share a dropbox folder with me and I'd like not to have to install dropbox too.

Is it possible that these shared with me folders can be sync'd into Onedrive so they and I can keep them updated?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder restore didn't work properly.

This is a problem, but I didn't know how to post a problem.
    Due to a right-click mousing error, I accidentally deleted a folder containing about 4000 photo files. Paniced, I tried to look in my Deleted Files folder, but of course they weren't there. Remembering that I had a backup, I started copying them back. Then I got a OneDrive message saying it noticed I had deleted a lot of files, but could recover them. So I went to the recycle bin, selected them all, and asked for recovery. When done, I compared my backup files to the recovered…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display Returns when displaying photo EXIF text.

Displaying EXIF title info along with photos is an EXCELLENT idea - I love it! However, I use returns to format this info for better readability. Unfortunately, the software that displays this EXIF text ignores these returns, making words on succeeding lines run together. Solution: don't ignore these return characters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. HTML files don't display properly. Yes, they do, for about a second, but then is replaced by the source HTML text.

Instead of flashing the rendered HTML file for a fraction of a second, give the user the option to display the rendered file or the source text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. speed

If you want upload speed, use Dropbox. Unfortunally I need 3 Gb for my files and One Drive offers that free but with painstakingly slow upload speeds. On purpos?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not change behavior without notification

Do not change the existing behavior without notification to the user. Especially fundamental behavior.
    I have a travel laptop and a desktop. I have close to 800mb of data I actively use on OneDrive. I expected that when I booted and started the laptop, and logged in for the first time in a year that after all the patches and rebooting, it would sync my files. I left a about a week later after the last reboot, expecting the sync to happen automatically like it always has before.
    I go abroad, and every file is marked with a stupid blue…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. que tenga mas espacio hasta 500gb de memoria

que tenga mas espacio hasta 500gb de memoria

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive client is destroying albumcover on mp3 files

On server side cover picture info is still present, but when syncing to desktop, the cover picture is lost. refers to mp3 files; on mp4 files cover picture is synced correcctly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show that OneDrive Client is just waiting for opened files

The OneDrive Client tray icon gives the impression that OneDrive is constantly syncing. In fact, most of the time the OneDrive Client seems to wait for files which are currently opened (e.g., *.pptx, *.docx). Please reflect the status "waiting for opened files to be closed" in the tray icon and list these files in the flyout (maybe in a separate compartment or so).

Thx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive online MS Word does not properly display a docx file uploaded and created by MS Word 2007 (compatibility mode).

OneDrive online MS Word does not properly display a docx file uploaded and created by MS Word 2007 (compatibility mode). Anyone else with this problem? The online chat help could not tell me what the issue was.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After hibernating and starting Windows, OneDrive crashes and consumes too much CPU.

After hibernating and starting Windows, OneDrive crashes and consumes too much CPU.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be extremely useful if I could see how many times a shared onedrive link was accessed and dates and times.

It would be extremely useful if I could see how many times a shared onedrive link was accessed and dates and times.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pull the correct icon with embedded office file

When embedding an office file (eq, WORD file inside an Excel file)
    Onedrive cant find the correct office icon, it show a generic one instead.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. copy the custom.dic file to the cloud so it can be downloaded to all computers on an Office 365 plan

The Custom.dic feature is a powerful tool to help convert simple mnemonics and abbreviations to words or even full sentences. The feature is machine specific, and does not transfer those special meanings to the cloud, so all of the machines can access them. It is a reasonably straightforward programming issue, so why not make it available?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Work on One Drive Stability

Under Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro v1 OneDrive hangs and crashes. Quit using it as a primary store after trying to save a Visio doc and losing it due to a hang.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Managing Photos in OneDrive

Have the option to split the OneDrive Screen when managing pictures. This would make drag and dropping selected pics into albums so much easier and save time. Having to go back and forth from Camera Roll or All pictures to the Albums makes one lose their place, and since the photo in Camera roll remains in Camera roll even after moving, it makes it difficult to know which pictures have been placed in albums.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive should start with Files on Demand set to cloud only

After years of systems having more and more local storage, most new laptops and tablets now have much less storage. A 256GB drive is now on the high end. A user can have up to 1TB of OneDrive storage, which if it is downloaded locally, would easily fill the local storage and lock up the device.
    Having each user that is set up on the computer start with all OneDrive folders in the cloud only would prevent this.
    If the system detects the existence of a secondary drive or SD card, it should ask the user if they would like…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please read very carefully, as users have to do nowadays: I only wanted to use Onedrive as backup incidentally

Since years I do read texts during installations very carefully.
    I did NOT give permission to sync MY files, pictures, etc. on onedrive.
    Just noticed that this stupid little cloud icon was activated again (yes, I am angry).
    All I need is to backup some files and projects so now and then.
    Any application should be clear to use or at least as clear as possible. Check and recheck the terminology!
    What happened:
    - Used dropbox for several years as backup.
    - New laptop: dropbox started syncing; impossible to return to the backup
    functionality.
    - Started using onedrive, paying for…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base