OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Поправте

Було б добре якби текс не налазив http://prntscr.com/kb9hpk

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically "Save Space" if files are not accessed

The ability to save space is awesome. However, you can innovate this idea further by allowing users to configure a time-period (1 week, 1 month) etc. in which OneDrive will automatically remove files locally and store them online only.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gerber and HPGL file viewers for OneDrive

I'd like to see Gerber and HPGL viewers added to the 'New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams'

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/New-File-Viewers-for-OneDrive-SharePoint-and-Teams/bc-p/217169#M829

Gerber is the industry-standard file format used in the production of printed circuit boards and HPGL is a legacy plotter language still in use and valuable as a way to import images from CAD/PCB programs into CorelDRAW, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring OneDrive UWP and OneDrive Desktop closer together

There are still a lot of differences between OneDrive UWP and OneDrive Desktop that need to grow closer together.

• UWP allows multiple OneDrive accounts, Desktop only 1 or 1 Personal and One Business
    • UWP offline/sync has nothing to do with Desktop Sync but should be one system
    • Browsing files with Explorer on OneDrive works very nice with Online/Offline files, but with UWP app this is only an interface into Online OneDrive files
    • UWP OneDrive could evolve to UWP File Explorer somehow
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want you all to go **** yourselves. That is my idea for you. Hey you have been loyal to MS for 10 years. But now we want $100 a year *****

Please take a moment to accept that I have never been more angry with you than I am now. I'd love for you despite having purchase 365 for 5 years and then a discount Office 2016, you took away 995 GB of storage with out telling us.

I'd like to advise you to kiss me somewhere but, I don't think you'll comprehend the ire you are about to receive. I will be upgrading to 500 GB on google. Goodbye.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. One Drive App Paswword

We have Multi-Factor Authentication and use it extensively across Windows 10 and Android devices. The App Password works well for emails however it would be useful to allow this for OneDrive on Android and Windows 10 PC. We have a secure "workspace" folder on the devices so security in this sense is not compromised.
    Please can we have App Passwords across all platforms and apps. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How am I supposed to upload larger amounts of data? I have 600 GB to sync overall and I've only had 15 GB synced in 24 hours. This is insane

How am I supposed to upload larger amounts of data? I have 600 GB to sync overall and I've only had 15 GB synced in 24 hours. I have a fast cable connection. This is insane, absolutely ridiculous.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve the Modern UI Sorting\Viewing for Images

My wife has a Surface 2, and we recently moved all our kids photos from PhotoBucket....

Problem that needs addressing: It's sorting by name or something, and new files are at the end of like a few thousand photos. So if you want to see new pictures it's 5 minutes of scrolling right to get to the end....then the wait for the thumbs to catch up. I would like SORTING to be an option, like by last modified\added or something.

Also, bug here...if we change our Pictures\Video folder to an SD card location OneDrive doesn't auto-backup the cameraroll anymore.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pictures unable view in OneDrive

OneDrive for Windows pictures unable view, need to click!

Difference from Google can be seen easily.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please don't create situation which forces us to go for office365. Raise the 5 GB mark. That's it. Thanks

Don't force one into accepting Office365. Raise the 5 GB mark. Windows is already lagging behind Google Drive in all respects.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. File Conflicts dialog does not show timestamps

When file conflicts are detected, say you have 20 conflicts.. you must "click to resolve" each one, it is then expected that you will open each file and review it OR make a duplicate of each file.

The dialog should display both files with timestamps next to them so you can easily choose which one to keep

Sometimes when you open a file to review conflicts there is nothing different inside it either!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the delete circle bger please. And if one accidently hit the wrong spot on a picture you wanted to delete ask before a

Make the delete circle bigger/larger and don't have all of the previously checked boxes go away if you accidently touch the wrong portion of the picture. Ask if we wanted to perform this action or something of that nature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a business OneDrive account and synchronize files with my desk top at work and with my lap top at home so I can work on them when I'

I have a business OneDrive account and synchronize files with my desk top at work and with my lap top at home so I can work on them when I'm not in the office.

I have noticed that OneDrive assigns wrong dates to my files on one drive.

Today is Sunday 15 July. I just opened a file on my laptop that I had been working on yesterday (Saturday 14 July). But all yesterday's changes are gone. As if OneDrive has replaced the newer version on my laptop with the older online version. When I look at the modified date…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive security - Prevent everyone to share a file when they are not the owner

I created one file, in this case a OneNote NoteBook and shared it with friend A with "Required user to sign in before accesssing docuemnt" via OneNote for Desktop. When friend A received the invitation email from me, he clicked the link "View in OneDrive" then he still can view and edit my NoteBook immediately wihtout login in to his Live account first. Then he can just share the link he got from the invitation email and send it to everyone else and they all can view and edit my NoteBook without my permission.

If he logs into his Live…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update OneDrive Windows client so the "provide feedback" link points to uservoice

After the latest update I got a pop up message from OneDrive telling me that my files are synchronized (yeah!) and that I need to upgrade to Office 365 (I already am using O365). I decided to click on the help -> provide feedback link in that pop up. It brought me to https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/category/86087-windows and a message that the forum was closed and that I needed to go to onedrive.uservoice.com to pick a forum.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace "Always keep on this drive" with "Exempt from Files on Demand"

Some apps need constant synch. If you have one, you cannot use Files on demand! Using "Always keep on this drive" doesn't help

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can it be uploaded automatically every other time?

Can onedrive be uploaded automatically every other time?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. At initial setup STOP if file conflict present

Add a feature to ASK THE USER WHAT TO DO before implementing default rules for handling file conflicts.
    I'm syncing a particular network folder to two machines.
    Before asking me, onedrive created tons of duplicate files.
    Now after stopping sync (to tame this disaster) I'm not able to change the settings because the first sync did not finish.
    So now I literally have no way to prevent a mass data corruption.
    Seriously guys, what were you thinking? (or smoking?)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. disable

Need to be able to permanently disable the Constant Notifications that OneDrive is 'only' 90% full.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base