OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Replace "Always keep on this drive" with "Exempt from Files on Demand"

Some apps need constant synch. If you have one, you cannot use Files on demand! Using "Always keep on this drive" doesn't help

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can it be uploaded automatically every other time?

Can onedrive be uploaded automatically every other time?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. At initial setup STOP if file conflict present

Add a feature to ASK THE USER WHAT TO DO before implementing default rules for handling file conflicts.
    I'm syncing a particular network folder to two machines.
    Before asking me, onedrive created tons of duplicate files.
    Now after stopping sync (to tame this disaster) I'm not able to change the settings because the first sync did not finish.
    So now I literally have no way to prevent a mass data corruption.
    Seriously guys, what were you thinking? (or smoking?)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. disable

Need to be able to permanently disable the Constant Notifications that OneDrive is 'only' 90% full.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Another functionality to browse folders when uploading/downloading files from Windows Store apps

When browsing folders for uploading or downloading files from Windows Store style apps (e.g., Internet Explorer), the browsing page normally starts at the root OneDrive directory, and the problem is that since Photo Upload functionality in the past created a photo album folder at the root note, now there're so many folders that I've to scroll away to find the applicable folder for uploading or downloading files.

I'm sure there're many customers suffering from this issue. Therefore, I'd like to request the OneDrive team to develop some functionalities like search within browsing page or tree structure like File Explorer.

Thanks…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a setting to select Music and Videos to be saved to OneDrive by default.

Similar to how one can choose for Documents and Photos to be saved to OneDrive instead of "This PC"

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Program Files

Create Program Files(+settings) so applications can sync its state, and settings across different machines. For example: If I add podcast to iTunes it will be available on other machine, or if I create preset in lightroom it would be ready on second machine.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Freeze

Stop freezing accounts for no reason.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ADD refresh buttom

Uáááá! ADD buttom refresh ! It say "OneDrive is actual. Last actualization 4 hours ago" really? 4 hours ago" and it say to me it is actual?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. improve your sync feature. it is very disapointing and troublesome to use compare to dropbox

i'm a previous dropbox user and recently switched to one drive for more than a month now. I noticed that onedrive always have problem sync with microsoft files especially words and power point. the sync is so troublesome that it prevents me from uploading the latest changes file to onedrive. Dropbox is a third party storage provider and it does the syncing better than your current one drive does. it always upload latest file without fail. please improve on this sync problem as it is costing me a lot of time.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Store OneDrive folders in different local storage places (external drive and local machine and any combo of this).

I think it would be helpful if OneDrive allowed folders to be stored locally on more than one storage device. I would have some things stored from an external drive, and some locally. Why? Because on units like the surface pro 3, we cannot give up all of our space, and we do not want to redownload a file everytime to use it. I dock my SP3 at work, and then that is where an external drive would come in handy, but there are certain files that need to be on the machine.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to install a specific version of OneDrive

It would be nice to have the ability to install a specific version of OneDrive just like they have for Office 365 Click to Run. This would help when we troubleshoot issues. That way we can identify when the issue actually started and give exact information to Microsoft.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enable users to tell OneDrive to sync immediately

Suppose I've changed files on my desktop and want to make sure they get to my Surface Pro before I head for the airport. Under W8.1 I could say "Sync" with the Metro OneDrive app, or the tray icon, and it would start to sync. I'm sitting here with a machine that hasn't bothered looking for an hour, yet there are plenty of new files that it ought to be downloading. Not cool, if you're mobile!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want a place where I upload once to an Archive folder and then delete off my One Drive local computer without loosing online files.

Need an "Untouchable" secure Safe folder in my OneDrive Online account where no matter what I do on any computer connected to One Drive the Secure folder is left alone as a safe, protected Archive. If I trust it then I can store pictures and important documents for a long time there instead of having to put files on home USB hard drives which break over a few years. I lost my pictures on OneDrive because I was using two computers and I deleted the family photos of the computer I use mainly for work and they ended up in…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How about some dial up support!

Have an 888 number for ONE DRIVE SUPPORT!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. enable device backups like in Windows 8

Really wish you would bring back the ability to backup the PC HDD to OneDrive like did in Windows 8

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Changing Drive for OneDrive Stored files on Windows 10

I'm not able to turn on my OneDrive Pictures because its too heavy and my Drive C: is getting full. you guys should let users to change it

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow online only parent folder

All files under an online only folder will automatically be set to online only. This instead of setting this on a file to file basis after the file has been synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive should have a feature to allow files to download at maximum connection speed.

For example, when downloading large amounts of data, it'd be useful if I could download at 200 Mbps, rather than the 20 Mbps OneDrive is seemingly limiting me to.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. default explorer

Allow OneDrive to be the default within Windows File Explorer.
    eg: File Explorer | Options | General | Open File Explorer to: = OneDrive

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base