OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Personal OneDrive Instances on the same PC

The ability to have multiple instance of different personal OneDrive accounts on a single PC in the same Windows Account.

In OneDrive for Business, you have the ability to sync with multiple organisations at a time. But in OneDrive Personal, only one personal account can be connected to at a time. The ability to connect to multiple personal accounts from the same Windows account would be of great use, especially where a user is part of a family subscription to Microsoft 365 where potentially, there could be 6 people in the subscription.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the user to limit the number of threads OneDrive spawns in large data migration operations

When a user is connecting a new computer or changing the settings of an older computer - such that the new setting will store all files locally - and - in the cloud - OneDrive spawns way too many threads resulting in I/O blocking. Instead, either limit the copy operation to no more than n/2 threads where n is the number of cores in the computer - or - allow the user to manually set the maximum number of threads.

The reason for this is I was copying everything to @local (roughly 240GB) and it took on a 1Gbit network…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable onedrive or maybe just make it have the option to not upload anything while still being active.

There should be a way to either disable it entirely, or disable it during a specific time frame/app your on. Because some windows/UAC (User Account Control) files i've moved to desktop screen were now in drive and cannot be recovered. They weren't of any importance due to it revolving around a folder that was in a windows sub-sub-sub-sub-sub folder, what im basically saying, the main point of this? WINDOWS/UAC FILES SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO UPLOAD TO ONEDRIVE. And since i couldn't recover them i just deleted the files from drive. What. A. Waste. Of. Time. However, this did allow me…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to select a folder in my local documents to not be sync with OneDrive

I am having conflicting issues with R statistical software. I want to select a folder in my local documents to not be sync with OneDrive, but your software does not have this option. It feels like OneDrive hijacked my computer. I have to have OneDrive permission to acess all my folders. Sometimes, when internet is unavailable, I cannot access local folders, because OneDrive does not let me. I want to select which specific folders I want OneDrive to sync and backup. And also I want to make default to make all files available first in my computer, and then second…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please stop syncing on my computer. I do not want you.

Have the ability to easily remove syncing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cannot open files in OneDrive normally

Cannot open files in OneDrive normally

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tekstuele bug in OneDrive App (NL-NL) versie

Er is een tekstuele bug in de OneDrive App. Zie bijgevoegde PNG bestand voor de locatie van de bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To be able to backup additional folders apart from Document, Pictures and Videos.

Using OneDrive is a convenient backup for files on my Windows PC. However, M-Soft only allows 3 folders to be chosen - why not add the ability to do more folders (e.g. Videos and Music) without having to move those into one of the 3 current choices?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Few Suggestions to make this app more usable & user friendly

1. Show sync speed (ul/dl) for every individual file as it shows in any download manager app

2. Add option to pause and resume every individual file for UL/DL to take the full control to prioritize while Ul/Dl a bulk amount of data synching

3. One direct click button for Pause, & quiet, restart & settings in the lower portion of the OD client app

4. Make the 64bit newly launched OD client more performance-oriented to take the full advantages & utilization of all the modern & greater HW resources (i.e. CPU & More RAM) to get the job (file sync) done more quickly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Few Suggestions to make this app more usable & user friendly

1. Show sync speed (ul/dl) for every individual file as it shows in any download manager app

2. Add option to pause and resume every individual file for UL/DL to take the full control to prioritize while Ul/Dl a bulk amount of data synching

3. One direct click button for Pause, & quiet, restart & settings in the lower portion of the OD client app

4. Make the 64bit newly launched OD client more performance-oriented to take the full advantages & utilization of all the modern & greater HW resources (i.e. CPU & More RAM) to get the job (file sync) done more quickly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let us exclude certain folder from syncing to OneDrive.

Example:
    I tell OneDrive to sync my Documents folder. However, within my Documents are some large folder for say Games which take up a lot of space. It would be nice to allow us to select folder to exclude from syncing to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. blocage de sauvegarde d'un fichier sur le bureau

Un clic droit sur une icone de fichier posé provisoirement sur le bureau pour interdire à onedrive de sauvegarder automatiquement ce fichier.
    merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We should be allowed to exclude certain folders from uploading.

I like to keep my development source code on One drive so that they are backed up in real time.
    But when i build it creates a lot of cache & target which also get synced & I really want to exclude that.

There should be a feature to choose folders whose contents should only stay on the PC & not sync to the cloud.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Exclude folders from synching, and not by copying it elsewhere.

In the era before Onedrive, our local Document folder was our own.

Now. Onedrive forces us to sync it, even if we didn't specifically said to.

I now have a game that puts its savegame in the document folder, and it's not the only game to do so. Save games takes spaces. And they are already synched to the game's cloud. I don't want them in onedrive.

Please allow us to exclude folders we don't want to sync, and please give us a choice when unsynching, as deleting local files is not always a good idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Sync process should check before wiping files (it wiped 2 years of data)

My experience of your product is as follows. When I first purchased my PC 2 years ago, it came with One Drive out of the box and when I copied my data across to My Documents it started syncing them to One Drive. At that point I didn't want that to happen so I stopped the process. I didn't realise that approximiately 10 folders from My Documents had already synced to One Drive. 2 years later I purchase a subscription to office 365 and decided that I would make use of the 1TB storage that comes with the subscription. When…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make unlinking OneDrive and pc more obvious in case the white cloud in the taskbar is gone.

unlinking OneDrive from the PC for those who wish to do so should be made easier than the while clod in case that cloud is removed.
    Is there another way for the average user to do so without that cloud?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base