OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared onedrive folder name should remain the same when synchronised

When I share a Onedrive folder with user B within my company and user B then chooses to synchronise this folder to his/her PC, my full account name is automatically added to the folder name as it appears in Windows Explorer. This creates unclarity, the folder name on user B's PC should remain exactly the same. Problem recreated in added screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix OneDrive desktop synchronization so Office 360 shortcuts for Word 32-bit and Word 64-bit on different PCs will still work.

Fix OneDrive desktop synchronization so Office 360 shortcuts for Word 32-bit and Word 64-bit on different PCs will still work. Right now I have 50% of my PCs with 32-bit Office 360 and 50% of my PCs with 64-bit Office 360. When my desktops synchronize through OneDrive I have to create a 2nd set off shortcuts to activate Word, Excel, and Powerpoint on both PCs since the path is different.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simpler and actually working files selection for OneDrive synchronisation

Make the selection of the folders that are to be synchronised in the drive simpler, and make it work reliably. Like if we could just right click on a file or a folder from the file browser and select if we want it to be synchronised on the Drive or not, that would be great.
    The current way of selecting which folders are to be synchronised does not work, it always gives error message, and when it doesn't, it messes up the synchonisation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bestand streamen

Het zou mooi zijn als je bijvoorbeeld een mxf bestand welke in de cloud staat kan staat kan streamen vanaf de desktop app. Nu moet hij eerst helemaal worden gedownload voordat vlc hem bijvoorbeeld kan openen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 원드라이브 동기화를 일정시간 동안 중단시키는 기능이 있는데, 반대로 일정시간 동안만 동기화를 유지하고 그 시간이 지나면 동기화를 자동으로 멈추게 하는 기능이 있으면 좋을 것 같습니다.

원드라이브 동기화를 일정시간 동안 중단시키는 기능이 있는데, 반대로 일정시간 동안만 동기화를 유지하고 그 시간이 지나면 동기화를 자동으로 멈추게 하는 기능이 있으면 좋을 것 같습니다.
    간단하게 말하자면 동기화 중지 예약 기능 같은 것입니다. 사용자가 원하는 시간에만 동기화 기능을 켜고 그 외의 시간에는 동기화 기능을 꺼놓음으로써 배터리를 절약할 수 있을 것 같습니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 원드라이브 동기화를 일정시간 동안 중단시키는 기능이 있는데, 반대로 일정시간 동안만 동기화를 유지하고 그 시간이 지나면 동기화를 자동으로 멈추게 하는 기능이 있으면 좋을 것 같습니다.

원드라이브 동기화를 일정시간 동안 중단시키는 기능이 있는데, 반대로 일정시간 동안만 동기화를 유지하고 그 시간이 지나면 동기화를 자동으로 멈추게 하는 기능이 있으면 좋을 것 같습니다.
    간단하게 말하자면 동기화 중지 예약 기능 같은 것입니다. 사용자가 원하는 시간에만 동기화 기능을 켜고 그 외의 시간에는 동기화 기능을 꺼놓음으로써 배터리를 절약할 수 있을 것 같습니다.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive adatok nem csak rendszer lemezen

Úgy vélem ezzel problémával nem csak én szembesültem. Sokunknak lehet úgy, hogy a PC-jükben vagy notebookjukban két meghajtó van. Egy SSD a rendszernek és egy jóval nagyobb kapacitású HDD. Szerencsés lenne, ha ki lehetne választani, hogy a OneDrive melyik lemezen legyen. Ennek különösen akkor lenne nagy haszna, ha valaki biztonsági okok miatt minden fájl szeretne tárolni, nem csak a felhőben és mondjuk, egy 1T-s előfizetése van.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. onedrive 目录名称可以不加"空格"和"-"吗

onedrive 目录名称可以不加"空格"和"-"吗

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. one drive setup auto-backup feature is deceptive and terrible

setup procedure that automatically uploads documents from desktop, documents, and photo folders should require a positive user decision to turn it on after it has been described well what the user is signing up for. Turning on autosave for office products automatically is also terrible and could lead to upload of sensitive documents and photos that are not approved for cloud storage

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Quick share, with two optons only Edit or No Edit

In the right-click of a file or folder, add a quick share option with only these two choices Allow Edit or No Edit.

When click a link is copied to the clipboard.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quick share, with two optons only Edit or No Edit

In the right-click of a file or folder, add a quick share option with only these two choices Allow Edit or No Edit.

When click a link is copied to the clipboard.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move "Outlook Files" out of "Documents" on move/sync Windows known folders

When a user enables backup of important windows folders (backup of windows known folders) all content from "Documents" folder is moved to OneDrive, the problem is if you have PST files from POP3 mail accounts configured in Outlook, these cause synchronization conflict and even block the user's PST mailboxes or corrupt them.

I suggest that the moment a user enables synchronization of the documents folder, move the "Outlook Files" folder out of the documents folder and reconfigure their location in Outlook, for example to "% USERPROFILE%\Outlook Files" ("C:\Users\username\Outlook Files"), thus remaining out of synchronization and therefore the problem.

A plus…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The OneDrive version 19.232.1124.0012 crashed in windows 10, but the official released version just be 19.232.1124.0010.

The OneDrive crashed, it always flash back. my system is windows 10 1909 os version is 18363.752. My onedrive version is version 19.232.1124.0012, But as I checked the official released onedrive version just be 19.232.1124.0010.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The question has been aske...how do i download files but not have them compressed into a zip file? I upload and download tons of 1gb images

I'd like to be able to set in motion the downloading of many images files. They are all 1gb each...I do not want them compressed into a zip file when the arrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow extending the storage maximum beyond 1TB. It's too hard to access 1TB chunks in the other family accounts.

Simplify the consolidation and use of the Microsoft Office family allocations of 6 x 1TB, and allow purchase of online storage beyond that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share one notification icon for all instances of OneDrive

I have multiple personal and business/school OneDrive accounts. Each of them is represented by its own notification icon on the taskbar. I'd like a setting that collapses them all into a SINGLE icon for OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable sharing requests

I'm getting a lot of spam and phishing attempts being "shared" with me and there is no way I can turn off requests, especially from people I'm not contacts with. Today for the first time got a notification popup on my Windows notification icon about "adult chat" on FB messenger, essentially sending me a **** site as a word doc. Can you imagine getting this popup in the office or during a presentation? This system is being exploited and there needs to be a way to disable sharing or sharing requests altogether. Attached are similar things that have been shared…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add single-file/folder sync policies (frequency, .ignore, etc)

Adding individual sync policies, in particular sync frequencies (e.g. only sync once a day at 00:00) and .ignore for single files or whole types would be very powerful and solve the following:

some files/folders which are large and frequently locked by some applications using them are prone to both syncing errors (new copies created for each device) and corruption.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 209 210
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base