OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive actions from Windows File Explorer

As noted here (https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive-now-supports-10-gb-files/) File Explorer should have more context actions for file. But it doesn't seem to be the case for Windows 8.1

Please add OneDrive actions directly to File Explorer. Like "Get link", "Share" and privacy options. Always the need to go to the website is a pain.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move local OneDrive files vs. downloading all again

OneDrive created itself in my Users folder by design. I decided to move it to another partition. I unlinked it and then reconnected, choosing the partition and folder I preferred. Rather than just moving my data files from the previous location to the new one on my disk, it downloaded all the files again from the cloud, which took hours. Then I realized that was not the best location and moved them again, requiring more hours and hogging up bandwidth. This is inefficient. I am still learning where the best place is for my files, and now I am reluctant…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't view the files that are been uploading.

I mean the loading bar that you put when the file is charging

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow OneDrive for Business folder to be renamed

The main OneDrive for Business folder cannot be renamed, apparently because the path for syncing would break.

This is limiting and becomes very confusing for employees when sharing files with colleagues, as SharePoint creates folders with the same name in the computers. People don't remember which is theirs and which is shared.

1,074 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 只能使用默认目录,不能更改OneDrvice目录。

只能使用默认目录,不能更改OneDrvice目录。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide API to access Windows Settings stored in OneDrive

I would like to have REST API to things like Favorites, passwords, etc.
    Obviously some API already exists and is used by Windows but it's not documented anywhere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Files or Folders available online again in Windows 10

Please let there be files or folders available online again in windows 10, please please please.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need security & features in one drive app for desktop/mobile version

Hi Team,

Presently the one drive app for desktop doesnt have any security feature. All pics can be viewed by anyone who has access to the desktop/laptop.

Please put some lock/hide for desktop/laptop version of one drive app as its there in mobile or any option to lock a particular folder will be great.

Also provide the option to sort by(date/name) in desktop/laptop version as its there in the mobile version.

Option to allow the app to delete pics once they are uploaded to one drive which will help us.(i.e. a checkbox to delete pics after upload)

It would be

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. geburst

Datei. bilde

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. win10 TP Build 10159. i now have the one drive up and running. However, i can not move the one drive path nor do i have the off line option.

I am running windows 10 TP Build 10159. I now have the one drive up and running. However, I can not move the one drive path nor do I have the off line option. the surface model does not have a large Hard drive so this off line only option is the best of both worlds. I can still have it as just a back up and sync just the files I need at the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The oneDrive icon on the System Tray is not consistent with the new Windows 10 icons. Please consider updating this icon. Thank you

The OneDrive icon shown on the System Tray is not consistent with the new Windows 10 icons. Please consider updating this icon.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. se pueda grabar en la nube sin necesidad de utilizar espacio en el drive que lo levanta

sencillo. no utilizar el disco duro sea del teléfono, tableta, notebook o cualquier dispositivo al alzar a la nube. para que quiero nube si al borrar del disco duro borra en. la nube?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Changing Drive for OneDrive Stored files on Windows 10

I'm not able to turn on my OneDrive Pictures because its too heavy and my Drive C: is getting full. you guys should let users to change it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customize the ICON folders (and keep it after sync)

In Windows, we have the possibility to customize the icon of a folder. But if we do it in a OneDrive folder the sync resets the default icon..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let me prevent auto startup

I wish to have the ability to prevent onedrive from running at startup and/or still be able to manually start or stop onedrive entirely including the sync processes from the desktop.

I use a laptop for a dedicated software system setup that when onsite does not have internet access by design but the constant attempting to sync and starting up without internet present seems to cause a drain on system resources and interferes with my dedicated software from maintaining a constant output control system.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm done with OneDrive.

Too many bugs, too slow. OneDrive continues to tell me it can't merge changes to a document THAT HASN'T BEEN EDITED. OneDrive then creates duplicate files appended with the name of the computer I'm working on. THIS IS INSANE AND HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A MONTH. The problem is on the OneDrive side and needs to be fixed. Microsoft - fix this!!! Until this is acknowledged and fixed my Microsoft, and until the Shared documents sync properly with the desktop client, I'm done with OneDrive. Dropbox has never let me down like this poor imitation from Microsoft.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base