OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TO FIX THE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH WINDOWS APP!!!

TO FIX THE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH WINDOWS APP!!! Synchronization with online portal of OneDrive works fine and it syncs a pictures taken be my Lumia after few seconds only, but Windows folder syncs after hours!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use symbolic links to syncronize folders

To sync folders that are outside of OneDrive home folder should be nice to create a symbolic link/aliases for the desired folder.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suddenly my location of files is changed to drive C

I deleted some files, suddenly the connection is broken. The One drive tried without asking to Put the files on drive C Which is my system drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notify when two or more users are working in the same document at the same time

Need to be advised when I'm working on a document that is in a shared folder and it's being used by another user at the same time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. offer a ******* stop sync now or pause downloading/uploading because your hogging all of the **** up/download stream

every time i now start windows 10 the entire network with all devices non windows stop or slow down , you fuccking idiots really , no wonder everyone is finding way to stop windows 10 from contstantly phoing home . wasted 1500, 00 on new laptop , same crawling system . ,its 2016 . oh and thanks again for banning my account from rewards program

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send Favorites To Onedrive from Internet Explorer, Update Favorites From Onedrive for Internet Explorer

Hi -

1.Send Current Favorites To Onedrive from Internet Explorer.

When browsing at home using Internet Explorer - researching work solutions for the next working week. I press the send favorites to OneDrive account button from Internet Explorer or equivalent.

2.Update Favorites From Onedrive account for Internet Explorer or equivalent.

When I get to work - From Internet Explorer at my work desktop pc. I press the Retrieve favorites from Onedrive account button - and my favorites are added for the new working week and are available at work.

Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to suggest my idea. …

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive ne fonctionne plus depuis la 1511 et cela remet en cause la suite sur 365

Veullez réparer en URGENCE OneDrive pour qu'il fonctionne sur le disque D:

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pricing and Sharing

Recently, I had to purchase extra storage on Google Drive. I would have liked to use Onedrive, but there was no adequate sharing options. With Google Drive, I can share a folder and the person I share it with can actually download the folder onto their computer. With OneDrive they must access the folder via web. That's very restrictive, especially with photos. Also, Google Drive offers 100 gb of storage for $1.99, while OneDrive only offers 50.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This is a trouble program, I suggest any program should be open if I I needed.

Programs should be open by the need of the user. Having programs, open all the time, and the user is closing and spending time on this is no sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not "Up to date"

OneDrive says "Up to date" when it is not (i.e. when I have moved files/folders on a second synced laptop). Is my only option to exit and restart? Why isn't there one button to do this (exit & restart) instead of me having to right click, exit; Are you sure? yes; go to windows, all programs, one drive; additional popup. Ugh.

Even though this only happens infrequently, it seems like such a simple fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. give me the ability to disable screen capture on OneDrive

I prefer using Greenshot as my screen capture program as it allows me more flexibility on what I want to do with my screen captures. As of now, whenever I launch Greenshot, Windows tells me another program already has the "Shift + Prtsc" key, since OneDrive automatically launches on startup.

Appreciate your consideration of my idea.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After halfway through downloading a video on Onedrive it tells me sorry cant upload video.....etc.

Why does it keep doing this i am connected to the internet and my files are on my desktop whats up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. clearly indicate difference between one drive and one drive for business

This got better for a while, I have OneDrive personal with a MS account and OneDrive for business with an Office365 account.
    When one of my passwords get lost or changes (power fail this morning) I get an anonymous prompt and I have no idea which OneDrive I am putting he password for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add sync exception for folders

add sync exception for folders so some subfolders of a synced folder will not be synced to the cloud. for example I need to sync the 'my documents' folder, but qq and wechat forcefully store their programd data in this folder so as long as I have these I'm apps open I have to always sync tons of useless data.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. show how to get rid of one drive CORRECTLY !

Your directions to shut off onedrive are wrong

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base