OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive DISASTER Blocking connection! CATASTROPHE! MUST SUE MSN!

Dreadful Mistake
    Disaster
    Worse than a virus

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make it well in china please (-_-)!!

I dont like the other cloud servers, but I could not open the html page of onedrive for many times. it sucks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. it doesn't work i can't get into it it just say: no network contact but i have good internet please help me

it doesn't work i can't get into it it just say: no network contact but i have good internet please help me

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I can not see the status of synchronization. At Dropbox, you allways see how far the sync is.

I can not see the status of synchronization. At Dropbox, you allways see how far the sync is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fix what ever is causing my mouse pointer to not work momentarily after typing,or clicking on something is extremely annoying

my idea is to recommend that you guys stop altering **** and keep it simple. Go find a hobby.
    Please don't add to my misery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "sync and shut down" command

"sync and shut down" command needed, because everyday i wait for synchronozation to end for leaving office

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable any folder to be synced

From the context file menu in explorer (I think thats what you call it) I'd like to see an option "Sync [file/folder] with OneDrive" when you right click a file or folder.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Do not start OwnCloud

Do not start Owncloud when I simply told it not to start on startup. This is a sign that I do not want to use it. So do not try to force me to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add bandwidth controls to onedrive

I have no way to set the cap on upload speed. It would max out the upload and I couldn't do anything on the internet when onedrive was uploading.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fix the software.

We have had recurring problems having our desktop spreadsheet sync with the Online, even after resetting several times
    About to find a different solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One Drive Cloud von Microsoft funktioniert mehr schlecht als recht bei Windows 10 stützt beim systemstart sehr häufig ab

One drive Cloud von Microsoft funktioniert mehr schlecht als recht stürzt immer bei Windows 10 sehr häufig ab bitte kostenlos nachbessern Update

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OneDrive: avoir la possibilitée de mettre en pause et de reprendre la synchronisation.

La synchronisation limite le débit de le bande passante pour l'accès a internet ou bien la mise a jour de divers logiciel. Pouvoir interrompre un moment la synchronisation serait un plus.
    Pouvoir également programmer des horaires de synchronisation pendant de heures où l'on sait que l'on utilise pas notre ordinateur serait aussi une option très utile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync newest files first

On slow connections a sync sometimes take some time. I like to haven an option to sync from newsest to oldes file. If I leafe my workstation an add a document I have to wait until all other stuff is synct before I can access this document online. Quick sharing of a file is not possible while bigger syncs are running.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. to add "manual sync"

the onedrive failed to sync automatically every single time I booted up my win 10 PCs from hibernation. Well, or you may improve your auto-sync either. Otherwise it could cause total loss of my files due to repeated upload in different PCs for the same file. Look forward to seeing improvement on this issue. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change sync rules, allow a machine to take a "master" role

I do MCU / IoT development/test/debugging on a powerful desktop.In the build process many temporary files get created.

I like to use OneDrive to review/browse source files from my Surface Pro 4

I would like to be able to limit/filter what is synced from the OneDrive location on the dev PC to the cloud, to minimise the wasted ADSL uplink bandwidth and speed the sync process up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 如何查看自己的账户

看自己的账户不方便

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Your IT department made a change that prevents you from syncing this folder. To find out more please contact your IT department"

"Your IT department made a change that prevents you from syncing this folder. To find out more please contact your IT department" message when doing the initial sync of the NGSC.

The issue occurs inside and outside the network.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Un-sync OneDrive folders should not need to go to Recycle Bin

In Windows 10, when deselecting folders (of course, I would like the file-by-file option back, as suggested countless times in this section), the now unsync'ed folder(s) should not need to be placed in the Recycle Bin but fully deleted. (I would presume that all its contents have been already placed and updated in the cloud first!)
    I often need to unsync to clear up storage space, and moving to the Recycle Bin of course will not clear up needed drive storage.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Upload or Download Pause

Upload file or Download file select pause button

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base