OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just make it more intuative.

If it's supposed to be all linked together we should just be able to drag stuff to it like any other drive on the computer. Why do we have to even open an app? I get it may need to be set up initially but then it should work and if it doesn't have an internet connection at the moment just temp store the file on the device until it can upload it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Sync now" function to the W10 app

I consider myself a heavy user of OneDrive. I have 2 computers: a laptop and a desktop at home. I carry the laptop to the hospital to do A LOT of paperwork (at least 50 new Word/Excel files per day, every day), and I like to keep things very organized. When I get home, I like to work on my desktop, and the sync feature allows me to recover any file from my laptop to my desktop effortlessly. Problem is: there's no manual syncing option, so when I get home, i have to wait till OneDrive on my laptop decides…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a "shared with me" tab.

If you have a OneDrive personal account, you cannot see the shared with me tab. We should have it because it lets us see the files more easily. Thank You.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow to upload folders and to choose folders from anywhere on our compuer

Please allow us the ability to upload entire folders and be able to choose different folders from our computer. It is a major inconvenience to have to save everything in the Onedrive folder for it to be uploaded. I would like to choose different folders from anywhere on my file system and be able to have them sync.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please don't delete the local folder immediately when I uncheck it in the syncing list.

U can use the syncing status icon to distinguish the files in sync and out of sync.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To display what you call your onedrive folder in the onedrive pop-up menu

So, you know the little pop-up that appears on the desktop when you click on the "onedrive for business" icon? well, for me, it says open your "onedrive - lassen county of education folder". I renamed my onedrive folder "Peter's Onedrive" but it still shows up as the old name in the onedrive icon's pop-up box. how about you make it say what you rename the folder?

See what I'm getting at?

Good.

Peter

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. i want to know the features of onedrive upgrade,not just the space! what's more i can get?

i want to know the features of onedrive upgrade,not just the space! what's more i can get?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 5GB

原本衹有15GB來存儲一些零碎文件,今天收到mail說被降至5GB.
    太突然了,之前完全沒有通知我,希望能保留我的容量空間

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. how do i sync my files?

how do i sync my files in windows 10?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow shared files to be synced. Brilliant, eh?

allow shared files to be synced. Brilliant, eh?

580 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to access the clipboard outside of Word

I just recently lost part of a research essay because I was cutting and pasting what I had written into a new document (I meant to copy and paste it but oh well), and I could not find how to access the clipboard to find the second to last item I had cut in order to not lose that work without using an application, which could not recover what was cut before it was installed. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add an option to resync data

Recently was working on a project. However, after working on one computer, I could not get the new file to show as update on my other computers unless I removed the file and replace the file in onedrive. I need to be able to push new changes to skydrive and have them be reflected without needing to do this.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More onedrive account on same app

App showing all account onedrive in the same windows or in the same app by switching or clicking above the account

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base