OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have OneDrive in Windows 10 work the way it does in WIndows 8.1!

OneDrive as it exists in the Tech Preview of Windows 10 is a dramatic step backwards in terms of usability. No longer can I choose where OneDrive is located - in Windows 8.1, I can set OneDrive to be on an external drive, freeing up local hard drive space and allowing me to have more folders available offline. Now I am limited to my laptop's small hard drive, meaning I can only sync very little from my OneDrive.

I also cannot understand why the ability to see all of OneDrive in File Explorer is gone. It is currently so easy…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Folder Name

I would like to be able to change the name of the OneDrive folder, so it isn't forced to be "OneDrive".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back the "Make available online only" and still show content locally (like in Windows 8.1)

Bring back the "Make available online only" option, while still showing content locally (like in Windows 8.1)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please fix sync issues on Windows 8.1

The OneDrive sync is very slow and not reliable on Winows 8.1. Sometimes it's going to "Checking for changes" and stuck in that position about 3-4 hours. Please fix it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Working 100%

Works great

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow option to turn off Onedrive in Windows 8.1

OneDrive is valuable for lots of people. However, in our enterprise we do not allow people to store information on servers we don't own (the "cloud"). We can't turn off OneDrive as an option for staff, which drives our tech support people crazy as every staffer gets into the circular issue of being asked for their MS account credentials every time they try to save a document.

I understand MS offered this as an easy way for people to save important files at home. However, it makes no sense to REQUIRE the use in a professional OS offering.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. improve your sync feature. it is very disapointing and troublesome to use compare to dropbox

i'm a previous dropbox user and recently switched to one drive for more than a month now. I noticed that onedrive always have problem sync with microsoft files especially words and power point. the sync is so troublesome that it prevents me from uploading the latest changes file to onedrive. Dropbox is a third party storage provider and it does the syncing better than your current one drive does. it always upload latest file without fail. please improve on this sync problem as it is costing me a lot of time.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please give us the "Share a link requiring a password" option on the right click menu.

We have the "Share a OneDrive link" right click menu option. But it would be very useful to have a "Share a OneDrive link requiring a password" option.

Once selected from the right click menu you would get a native non-web dialog which allows you to specify the password, confirm the password, and even allow you to specify a download timeout.

Once you select the "Share" button the link is placed on the clipboard.

You can then paste the download link into an email and send it to someone.
    Once the recipient clicks the download link they are prompted for…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please give me the ability to unshare from the right click menu.

Please give us the ability to unshare a shared file. Please add this feature to the Windows Desktop OneDrive right click menu, the OneDrive mobile apps (Android/Apple), and the OneDrive web site file list.

Idealy we should also be able to see if a file has been shared or not shared in the Windows Explorer's detail view so we don't have to right click to find out which files are shared or not. But if it is shared we should be able to unshare it by right clicking and selecting Unshare.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please allow users to download shared files directly from the link rather than requiring you to go to the OneDrive web site.

Currently when you share a file in Windows you can get a HTTP link and you can paste that link into an email. But when the recipient clicks the link they are taken to the OneDrive web site rather than directly downloading the file. I'd like to be able to allow people to directly download the file. Other file storage sites like DropBox allow this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the user to disable Sync.

I wish the OD-application had a feature, so I could chose whether to sync to or from the server, or even disable it all together.

For example, sometimes I want to be able to fiddle around with my files, without worrying about having the master-copy destroyed.
    And at other times, I want to be able to change the master-copy, without auto-syncing all my other devices.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make instructions to home users simpler I have never had onedrive work as advertised especially using multiple devices which results in loos

make instructions to home users simpler I have never had onedrive work as advertised especially using multiple devices which results in loss of files when editing on different devices. I am currently deleting office 365 from all my computers and discontinuing use of onedrive. my new windows laptop 8.1 has gone mad duplicating and causing errors on working systems as a result of onedrive. rendering it unusable.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. fiti mai flexibili cu crearea de cot uis prea exagerați

fiti mai flexibili cu crearea de cot uis prea exagerați

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 最好就可以發出聲音是最好的

就是發出去都有一個回來的信息就是有聲音确定訊息相方都收到是最好的表態。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sync problem auto resolution

I can't understand the meaning of showing all the sync problems, without a button to resolve the problems. Just now I synced my one drive to my PC and it's showing 169 conflicts. Current method to resolve, open 1 file by 1. It is so annoying. Just keep it simple, get me the latest version from cloud or update the one that I have on my drive. Think simple and productive folks!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. multi-account plz !

Let OneDrive client being accessible more than one account simultaneously

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base