OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The feature of saving the files first to the computer and then have a backup on OneDrive

It would be good to have the feature of saving the screenshots and other files first to the computer and then save a backup of these on OneDrive so that you don't have to worry about them not being synced to OneDrive as you at least have a copy on your computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Salvar como

O ambiente é o seguinte: “Arquivo Word aberto e sincronizado automaticamente -> Salvar como ->”. Ao executar está ação a janela de salvamento abre a pasta online do OneDrive ao invés da pasta local. Além disso, o arquivo salvo aparece na pasta local com o atributo somente online. Consequência disso é o atraso no rendimento do trabalho, pois primeiro é necessário aguardar o envio do arquivo para a nuvem e segundo é necessário aguardar seu download caso seja necessário abrir o mesmo logo em seguida. Embora seja possível selecionar a pasta local no ato do salvamento, seria muito útil se…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tag

After a holiday, I tag our photo’s one by one but it would be great if I could select multiple files (or even a folder) and tag them all at once (or inherit tags from the folder).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Signout Option in One Drive in Windows Desktop

Why can I not Sign Out from One Drive Signed in Windows Desktop? What if One uses One Drive in an Internet Café and Can't Find the Sign Out Option? There is a full possibility that Someone Other Might Access My Personal Documents and Misuse them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. huge problem when you restore your full backup of windows

you need to add a feature to onedrive for supporting full backup , i get a full backup on drive C and after 1 month i restore it full backup everything is ok execpt onedrive , i mean onedrive delete my new content i have before restoring backup , after restoring full backup (for example by acronis true image) , all old my cloud content replaced to clouddrive !
    hopefully i restore it one by one file from web UI (its get take time) , i hope in next update you will fix this issue on your program ! or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug: Wrong file status reported with Files On-Demand enabled in apps outside Windows folder

In recent Windows 10 versions (tested in VM with clean install of 1903 and 1909) and latest OneDrive app (also tested with latest version from Enterprise ring), the following bug occurs:

When Files On-Demand is enabled, all apps OUTSIDE WINDOWS DIRECTORY report "sync pending" availability status - regardless of an actual status - in file open/save dialogs, shell icon overlays in 3rd party file managers etc. Moving the apps to the Windows folder fixes the problem.

Therefore, this does not manifest in most system apps (Windows Explorer...), but it does manifest for apps in Program Files folder (even Microsoft's own,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If an Office 365 BusinessPro customer uninstalls OD completely, prevent any display of OD in all Office 365 Apps (PowerPoint, Word, ...)

If an Office 365 Business Pro customer uninstalls OneDrive completely, Microsoft should prevent any display of OneDrive, in any form, in all Office 365 Apps (PowerPoint, Word, ...)

Thanks.

-- Joe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very helpful to be able to sort Albums by alphabetical order.

It would be very helpful to be able to sort Albums by alphabetical order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please make it so that files in the document library cannot be moved from OneDrive client app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive クライアントアプリからドキュメント ライブラリのファイルを移動できないようにしたい
    Please make it so that files in the document library cannot be moved from OneDrive client app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive クライアントアプリを利用して SharePoint Online のドキュメント ライブラリを同期した際に、OneDrive クライアントアプリからローカル PC 上にファイルを移動できてしまう状態です。
    ユーザーが利用する際に、ドキュメント ライブラリに保存されているファイルのコピーは許可しつつ、移動する動作を禁止する設定を希望します。
    When I used the OneDrive client app to sync with SharePoint Online document library, files will be moved from OneDrive client app to the local pc.
    I hope for a new setting to prevent moving of files while still permitting the copy of files saved in the document library.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if we can select any specific folder of my PC to sync in one drive.

Hi
    It would be great if we can select any specific folder of my pc to sync in one drive. in current option we are only allowed put files/folders in one drive to sync. In desktop PC, provide an option to add a different location, or custom folders to sync.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently OneDrive will not sync to a new drive if other folder like Document and Downlaods target location is pointed there.

Currently OneDrive will not sync to a new drive if other folder like Document and Downlaods target location is pointed there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. need a refresh button

then my pc goes to sleep and wake up it can connect again
    so i need a refresh button under the (onedrive is up to date) instate of using the pause syncing and enable again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow users to prioritise the files being synced by OneDrive, see which files are being synced in a list

Users have no control over the sync process. I'd like to be able to set the priority, deselect some files from syncing (e.g. very large files so I could set them to run overnight) and see which files are being synced in a list, so that if there is an issue I can see what it is. Right now due to an upgrade error Windows is trying to sync 155GB of files, and I can't even see what they are until each file start to sync

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give your helpdesk team the ability to remote control customer computers to deal with problems

Instead of only allowing us to access the help team via email and then only have live chat (which is slow because they work with several people at once, and you can't explain your issue on the phone, so there are lots of misunderstandings) allow the OneDrive help team to remote control customer computers, just like the Windows and Surface teams

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatic pause sync while gaming option

Some games require files to be stored in Documents and some people prefer to have their Documents folder in OneDrive, which can cause conflicts. Unless I'm mistaking; most gaming environments, won't need OneDrive operating in the back ground, so an auto pause feature under such specific circumstances seems like a feature that should already complement the way Windows 10 is designed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To allow users to insert OneDrive Business pictures within Powerpoint not OneDrive Personal.

Our staff can sign into their OneDrive Business account within Powerpoint (desktop version) to open powerpoints but are unable to use the button within powerpoint Insert > "Online Pictures" (within the ribbon) to insert a picture from their OneDrive Business account. It only allows OneDrive Personal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according

It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according to our need . Currently if we pause it paused all files .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base