OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. different icon for multiple accounts

I have a personal and 2 Office 365 Accounts. I love the white icon for personal and blue icon for the School / Work Account, but I don't know which one is which until I've hovered over it.
    Is there any chance, like with the Office icons, you can add a little circle with the initials of the account in them, or a little picture? Just something to distinguish between the different accounts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ******* stop

if i * wanted this , i would download it. **. off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change on The System

I have just set up onedrive in another device and, you know, I've chose to backup
    - desktop
    - document
    - pictures
    But some moments after that I realize this was not a good idea, and decided to STOP backing up this files. So I set them to NOT back up and deleted them from my onedrive.
    Can you guess? this thing deleted the files from my desktop locally and everything else(pictures and documents).
    What in did you eat, that makes you get confused between an ORIGINAL files and a BACKUP file?
    Who in
    gave you permission to delete MY…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable Changing Onedrive location during windows installation

During the windows installation, OneDrive is activated automatically if you enter your credentials. However, there is no option to change the default OneDrive location during the installation. It automatically assumes the C drive which is a system drive. You have to manually unlink the pc and readjust your settings after the installation. Can you put a setting to change the default location during the installation?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rendere possibile la pausa indefinitamente, non soltanto per 2 etc. ore.

Per ONE Drive, rendere possibile la pausa indefinitamente, non soltanto per 2 etc. ore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. some GB lifetime for only personal use.

I just need some GBs like between 40 to 100 GB for personal use.

I checked some other cloud services with lifetime space and I found some good offers but I can't trust them as I trust onedrive. and I'm also familiar with it and I like it a lot.

the problem is that I can't afford the monthly or annually payment. and also I don't need all that much of storage.

so I was hoping you can add limited GB for a lifetime for only personal use. between 40 to 100 GB.

you can consider it for students.

regards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I Want Select A Folder In Derive D and Other Folder In derive F . Please add Select For Sync in Right Click And Restore This Folders With Ad

I Want Select A Folder In Derive D and Other Folder In derive F . Please add Select For Sync in Right Click And Restore This Folders With Address . Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How to remove OneDrive COMPLETELY, & have "This PC" actually point to THIS PC, not to OneDrive? I don't want to share ANYTHING on the cloud!

I have disabled OneDrive, primarily because I don't want files to be written to it automatically, I don't want to share my files on the "cloud", and I want to easily save my documents and files on my local disk. "This PC"n should point to "THIS PC", NOT to OneDrive", since "OneDrive" is NOT THIS PC! Instead, Windows makes it much harder to find and store items on a local disk drive (THIS PC!), because "This PC" does not actually point to the local disk, but to the Cloud. That is inaccurate, deceptive, and wrong.

SO, you've made it so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drag and drop from recent files on system tray

The "recent" pop out from OneDrive on the system try is really helpful. But sometimes I want to drag and drop that to another app (Your Phone, for example). But that's not possible. This is further complicated by no direct link to view the location directly (not just the OneDrive folder itself).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive sync issues

OneDrive just doesn't do the job. I have OneDrive from work and I also have a personal account. These two should just work seamlessly. Well they don’t. I have thousands of files waiting to be synced causing other files that I have recently added in OneDrive and which I want them synced on a priority and there’s no way to force this. There isn’t even a way to tell OneDrive to just ignore the problematic files or to manage them efficiently for whatever changes needs to be done to them to eventually sync. In the end when things get ugly,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add unlink buttom to Onedrive

please add unlink button so users can unlink the one drive.
    it start transfering files between my two devices and when i deleted the copied files it deleted also from my second pc.
    it's a terrible idea.
    I stop sharing to Onedrive from both devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As a paid user, I can't accept a situation where 365 users in China can no longer download files from onedriver.

It is hoped that Microsoft can provide technical support to 365 subscribers in China. It allows it to upload and download files smoothly in China, instead of constantly reporting download errors.
    Why else do I subscribe to your Office 365?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A simple recently accessed/used file selector in OneDrive (desktop)

Windows used to have an extremely useful recently used/accessed file/folder picker in explorer. The newer quick access is much much less useful since it does not register recently copied/accessed folders. One Drive could and should have something equivalent and better to allow users to much more simply access current/recently used files (and folders) synced across PCs - i.e. those currently being worked on across PCs. Having to constantly hunt through complex file structures for different files is pretty irritating in this modern world.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add a button to pause the synchronization of particular folders

During the quarantine, I noticed that you needed to access some files but onedrive synchronizes in some unknown order, occupying the precious bandwidth in folders that you did not need at that time, so I suggest that you add a button to pause the synchronization of particular folders and another to prioritize

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add a button to pause the synchronization of particular folders

During the quarantine, I noticed that you needed to access some files but onedrive synchronizes in some unknown order, occupying the precious bandwidth in folders that you did not need at that time, so I suggest that you add a button to pause the synchronization of particular folders and another to prioritize

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An error occurred in the data store????

Ive just tried to share my first folder (im trying one-drive after being a google drive user for many years)

No matter how many times I've tried it, and from either source PC or logging onto the web view area on a different pc when I try and create a link to share (or share via email) I get something went wrong - an error occurred on the data store.

everything is synced up okay (it did take forever though and Ive got a tasty Cable service (400mb)

any ideas?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base