OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UNINISTALL

It's simple....UNINSTALL! This has been a nightmare as every time I unlink this and clear down my files as I don't want them online it just relinks and fills it back up again, filling up by 5gb so I can't work or save any documents. I wish I'd never bought this computer with this on it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. E-mail notification when personal vault is open

Every time the personal vault open in any devices, it sends an e-mail warning notification that the personal vault was open.

Since personal vault has many ways to open it, I think it weakens the security of it, so sending a e-mail notification would enforce it's protection again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Backup Solution for Onedrive Privat

A solution to make a Backup from Ondrive Personal, like Onedrive Business

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop flickering error bar on PowerPoint in OneDrive folder when network unstable

Stop flickering error bar when network unstable.
    'bloking upload' bar bothers power point editing work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create an option to clear duplicates of photos, videos, and files on onedrive.

Create an option to clear duplicates of photos, videos, and files on onedrive

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When we activate "files on demand", the thumbnails of audio and video files simply disappear, showing only the icons. Even leaving on both s

When we activate "files on demand", the thumbnails of audio and video files simply disappear, showing only the icons. Even leaving on both sides: local and cloud. Which is quite strange.
    As a OneDrive subscriber I end up losing this function that is very important to save disk. Something needs to be fixed on OneDrive.
    Disabling "files on demand", thumbnails appear perfectly.
    In theory: it needs urgent correction.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SharePoint Sync Environment Variable

Similar to %OneDrive% and %OneDriveCommercial%, there should be an environment variable to the Org's SharePoint Folder Sync location.

Goal would be to create local shortcuts that refer to local sync'd locations.

My use case would be on my multiple Win10 desktops because each device has the same sync'd SP locations.

Currently I have to use "%userprofile%\OrgName"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop false positive virus detection

OneDrive is notorious for false positive virus detections. There is no appeal. No way to submit a file for review. No way to get around the FALSE detection. Support has been totally unhelpful throughout two years of opened cases as an E3 Enterprise 365 customer. At this point we want OneDrive to provide the ability to 1) disable the false virus detection; 2) provide like EVERY OTHER virus vendor the ability to submit a file for false positive review, and 3) the ability to disable scanning all together.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. No Sync

When I edit any file on windowns, i never can get the same file refreshed on my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Arquivos em Excel

Os os arquivos em excel muito grandes, travam ao usar os mesmos, podem melhorar isso?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Inserting images stored in OneDrive for Business into the Excel application installed from Office 365

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 からインストールした Excel アプリケーションに、OneDrive for Business に保存している画像を挿入する機能
    Inserting images stored in OneDrive for Business into the Excel application installed from Office 365

■Description(内容):
    現時点の Excel アプリケーションでは、「挿入-図-オンライン画像」の機能を利用すると、個人用 OneDrive でのサインアップが必要な状況であり、オンライン画像の引用先として、個人用 OneDrive しか指定できず、OneDrive for Business から画像の引用ができない動作を確認しております。機能の拡充要望として、「オンライン画像」で OneDrive for Business も選択できるような機能の実装を要望します。
    At the current time, in the Excel application, in order to use the “Insert – Pictures– Online pictures” function, you need to be signed in to a personal OneDrive, and when using this you can only specify images in the personal OneDrive, and are unable to use those on OneDrive for Business. Please improve this function so that…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Inserting images stored in OneDrive for Business into the Excel application installed from Office 365

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 からインストールした Excel アプリケーションに、OneDrive for Business に保存している画像を挿入する機能
    Inserting images stored in OneDrive for Business into the Excel application installed from Office 365

■Description(内容):
    現時点の Excel アプリケーションでは、「挿入-図-オンライン画像」の機能を利用すると、個人用 OneDrive でのサインアップが必要な状況であり、オンライン画像の引用先として、個人用 OneDrive しか指定できず、OneDrive for Business から画像の引用ができない動作を確認しております。機能の拡充要望として、「オンライン画像」で OneDrive for Business も選択できるような機能の実装を要望します。
    At the current time, in the Excel application, in order to use the “Insert – Pictures– Online pictures” function, you need to be signed in to a personal OneDrive, and when using this you can only specify images in the personal OneDrive, and are unable to use those on OneDrive for Business. Please improve this function so that…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Account verification when setting 'choose folders' option

I'm working on multiple PCs with different types of work, but my work PC is using the'choose folders' option so I don't want to expose the files on my personal PC.

I'd like to proceed with account verification when I 'choose folders (available on this pc option)' to prevent others from changing options to activate hidden folders.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include "PowerRename" functionality as part of OneDrive install

I think it might be useful to include Microsoft PowerToys' PowerRename as part of the OneDrive install, or it's functionality.

Why?
    - a space takes 3 characters (&20) in SharePoint storage. These extra characters add up across the entire file path and could cause sync issues for the end-user.
    - end-users may have many existing files that may require 'clean up' or conversion to more efficient file naming convention. PowerRename tool permits renaming single or multiple file's space character to a dash (or other acceptable character).

OneDrive could even have a program setting option to:
    - continue using spaces in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG: OneDrive tray icon needs to be improved

White color, no outline, no shadow. Simple path to disaster :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. remove the space from Local path if i used onedrive business version

remove the space from Local path if i used onedrive business version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Choose to ignore folders synchronized to OneDrive

Some folders are placed in OneDrive folders for ease of management, but do not want to synchronize to OneDrive,. You can choose to ignore folders synchronized to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. tôi muốn sao chép drive từ googledrive của mình về oneDrive, bạn có thể giúp tôi k

tôi muốn sao chép drive từ googledrive của mình về oneDrive, bạn có thể giúp tôi k

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. stop certain folders on my computer from syncing to OneDrive and remain only locally on my computer.

I need to stop certain folders on my computer from syncing to OneDrive and remain only locally on my computer.
    The Problem: OneDrive automatically syncs all files/folders saved in "My Documents," which has been working fine for me so far on the "Free" (5 GB Max) version because I only save word documents/excel sheets for work in "My Documents" and save larger files in folders on my computer that are not tied to OneDrive. However, some applications default to saving their enormous program folders in "My Documents" and I've recently run into this issue. Now OneDrive is completely full trying…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base