OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report actual used local disk space with Files on Demand

With Files on Demand activated, and a folder on which I have just done "Free up space", if I right-click-->Properties, the dialog reports the size as if all these files were stored locally. I'd like to see a measurement that reports the actual local disk space used by this Folder (eg something close to zero).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compile for ARM64 PC's please !

I'm using the official Microsoft Surface Pro X and saw that OneDrive is running emulated, consuming more power and being slower than it would be in ARM64 compiled version!
    Please, consider delivering OneDrive for ARM64 windows PC's

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 希望增加onedrive在文件管理器里像C盘D盘E盘一样显示一个onedrive驱动设备或者是盘符出来。

希望增加onedrive在文件管理器里像C盘D盘E盘一样显示一个onedrive驱动设备或者是盘符出来。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Utilidad de Copia de seguridad para distintas unidades.

Buenos días.

Tengo repartidas las carpetas de "Mis documentos", "Mis Imágenes" y "Escritorio" en distintas unidades y la utilidad de Copia de Seguridad por lo visto es incapaz de hacer un copiado si no están todas las carpetas en la misma unidad. Por favor, Microsoft, a ver si pueden solventar esto que al día de hoy somo muchos quienes tenemos repartidos los datos para las distintas unidades que tiene un portátil.

Gracias y un saludo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Synchronisation bestimmen

Synch bestmmen können.
    1. kpl. synch
    .2. Nur hochladen.
    3. Nur runter laden
    für jede Device einzel bestimmbar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow users to define a delay to starting the Onedrive sync process,

Allow users to define an "X" minute delay to Onedrive starting to sync. At the moment Onedrive syncs as soon as Windows starts up, which is the same time that a number of other programs are starting and updating information online

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. incorporate the option to turn off the computer when you are done updating onedrive files

Just as you do when there are pending software updates, it would be great to incorporate the option to turn off the computer when you are done updating onedrive and sharepoint files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow people to go to the cloud, work on and save files on cloud only...forget about syncing...too complicated.

For me, MS seems to place too much emphasis on syncing with Onedrive as if there are tons of people who use their laptops offline. I personally cannot imagine using my laptop offline. I wish MS would just acknowledge that many people never use their devices offline; they are mainly interested in having a secure and easy place to put files in case their device crashes. What I would really like is to go to the cloud, work on my files and just leave them there safely until I need to work on them or see them again. Why can't…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. pin favorite document in quick access

Can we make it easy to add OneDrive favorite document in the Easy Access section in Windows 10 File Explorer ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 你好,我的电脑使用的OneDrive已同步所有的文件至本地,但是却没有办法立刻打开他们,每次点击都要等待很长一段时间。这是以前说没有的。为什么呢?

你好,我的电脑使用的OneDrive已同步所有的文件至本地,但是却没有办法立刻打开他们,每次点击都要等待很长一段时间。这是以前说没有的。为什么呢?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 在pc版操作面板添加“将共享文件夹添加到我的OneDrive”选项

在pc版操作面板添加“将他人共享的文件夹添加到我的OneDrive”选项,在手机端或者网页版可以进行这个操作,但是总是觉得不方便,特别是中国大陆地区web版的OneDrive是无法登录的,这导致每次需要添加别人共享的文件夹都需要到手机端去操作,非常不方便。作为办公主力的PC机上的版本居然不提供这个功能,让人匪夷所思。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable sync by default when on a metered connection

When connecting with mobile, most of us have a limited amount Gb/month. Would be great if sync could be disabled autom when on metered connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about making the basic connection teck function. On my new Thinkpad I have all kinds of cloud- and VPN-connections working for me. The

How about making the basic connection tech run smoothly. We have several devises, the newest less than 4 months, using all kinds of cloud services and VPNs. The only service constantly needing special care and attention is onedrive. Which is why it is not really used for important stuff. Which again makes me some agitated because I pay for through the office 365 fee.
    Now that I'm letting out steam I would also point out that the service 'Your phone' is a complete F-up. But the answer to this would ring like "we are sorry to inform you that this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want a function for the OneDrive for Business sync client to skip files and folders containing invalid characters

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントで無効な文字を含むファイルやフォルダーをスキップする機能
    I want a function for the OneDrive for Business sync client to skip files and folders containing invalid characters

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントで無効な文字を含むファイルやフォルダーをスキップし、エラーを表示せずに有効なファイルやフォルダ―だけ同期する機能の実装を希望します。
    I would like a function for the OneDrive for Business sync client to skip files and folders containing invalid characters and synchronize only valid files and folders without displaying any errors.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Clicking on shortcuts to personal vault items should remind us to unlock the vault not report file doesn't exist

Clicking on a personal vault item in a jump list/shortcut, when the vault is locked, should remind us to unlock the personal vault, not report that the file doesn't exist and offer to delete the shortcut

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base