OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Win10 installed Dropbox, OneDrive synchronization status disappeared!

After Win10 installed Dropbox, OneDrive synchronization status disappeared!

Win10 上 安装了 Dropbox 后,OneDrive 同步状态消失了!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enable device backups like in Windows 8

Really wish you would bring back the ability to backup the PC HDD to OneDrive like did in Windows 8

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. enable device backups like in Windows 8

Really wish you would bring back the ability to backup the PC HDD to OneDrive like did in Windows 8

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. let me know what file is currently syncing.

Currently I have no idea what file is currently being synced. I only know that OneDrive is uploading or downloading, but I don't know what it is downloading or uploading.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent Onedrive from starting automatically when opening Office files stored locally in Onedrive folder

Issue: Opening an Office file stored locally in your Onedrive folder starts Onedrive app automatically

Consequences: This is extremely unfavorable for ppl with limited bandwidth/traffic (e.g. mobile connection).

Solution: Do not decide for users and start Onedrive without user's permission! Onedrive should not start silently and robbing bandwidth. Let the user decide when Onedrive should connect to the internet and upload files.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make OneDrive accessible to Uninstall like any other app/program.

Make OneDrive accessible to Uninstall like any other app/program. The only way I can get this intrusive program out of my face is to disable it in Start Up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add place holders back and fix sync issues

The point of cloud storage is to save space as well as having everything on the go. Requiring files to be stored locally in order to see them from the cloud is absurd. 10 steps backwards from the previous OS.
    Syncing is terrible. Icon always says processing changes. Last straw for me is when I dumped a 15kb spreadsheet in a folder on my PC and it took over an hour to sync up. Yet it kept saying processing changes. This is just terrible. Anymore steps backwards and this thing falls off completely.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a button to restart the sync process. It dies and doesnt restart

There is no button to restart to sync. I have errors and the messages dont tell me anything useful. SO what do I do?? Need to kill and restart the sync process. Dont hide it. Have it easy to find.
    Really need a dashboard

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add a sync now option to windows 10 onedrive

When I added folders to one computer and then turned on the other computer I had to wait for a time before they appeared on onedrive. I wanted to be able to tell onedrive to syn now but there was no option, I just had to wait.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make it easy to use

Look at how it worked in 8.1! Easy to turn on and off. The new, "improved" version is a nightmare. USELESS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. App in Windows 10

Android has it, iOS has it, W10 does not.

I have big problems accessing my files at OneDrive from my tablets at the moment, yes, Photos solves some of the problem but not all.

What about shared files (Photos can't access that)?
    What about other files that I really can't sync to my devices as real files (using the new OneDrive Desktop sync)?

At all my non-windows devices I can use the app, with my windows tablets I have to use the web browser! Really?

Either release an app to access my files or placesholders as in Windows 8.1

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. traduire

bonjour !
    Pour quelles raisons Windows imposent ses textes en anglais Ne sommes-nous pas assez à parler français pour que l'on s'occupe de nous ?
    Merci

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. i hope onedrive would be able to synchronize "desktop"

since all my working papers, words and pdf and things like that, are directly placed on my desktop, it would be more convenient if onedrive would be able to synchronize the desktop. So everytime I renewal the contents, i need not to put them into a specific folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. more information on tooltip

It's better to show more information at the icon tooptips, what file is uploading? how long time still need to finish the sync?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. remove it

make it removable

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We want that Onedrive can be stored in SD card,just like win8.1.You know that most of the Tablet have no enough storage.

We want that Onedrive can be stored in SD card,just like win8.1.You know that most of the Tablet have no enough storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add a button to sync manually

I uploaded a file from my phone, but I can't see it on my Win10 desktop because it hasn't synced yet, and there's no obvious button to manually sync the drive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. let me pause syncing

let me pause syncing

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base