OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. let me keep my 15gb! Today was the first I've heard about this and I'm most definitely ******. I will leave all MS services if this changes.

I just found out about this today and I have been a loyal user since the service began. I am really ****** off and you will absolutely lose me if this changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screenshot

Implement in onedrive opportunity to reset the counter numbering of screenshots to be able to reset the counter to take a screenshot, or directly through the pre-installed applications in Windows 10 or through an account but that would be in both cases, the system windows 10 completely resets the counter to zero created screenshots

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. notifications

on desktop onedrive can you add notifications for when a file is added or updated in a shared folder, like how dropbox does? thanks!

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please stop onedrive from spamming me with requests to login .... I have uninstalled it only to have it reappear on my pc ... it's annoying!

stop the forced install and login requests from onedrive I have software I already use and despit uninstalling one drive it keeps coming back and requesting me to login every couple hours ... enough is enough already

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ずっと思っていたが、なぜファイルやフォルダを指定(右クリック等)して同期をすぐに実行できないのだろうか?

ずっと思っていたが、なぜファイルやフォルダを指定(右クリック等)して同期をすぐに実行できないのだろうか?急いでいる時に同期が終わるのを待っていられないのは私だけ?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Modify OneDrive Windows10 version logic

I upload 700G photo to onedrive from my PC and dis-sync specific folder from Surface.
    but Surface will 'process syncing' when power on every time.
    is it coz process sync list every file ?
    We already choose don't sync specific folder which include 700g new photo , should don't effect program performance too much.
    if I am right , should move folder to 1st level check and break if match !
    please help , thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to Suspend Uploads for a Period of Time to Assist with Poor Internet Speeds

Here in Australia, we have horrible internet speeds. It would be great to be able to suspend uploads for an hour, a day or indefinitely because ADSL speeds just don't allow us to do many things at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SYnc speed need to get improved. Doesn't make sense wait for days for syn 55GB

I used to have Google drive, and because I bought a Surface Pro4 , I decide to keep all my files together in One Drive, but the syncing process is very slow. Gentlemen, I don't have to spend such time waiting for syncing. I am in the run every day and thing need to be where I need it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some files are too big to upload

I am using Windows 10 with the built-in Onedrive client, and I've just started encountering this warning:
    Some files are too big to upload
    Make sure files are 2.0 GB or less in size before you upload them.
    I have a paid Onedrive consumer account. I used to be able to upload files up to 10 GB in size. That was already too small, but 2 GB is unusable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TO FIX THE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH WINDOWS APP!!!

TO FIX THE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH WINDOWS APP!!! Synchronization with online portal of OneDrive works fine and it syncs a pictures taken be my Lumia after few seconds only, but Windows folder syncs after hours!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use symbolic links to syncronize folders

To sync folders that are outside of OneDrive home folder should be nice to create a symbolic link/aliases for the desired folder.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Suddenly my location of files is changed to drive C

I deleted some files, suddenly the connection is broken. The One drive tried without asking to Put the files on drive C Which is my system drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notify when two or more users are working in the same document at the same time

Need to be advised when I'm working on a document that is in a shared folder and it's being used by another user at the same time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. offer a ******* stop sync now or pause downloading/uploading because your hogging all of the **** up/download stream

every time i now start windows 10 the entire network with all devices non windows stop or slow down , you fuccking idiots really , no wonder everyone is finding way to stop windows 10 from contstantly phoing home . wasted 1500, 00 on new laptop , same crawling system . ,its 2016 . oh and thanks again for banning my account from rewards program

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send Favorites To Onedrive from Internet Explorer, Update Favorites From Onedrive for Internet Explorer

Hi -

1.Send Current Favorites To Onedrive from Internet Explorer.

When browsing at home using Internet Explorer - researching work solutions for the next working week. I press the send favorites to OneDrive account button from Internet Explorer or equivalent.

2.Update Favorites From Onedrive account for Internet Explorer or equivalent.

When I get to work - From Internet Explorer at my work desktop pc. I press the Retrieve favorites from Onedrive account button - and my favorites are added for the new working week and are available at work.

Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to suggest my idea. …

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive ne fonctionne plus depuis la 1511 et cela remet en cause la suite sur 365

Veullez réparer en URGENCE OneDrive pour qu'il fonctionne sur le disque D:

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pricing and Sharing

Recently, I had to purchase extra storage on Google Drive. I would have liked to use Onedrive, but there was no adequate sharing options. With Google Drive, I can share a folder and the person I share it with can actually download the folder onto their computer. With OneDrive they must access the folder via web. That's very restrictive, especially with photos. Also, Google Drive offers 100 gb of storage for $1.99, while OneDrive only offers 50.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base