OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow for you to choose sync now

Instead of waiting for onedrive to check allow a force sync now option

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Possibly add the option to hide the icon in the task bar.

Many programs use this ability without exiting, would be nice to see with this too. Other than that, I use OneDrive all the time, would say access it across two Android devices, and PC at least 10 times a day without issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add context menu to onedrive folder "Forget all about this file here and download it right now instead"

It happens very often that the sync doesn't work.
    More control would save my precious time.
    I've already lost one hour bypassing onedrive sync to get the right file from OneDrive back into the onedriver sync Folder on the pc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. List name of synced files

I wish it was created a list with name and timedate for the last synced files by clicking on taskbar icon (like DropBox).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 10 is a product of high quality. However, I'd like to help with my suggestions. Rafael Aguilar

Windows 10 is a product of high quality. However, I'd like to help with my suggestions.

I don't speak a word of English, I'm Spanish Castilla and the Castilians bothers us having to learn English (do not take it wrong, please). The case is for example:

With OneDrive, you have a serious problem with the translation to the Spanish. The product is very good, however to not be fully translated into the Spanish of Spain, you are wasting large market posed by persons aged 45 years or more, these people are not willing to learn English. I have sensed that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. limit to file size

Having a higher limit to file size 2 gig is very small

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. include syschronise over lans for one drive.

It is taking terribly long to download a 16GB of data over the web especially when my location having a slow internet speed. I am using several PC at the same time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. provide an easy way to completely eliminate OneDrive from a computer. I have absolutely no interest in ever using it.

Provide an easy way to completely remove OneDrive from a computer, in instances where a user has no desire to use it EVER!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Raccolta foto

Utilizzando Raccolta Foto connesso all'account sarebbe utile poter scambiare le informazioni in OneDrive come i tag.

Sarebbe utile poter visualizzare e scambiare anche tutti i file di OneDrive condivisi da altri con i relativi tag.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One Drive needs to be an option not a requirement

One Drive is probably great for some people. I am not one of them. I view my personal computer as just that: Personal. I don't store things on the cloud. I have my own back ups. The last thing I ever need is for my information to be floating out in cyber-land.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive Brandwitch

able to control the bandwidth throughput allowed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Molesta demasiado

OneDrive debería molestar mucho menos al usuario, al modo de Dropbox, que uno no se entera que está en ejecución.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give us back the onedrive app

Explorer in tablet mode is simply not usable. It is not even known reconfigure records has synchronize, let's get out of the Tablet mode, photos seem to have disappeared from the photos application if it is offline, it loses sight of the extent of the files in the cloud if i do not synchronize everything. It was so much better before

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The OneDrive app in my wondows 7 have stopped after update. Please solve!

The OneDrive app in my wondows 7 have stopped after update. Please solve!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 恢復"僅線上存取"及"OneDrive App"

希望能恢復僅線上存取功能及OneDrive App
    因為不是每個人的硬碟都有1TB
    而我又是Office365的用戶
    剛好最近才剛升級到Windows10
    這個功能就不見了!
    盡速改善

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Error !

Very bad ! Không giống như trên Windows 8 & 8.1. Bị lỗi là khởi động lại ngay và không lưu công việc trước đó. Tệp tin lặp đi lặp lại rất khó chịu !

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow to move the OneDrive Folder to a SD Card in Windows 10.

The most of the Windows tablets doesn't have enough internal storage for the OneDrive folder!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow all Ondrive folders to appear in File explorer whether or not it is synced to the local drive

If people find it confusing, you could color code the file names... different colors for ones that are local versus ones that are in the cloud. Alternatively, you could make the Onedrive file tree such that local files are shown in the 'local' tree while cloud files are located under the "cloud' tree. Whatever...just please bring back explorer viewing of both files.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base