OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ich möchte mich anmelden

Bei OneDrive ich möchte mich anmelden aber es geht nicht

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One drive for windows 10 should LIST all files .

when I installed windows 10 insider preview I noticed that One drive doesn't LIST all uploaded folder/files but only those which I selected for offline downloading.
    In comparison One drive for windows 8.1 was quite polished.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow OneDrive on a disk with the ExFAT file system

The restrictions on allowed file systems makes a Mac/PC dual boot virtually impossible.

Windows forces the use of the NTFS file system, which doesn't play nicely with OS X. It's possible to redirect the Mac app to use the NTFS file system, but it never actually syncs.

The only universally supported file system between both operating systems is ExFAT. Dropbox works wherever you place it. Please remove this restriction.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Estaría bueno que en la misma aplicación se nos informe sobre la capacidad de nuestra cuenta, sin tener que acceder a la web.

Hoy en día, para saber la capacidad total o restante de nuestra cuenta, hay que acceder desde la web, ya que el software no tiene un lugar donde nos informe.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 我重装系统之后,为什么一定要重新同步一次呢,明明已经同步过了,你非要把我原来的删除了再同步下来,这不是浪费我的网速吗!!!

我重装系统之后,为什么一定要重新同步一次呢,明明已经同步过了,你非要把我原来的删除了再同步下来,这不是浪费我的网速吗!!!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can't I share music?

music sharing for purchaced songs from google, apple between an Apple iPod touch, Samsung Galaxy 4, iPhone 6 on the icloud?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow One-Way files/folders in OneDrive, so I don't have to download on all machines

I want to be able to upload folders / files without having to download them on all machines. For example, it would be nice to upload documents to Photos from clients but only sync them all down on my main box.

I could also upload logs for problems to a "problems" folder and then delete them from a client box.

I could find pictures for my parents and copy to a shared folder, but I don't need the duplicates on my local box, just on the cloud share for them.

I used to solve this problem by just keeping the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create prioritization for files/folders.

Allow for users to set a prioritization of particular folders so to allow them to sync before everything else. Would be invaluable when using another device to have the files you set as high priority to download/upload before everything else.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a setting that allows users to turn off the dialog box/prompt when you exit the OneDrive client in Windows 7

I manually start/exit OneDrive as needed on my Windows 7 computers and so I would like your team to add a setting in the client that would allow users to turn off the message that appears when you exit the client. See the attached file for a copy of the message that Windows 7 users see when they exit OneDrive. By default, the client can have this warning message enabled and users can uncheck/disable it as they see fit.

By the default, the client can ship with the setting enabled and users can disable the warning if See the attached…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please do not reset folders selected for synchronization after each update of OneDrive

I suddenly recognized that there was a silent update of OneDrive. As a result, OneDrive forgot all folders selected for synchronization and started to synchronize the whole content from cloud to my PC. I did not expect to get everything but only I selected for synchronization.

Please do your best to remember folders selected for synchronization and do not reset the list after each update of OneDrive

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One drive on Win 7 have online only for files

Why does the win 8.1 Onedrive app have online only for files and win 7 Onedrive does not. What up???????????? The whole purpose of online storage is not having it on a local system????? Stupid!!!!! Does anybody have a work around for this mistake????? Hope you fixed this in Win 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive app for windows 8.1 error: "Sorry, There was a problem. Please try again later."

When I try to lock my lock screen, and I want to browse a photo from my OneDrive, but it just show the error text said that "Sorry, There was a problem. Please try again later.". And also I try open the OneDrive app and Photo app, both app also showing exactly the same error...but I it still works fine for the desktop version. After tried all kind fixes, nothing changed. So I decided to reset to the windows 8, and update to the windows 8.1 again. Once I updated to 8.1, the OneDrive is working fine again, but I…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. To enable folders from different hard drives.

If you have more than one hard drive in your system. I'd like to option to add that folder to the sync process instead of coping it over to the OneDrive folder. That way, every added file to that folder on separate hard drive will be synced.

1,037 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 应当设置打开密码

应当设置打开密码

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have OneDrive in Windows 10 work the way it does in WIndows 8.1!

OneDrive as it exists in the Tech Preview of Windows 10 is a dramatic step backwards in terms of usability. No longer can I choose where OneDrive is located - in Windows 8.1, I can set OneDrive to be on an external drive, freeing up local hard drive space and allowing me to have more folders available offline. Now I am limited to my laptop's small hard drive, meaning I can only sync very little from my OneDrive.

I also cannot understand why the ability to see all of OneDrive in File Explorer is gone. It is currently so easy…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Folder Name

I would like to be able to change the name of the OneDrive folder, so it isn't forced to be "OneDrive".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back the "Make available online only" and still show content locally (like in Windows 8.1)

Bring back the "Make available online only" option, while still showing content locally (like in Windows 8.1)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix sync issues on Windows 8.1

The OneDrive sync is very slow and not reliable on Winows 8.1. Sometimes it's going to "Checking for changes" and stuck in that position about 3-4 hours. Please fix it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base