OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just make it work - first glitch I've Had with upgrade to Ten

One drive is locked in a for ever processing changes state. All I had was one picture to sinc nothing complicated

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offline/Online Only option in OneDrive file explorer

Return the option to mark files individually in Onedrive as offline or online only in Windows 10. Great feature available in 8.1 but now absent in 10.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return option to "Sync Now" aka manual sync.

This will be a godsend for those who have flaky internet connection that causes auto sync to fail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How to change the location of onedrive files?

I DO NOT want to store all the onedrive files in partition C. I want to put them in partition D. However, I cannot find an option to change the location of the files after they're all synced and stored in partition C. How to move onedrive files to another location on the disk?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows 10 OneDrive: When sync error encountered, provide hyperlink to file that is in question.

One drive indicates a sync error. Upon investigating, it indicated 2 files will not sync. However... it just presents the name. If I hover, on name it will present the path for approx 2 seconds (then disappears). Since the path is 3 lines of single spaced text.. I can't remember it all in 2 secs. So, it required me to navigate in File Explorer window while repetitively ":hovering" on the path to eventually find the problem file. Painful. Please enable "hyperlink": functionality to get me to the file folder quickly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. windows media player minimized in the task line

maybe i'm missing the wrong terms but i will try my best.
    i would love to have the media player back in the taskline after minimizing its window as seen long time ago in windwos xp.
    the possibility to change tracks or the volume in a second was - in my opinion - a brilliant and easy solution.
    lust but no least: would be great to have it in a cool and modern transparent look like the pop up for the volume.

thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please give us the ability to see our OneDrive files again without syncing

Windows 10 has been really good so far except for the change to OneDrive. Not only did you take away the ability to see our files in Windows Explorer, you took away the app that lets us browse them. Please provide an intuitive way for us to use the many gigabytes of files that we don't have space to sync to our devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync for OneDrive

With Windows 8.1 was possible view all the folders in your OneDrive and then you could download it. Now with Windows 10 isn't the same. You have to download ALL the entire OneDrive folder and it isn't good, I have a SSD and I cannot put all my OneDrive. I want to put only the things i need. I hope you'll fix this problem

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. onedrive is inactive - i cannot do anything with it. the menues are inactive

onedrive is inactive - i cannot do anything with it. the menues are inactive

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive App wieder einführen!

Bitte führt die OneDrive App Ansicht unter Windows 10 wieder ein, so wie es unter Windows 8 möglich war. Lasst die Nutzern doch selbst entscheiden ob sie die Explorer oder die App Variante nutzen möchten, dies ging unter Windows 8 doch auch!
    Für Geräte wie das Surface ist die App Ansicht deutlich angenehmer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Wieder auswählen können ob Datein nur Online oder auch Offline zur Verfügung gestellt bekommt.

Unter Windows 8 war es möglich in OneDrive Dateien hochzuladen, diese waren dann auf dem jeweiligen PC automatisch offline verfügbar. Dateien die von anderen Quellen hochgeladen wurden, waren nur online verfügbar, es sei den man hat die Datei oder den übergeordneten Ordner als Offline markiert.
    Bitte führt diese Möglichkeit wieder ein, da ich meine Eigenen Dateien wie Bilder, Musik, Dokumente, etc. von meinem PC immer in OneDrive speichere. Ich will jedoch nicht das meine ganzen Dateien die ich z.B. von anderen Geräten hochlade immer auf meinen PC runtergeladen werden.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I upgraded windows 10 pro last night, there comes a problem with my onedrive and onenote 2013 desktop. error 0xE020045

I upgraded windows 10 pro last night, there comes a problem with my onedrive and onenote 2013 desktop. error 0xE020045

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Não consigo acesso ao onedrive offline para win10

ñ consigo acesso as minha pasta sem ter que baixar todo o conteudo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm using the desktop app of Windows 10. ,, From pc synchronization C: it is forced to select only . ,, With a request that they be able to

I'm using the desktop app of Windows 10. ,, From pc synchronization C: it is forced to select only . ,, With a request that they be able to change the synchronization path .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a sync refresh button

There is a new word file in my one drive that I want synced to my computer, but it's been 31min now and one drive still thinks it's up to date. I would like to be able to manually refresh my sync

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to get spell check function in Outlook (preview)?

How to get spell check function in Outlook (preview)? Add spell check function in Outlook with reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The changes made to OneDrive integration in Windows 10 are horrible.

This has really damaged my ability to use OneDrive. I now can only access my files through the terrible website, or I have to download and store numerous Gigabytes of data on my Surface that I did not have to store locally before. This is really, really bad, and may make me stop using OneDrive altogether in favor of some other cloud service. Not only is the File Explorer integration gone, the "Metro" app is gone too.

I can't believe this was done, and I see from searching that it has been a subject of user outcry since Beta. Seriously,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let me uninstal it

It pisses me off i don't have an option to uninstal the parts of windows which i don't want to use

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. don't down all files,only the index files, please!!!!

don't down all files,only the index files, please!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base