OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow word documents which contain a table of contents to be auto saved

One drive won’t autosave documents with ActiveX controls, including those which gave a standard table of contents within them. As this is an inbuilt Word feature, why not make it possible to autosave such documents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Desculpem, sou leigo em computador. Minha máquina tem HD. não preciso de armazenar arquivos, pois toda vez que o computador esta sobrecarreg

Desculpem, sou leigo em computador. Minha máquina tem HD. não preciso de armazenar arquivos, pois toda vez que o computador esta sobrecarregado eu deleto, para que fique mais leve. Toda vez ficam me cobrando para fazer uma assinatura para pagar, sou aposentado a grana é curta e não tenho como. espero que entendam minhas necessidades. o computador para mim é mais uma pura distração melhores informações liguem 81.99159.2000 Antônio

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Personal Vault

I'm trying to disable my Personal Vault and so far the instructions have not worked i.e.
    In OneDrive select settings, settings:
    update your profile, install software and connect to the cloud > options, then select Personal Vault from the left navigation. Select the Disable PV slider to disable PV.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable Personal Vault

I'm trying to disable my Personal Vault and so far the instructions have not worked i.e.
    In OneDrive select settings, settings:
    update your profile, install software and connect to the cloud > options, then select Personal Vault from the left navigation. Select the Disable PV slider to disable PV.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Boa tarde! quero pedir o cancelamento de qualquer adesão a esse produto, se adquiri algum produto foi por engano. Obrigado!

venho cordialmente solicitar o cancelamento de qualquer adesão minha a esse produto Microsoft, no momento não tenho interesse. Obrigado!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. geteilt Bereich OneDrive

Freigegebener Ordner wird im anderen OneDrive nicht angezeigt wenn auf geteilter Bereich in OneDrive gegangen wird.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One Drive sync client support for differential sync for office files stored in SPO (having managed metadata columns)

Based on my recent discussion with MS escalation team, currently OneDrive sync client doesn't support differential sync for office files (not even in their roadmap yet). The situation gets worse if we have files stored in a SPO library with managed metadata columns.

Backend SPO docparser is triggered everytime for property promotion/demotion when below file events occur:
    1.) A file is uploaded to a document library.
    2.) The fields of a list item that is associated with a file are modified.
    3.) The Properties property of an SPFile object is updated programmatically.
    4.) A file is downloaded for the first…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To prevent syncing to the wrong account, Add account mail/photo to the OneDrive sync

After signing out from my personal OneDrive & signing in to my 1 Tera work account, I started syncing files to OneDrive.

Anyway, the files were synced to my low-quota personal account.

To prevent this from happening to anyone else, make the name / photo of the account the files being synced to available at the OneDrive sync app (the one at the taskbar next to the sound & WiFi buttons)

As you see, the account is not identifiable from here.
    Please make it identifiable & save our time & data.

Best regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to be able to email a document directly to a OneDrive folder. Each folder has a unique address.

I want to be able to email a document directly to a OneDrive folder. Each folder should have a unique address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Honestly, this product sucks. Constantly saving files to the 'cloud' just to turn around and tell me I am running out of space. When in real

Honestly, this product sucks. Constantly saving files to the 'cloud' just to turn around and tell me I am running out of space. When in reality, its saving a bunch of files I'll never need again. I went to clear out the oneDrive 'cloud' and it ended taking everything I DID care about off of my ******* desktop. 0/10 no thanks, disabled for good.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I feel the way one note was presented when I came to find it so bloody stupid saving works with "ducumet 1 etc and with little advise on wha

Stick it where it will not be annoying, in the trash, I absolutely hate it as I am on a major project with a wee structured file system and come across this smart **** Onedrive, no Choice so stick it, I hate it,with a passion. coupled with MS poor assistance it makes it worse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Arquivos corrompidos

Mudei do Google drive para o one drive, porém vários dos meus arquivos estão se apresentando corrompidos... A maioria do trabalho o que está me gerando dores de cabeça...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a means to see which folders take up space

I sync a huge sharepoint library which I sync, and there are a bunch of folders I need to keep available locally. This takes up a lot of space and our main disks are low volume SSDs nowadays (300GB here). Managing short available space has become a challenge. I don't have an easy way to find which folders are taking up most space because the size displayed is the size on the server, not the size of the locally kept files. The actual used space isn't properly picked up by disk usage analysers either. Some sor of disk usage analysis…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add all library folders to redirection policy

The policy named "Silently move Windows known folders to OneDrive has redirection options only for "Desktop", "Documents" and "Pictures". Please add the rest of the folders as options in this policy:
    3D Objects, Downloads, Music, Videos.
    We are building manual processes to redirect these folders, since they are not present in the policy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fast onedrive image browsing and search

Waiting forever to show search results or when just browsing photos. On android it doesn't even give all results.
    Compared to like google drive its !#^$#$&U!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delete OneDrive Trash Software

Love how you l can log into OneDrive and it proceeds to start moving and deleting all my files without permission. On my work laptop. I'm amazed this is software made by a real human being.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make OneDrive 64-bit for Business 365.

There are so many sync/lag issues for the 32 bit version..especially now in this remote work environment, we are demanding files faster, but the onedrive seems to be giving sync issues sometimes, need to pause and unpause it to recognize the file, it's just slow in the sync process. Takes more than a few mins for it to be seen on another computer. Constant arrows twirling. The arrows of doom.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive - view only (no download or edit) share link should be for all file types (not just MS files)

Right now, view only (no download or edit) share link is available for microsoft files only like word or excel. That is very limited and really dysfunctional. This same feature should be available for any file type you upload ot one drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base