OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want a function for the OneDrive for Business sync client to skip files and folders containing invalid characters

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントで無効な文字を含むファイルやフォルダーをスキップする機能
    I want a function for the OneDrive for Business sync client to skip files and folders containing invalid characters

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントで無効な文字を含むファイルやフォルダーをスキップし、エラーを表示せずに有効なファイルやフォルダ―だけ同期する機能の実装を希望します。
    I would like a function for the OneDrive for Business sync client to skip files and folders containing invalid characters and synchronize only valid files and folders without displaying any errors.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clicking on shortcuts to personal vault items should remind us to unlock the vault not report file doesn't exist

Clicking on a personal vault item in a jump list/shortcut, when the vault is locked, should remind us to unlock the personal vault, not report that the file doesn't exist and offer to delete the shortcut

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ชอบเอาข้อมูลเก่ามาทับของใหม่ บางครั้งไม่เก็บไฟล์ให้ค่ะ

เวลาใช้ Excel ข้อมูล ชอบไม่เซฟให้ในครั้งถัดไป หรือเอาข้อมูลไปเก็บในเครื่องที่ไม่ใช่วันไดร้ฟ์ก็บ่อยค่ะ หาไม่เจอหลายครั้งมากค่ะ หลายครั้งข้อมูลเก่าทับของใหม่เสียเวลาทำงานซ้ำมาก บางทีโหลดเข้าไปเก็บในไฟล์ก็ไม่เก็บให้จริง เดือดร้อนที่ต้องทำงานซ้ำซ้อนมากๆหน่วยงานที่ดูแลตรงนี้ในประเทศไทยก็ไม่มีค่ะ ผิดหวังจริงๆไม่ได้คิดว่าจะแย่ขนาดนี้ค่ะ หลายปีแล้วยังไม่มีการปรับปรุงเลยค่ะ

ผิดพลาดตลอดจริงๆค่ะ  ใครก็ได้ ใครก็ได้ถ้ามีวิธีแก้ไขช่วยบอกจะเป็นพระคุณมากค่ะ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. No puedo acceder a mi almacén personal pese a tener un código de seguridad, ya llevo 3 días así y no tengo solución

No puedo acceder a mi almacén personal en mi PC pese a tener un código de seguridad. E intentado varias veces y nada

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make possible to disable delete synchronisation between devices and drive.

I got recently a second computer for little outdoor work. But when I conected to my account it began to download everything I have on my other computer. So I deleted it, and now it's trying to delete it on my other computer and from the drive too. I Don't want to ! I just don't want them on my new laptop.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. questions

I click the "Sign in to get the most out of Office" in the top right and a box opens with a background image of some town or city but the is no place to enter login details (see screenshot below).

I can sign in to my account on the web and have One Drive sync working OK on the PC.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Local links converted to external links to OneDrive version of workbook containing the links.

Workbook links to data in worksheets within that same workbook have been redirected to the OneDrive version of itself. This was applied at Excel's initiative, not as a result of user's changes. Version is Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Excel. "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" under File collaboration in OneDrive is unchecked.

I suggest removing this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Silently Ignore prohibited file types from sync, rather than prevent the sync and notify the user

Currently, files like thumbs.db and desktop.ini are blocked from syncing to OneDrive. Additionally, the OneDrive client will just completely stop the sync for a whole folder when it encounters one of these files, and presents the user with a red X over the folder name. This is very bad behavior.

The sync should just silently ignore these prohibited file types, and continue to sync the rest of the folder they're in. The user should not be notified of this at all.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For synced files stored on my device, don't make them READ ONLY files! I can't print my photos.

I synced almost everything on my computer. All documents AND Photos are kept on my device, with an annoying problem: THEY'RE ALL READ ONLY. i CAN EDIT DOCUMENTS WITH OFFICE APPS BOTH ONLINE AND WITH MY DESKTOP APPS. PHOTOS CANNOT BE EDITED THEN PRINTED. I KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE IN FILE EXPLORER, "your picture cannot be printed because this error occured."

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Option to Unlock Personal Vault on PC and on line simultaneously when unlocked from PC

Right now unlocking both on line and PC Personal Vault goes in 2 separate unlock-sessions.

Suggestion: when unlocking Personal Vault from PC, add an -option- to also unlock on line Personal Vault at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Añadir opción de SINCRONIZAR INMEDIATAMENTE

Debería añadirse la opción de SINCRONIZAR INMEDIATAMENTE el archivo o carpeta que se acaba de modificar, de manera que fuese prioritaria a otras sincronizaciones y pudiese estar disponible de forma inmediata la última versión en todos los dispositivos/ usuarios

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 为电脑版OneDrive个人保管库添加Windows Hello指纹解锁

使用验证器登录有些浪费时间且不便,指纹登陆已经可以验证是本人登录OneDrive了,并且指纹解锁个人保管库这个功能手机版早已支持,希望在Windows版本中加入。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Eliminate 1 Terabyte Limit to Microsoft 365 Business Premium, E3 License Subscribers

I recently discovered that Microsoft now only offers 1 terabyte limit to Business Premium and E3 License subscribers unless one buys five or more licenses.
    This is so lame, unnecessary, unwelcome, and is not competitive with Google's G-Suite and other offerings provide. Please eliminate the One Terabyte restriction.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive .webm thumbnails

When using Files On-Demand, the windows explorer wont generate thumbnails for .webm files (the rest works fine). Is there a chance we could see this added/fixed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. so windows put my documents folder in one drive but i want to keep things in my documents that i dont want copied to one drive.

So windows goes and puts my documents folder in onedrive and now I want to store files there that i do NOT want to copy to one drive. Why cant i just tell one drive not to copy a folder to the cloud. Either fix one drive or fix windows this is a BUG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop Sharing Link through System rather than Web Browser

Files/Folders on system can be shared via OneDrive software on the PC by creating a shareable link. This option is available on my system via a right-click.
    However, when we have to stop sharing the link, we need to access OneDrive via Web Browser. 
    It would be great if we can add the option for stop sharing/deleting the shared link directly from the system without going to the Browser.
    I am aware of setting an expiration date on shareable links. However, this would help in the links which are already shared without expiration dates but are no longer required to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base