OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Onedrive Account Support

I am able to see multiple OneDrive icons (blue) in SystemTray one for each of my paid office 365 accounts. Whereas when I tried to add my personal onedrive account (White) only one is being allowed. When I add a second OneDrive (Personal) it asks me to unlink the one added and add. This is unacceptable. OneDrive should allow multiple Personal accounts as well to be added in the app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Close all instances (sessions) of OneDrive at once

Sometimes, I want to close all running OneDrive processes.
    Instead of going through each OneDrive icon of my taskbar, I want to close all of them at once in the pop-up that appears when I click on any of them.

The Google Backup and Sync Windows application has this 'Close All' action to terminate all active sessions. It would be nice to have it in OneDrive too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search for words/ phrases contained within documents as well as the names of documents

This is possible to do on the online version but not in the desktop version.
    Also I wish when I search for a word or phrase there could be a way to view where that word/phrase is in a document without me having to open it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SPEED PROFILE

Often i set speed limit to 1kb for uploading download,because we usally like to save file immidately , so i set speed for 1 kb ,so that only latest file could get upload in case i change it again after opening, Now somtimes when things are browser related i need again immidate speed to upload download button , either it would be greet to have diffrent speed profile near pause sync button, or just a bbutton for no network limit until on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Combine ONE DRIVE and MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP

I am thinking, if I am able to see (from One Drive) shared PC's (all shared files, i.e. applications) why shouldn't be able to use this option in my advantage; I want to say why shouldn't I be able to use an application just click on it like I am using it Microsoft Remote Desktop from One Drive.
    This "shared PC" option should let me "work" with files of any kind
    I am connecting to One Drive, I go to Shared PC's, and from there - if it is possible - to use applications, or edit files, or so.
    Should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. detect and remove duplicate files and pictures

An app that would detect and allow removal of files or pictures that get uploaded more than once, or a pop up window warning that the file already exists giving an option to proceed your not

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Error Code 0x8031b003

I'm stuck, can't unlock Personal Vault. The newest version of Windows 10, I'm not an insider. As far as I can see, I'm not the only one, a lot of people around have the same problem. Do something, please!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive backups for system with 3 drives

I have 3 drives on my development & gaming PC. For the third drive I renamed it’s Document folder FDocument to attempt to get it to be backed up. It seems to work. This problem can be solved by your team by adding an additional layer of nodes between PC at the apex and each drives backup folders. In my case the new layer would have three nodes representing each drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pause Option

Please Add Pause Option for each single Sync file so we can upload the file first we need first so other files can upload later

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Demasiados problemas de crasheo y cierre automatico del explorador de Windows

Que quiten opciones que se superponen o que la app en automático detecte posibles errores de la configuración personalizada

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. windows event log

As an admin in an enterprise, I would like to see problems before my users report them. If OneDrive sync errors can be written to the Windows Event Log, or some other central logging solution, I can use WEC to collect the events and alert on them before the user notices the problem. If a file fails to sync and the user switches devices, we get angry calls that we want to avoid.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OneDrive should give an option to synchronize with real files downloaded to my desktop

OneDrive is much faster than Google Cloud but now I know the reason is that OneDrive gives me only a link to the file in the Cloud but not the real file. Therefore, I cannot work offline even if I have finished synchronization in the office. I don't have internet access at home and so I cannot work when I am back home. So I am shifting to Google Cloud which gives me real files. I think OneDrive should give user an option to download real files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 你好 我OneNote同步到onedrive里了 为什么在onedrive里找不到

你好 我OneNote同步到onedrive里了 为什么在onedrive里找不到

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Permissions needs work

OneDrive needs to be made much more like Dropbox, which is hands-down the ONLY file syncing app I like using and actually trust with my files. The problem with OneDrive now when saving files to Windows is by the way OneDrive changes permissions on all files. This makes me really scared that my files are going to become locked and I will lose them for good. This has already almost happened on my PCs when I have tried saving all files to the computer.... OneDrive updates permissions to some weird funky permissions setting that if you disconnect your OneDrive account…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable sync client to allow user decide when to sync and sync frequency

Every time when I start my Surface Pro6, OneDrive start sync immediately, Take up too much memory and consumption seriously affects battery life. I hope that you can enable sync client to allow users to decide when to sync and sync frequency.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. McAfee Encryption Will Affect Onedrive Sync

Most companies implement their security encryption software to prevent copying into portable drive and I noticed that it will affect one drive. The software i encountered is Mcafee, which will encrypt whatever files that are copied out but at times, we do received encrypted files from others and we do not check each and every files of it. So we simply dump into one drive. Upon data migration into another laptop, the new laptop will not be able to sync all the files from one drive and will keep looping. This is due to encrypted files are converted into .frpenc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base