OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Big changes needed for onedrive for business

1) improve the feedback of what onedrive is currently doing. At the moment you can see its processing files but what file or folder? I have thousands and it keeps counting up to 8000 and then starts over again, no errors no problem reported just doesn't tell you whats going on.
    2) I think the whole syncing sharepoint document libraries to onedrive for business is a huge joke right now. This whole situation has wreaked me in front of a client which needs to access files online but it wont upload.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about making the OneDrive icon on the Taskbar being more prominent? Right now it is gray instead of being prominent like iCloud.

I kept overlooking it sitting right next to the battery, wifi icons. As a new user with a new computer, I need all the help I can get with these gadgets that will be part of our lives for the foreseeable future.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow our microsoft reward points to be used to upgrade storage of onedrive.

I can safely say i will not use my points on xbox or even starbuck rewards so why not be able to use them on something i would use,then they would at least feel like a reward.Even if you only allowed it to go towards the feature clipped version it would still seem like enough of a perk?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Persönlicher Tresor sollte bei der Synchronisation bevorzugt werden

Das der persönliche Tresor nur für die eingestellte Zeit geöffnet ist sollte der Persönlicher Tresor bei der Synchronisation bevorzugt werden, damit die Datein innerhalb der Öffnungszeit synchronisiert werden, bevor der Tresor wieder schließt, auch wenn eine Vielzahl von Dateien in der Warteschlange stehen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Syncing issue

Hi i just want that when i shut down the laptop tha syncing of data stopped working on what should i need to do for re-syncing the folders but those folders and data are not visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acceso desde el escritorio de Windows

Se dificulta acceder a la aplicación desde el PC, siempre debo hacerlo en línea. Es suma veo colplicado trabajar en ella

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. automatic backup

All my document files automatic backup, and create a new copy files, and name it after "copy"! Now, my computer have so many cope files and make the whole thing a mess!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. tengo problemas con mi cuenta, no logro conectarme desde la anterior semana. y solo me muestra el siguiente mensaje: 503 SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

tengo problemas con mi cuenta, no logro conectarme desde la anterior semana. y solo me muestra el siguiente mensaje: 503 SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Specify device for priority syncing

OneDrive should have a priority folder, probably giving the user the option to set on a specific device to which every other device will sync. This may eliminate the problem where you are syncing between two or more devices and you delete a file on one device but where the file exist on one another device which is not connected at the time it does not get deleted. When it does get connected, it is seen as a new file and uploads and suns to the other device and appears as the file you specifically deleted.

At least that is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change the colour of folders or just customise folders.

Ability to change the colour of folders or just customise folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One Drive Needs Security via 2FA Authenticator App before logging in on Windows 10 Pro

Add 2FA via Authenticator App Random #'s, before allowing backups on One Drive when logging in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Non funziona la sincronizzazione tra i vari dispositivi... C'è un abisso tra onenote ed evernote

Boh, cercate di migliorare, perchè così com'è la versione per desktop è inusabile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Permission to Upload to cloud

Please allow Users to have a list of files that they can then proceed to authorize to be sent to the OneDrive, as is my Desktop if full of trash, I don't need all the trash in the cloud, I want the cloud to contain the things that are valuable enough to have stored in the cloud. Instead of making folders be instantly saved in the cloud, allow users to opt-in to having certain locations saved into the OneDrive or to opt into saving the entire computer on the OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In case of promotional (OneDrive) the amount and time limit should be emphasized and recipient be notified at list one month before expirati

In case of promotional (OneDrive) the amount and time limit should be emphasized and recipient be notified at least one month before expiration
    time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable syncing from not just the C Drive, but external hard drives.

My title says it all. Syncing from external hard drives to OneDrive should be no monumental feat.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it easier to unsync multiple sharepoint sites

I am a consultant and we use onedrive to sync project files located on SharePoint sites. Personally, at any given time I may have 40-50 sharepoint sites synced to my onedrive. Some of my projects start and end in a matter of a week or two so I am routinely syncing new sharepoint folders and often have to unsync them to declutter my folders. This is where the frustration is, right now, I have to go to settings and it opens up all th elocations that are syncing and I have to click "stop sync". Then the box dissappears and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Configurable option to delete files from disk when folders are nolonger synced

Particularly when syncing sharepoint libraries, when a folder is unsynced, their should be an configurable option, with admin override/enforcement to ensure that those files are also deleted from disk.

Firstly, this is because the user may no longer be allowed to access that data.

Secondly, as it stands now, if a folder is unsynced, and then synced again in the future, then any files that were deleted from the server in the interim, but which are still on the client, get re-uploaded as new files!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. error message... onedrive was not executed in your PC? synchro was very ppor between my PC... ideas!?

j ai un message ''ASSUREZ_VOUS que onedrive est en cours d'execution sur votre pc et reessayer''

ce message apparait et disparait pas pratique pour le travail... et les mises a jour synchronisation entre mes appareil est nulle depuis un bout de temps...

les fichiers restent sur l ordi ne se rendent pas sur le cloud et inversement ?

merci

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base