OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. need a refresh button

then my pc goes to sleep and wake up it can connect again
    so i need a refresh button under the (onedrive is up to date) instate of using the pause syncing and enable again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to prioritise the files being synced by OneDrive, see which files are being synced in a list

Users have no control over the sync process. I'd like to be able to set the priority, deselect some files from syncing (e.g. very large files so I could set them to run overnight) and see which files are being synced in a list, so that if there is an issue I can see what it is. Right now due to an upgrade error Windows is trying to sync 155GB of files, and I can't even see what they are until each file start to sync

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give your helpdesk team the ability to remote control customer computers to deal with problems

Instead of only allowing us to access the help team via email and then only have live chat (which is slow because they work with several people at once, and you can't explain your issue on the phone, so there are lots of misunderstandings) allow the OneDrive help team to remote control customer computers, just like the Windows and Surface teams

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic pause sync while gaming option

Some games require files to be stored in Documents and some people prefer to have their Documents folder in OneDrive, which can cause conflicts. Unless I'm mistaking; most gaming environments, won't need OneDrive operating in the back ground, so an auto pause feature under such specific circumstances seems like a feature that should already complement the way Windows 10 is designed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To allow users to insert OneDrive Business pictures within Powerpoint not OneDrive Personal.

Our staff can sign into their OneDrive Business account within Powerpoint (desktop version) to open powerpoints but are unable to use the button within powerpoint Insert > "Online Pictures" (within the ribbon) to insert a picture from their OneDrive Business account. It only allows OneDrive Personal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according

It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according to our need . Currently if we pause it paused all files .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make OneDrive an opt-in feature of Windows, not the default

Discovered the presence of OneDrive after I bought a new PC from Dell. I didn't understand what it was doing at first, nor its purpose. After I figured it out, I wanted to remove it, as I do not use a smartphone, and even if I did, would never use it to edit documents or manage photos. Even with the help of a service technician, It took me a couple hours to figure out how to get rid of it. After first uninstalling, had to re-install, upload and re-sync everything, then unlink, delete all the files from OneDrive, and finally,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make OneDrive an opt-in feature of Windows, not the default

Discovered the presence of OneDrive after I bought a new PC from Dell. I didn't understand what it was doing at first, nor its purpose. After I figured it out, I wanted to remove it, as I do not use a smartphone, and even if I did, would never use it to edit documents or manage photos. Even with the help of a service technician, It took me a couple hours to figure out how to get rid of it. After first uninstalling, had to re-install, upload and re-sync everything, then unlink, delete all the files from OneDrive, and finally,…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. choose folder to backup

Going to be blunt here, can you guys introduce option to select any folders user want to backup to OneDrive (instead of just 3 Documents, Desktop & Pictures folders) if not introduce "Backup entire PC" to OneDrive??? Like what Google is doing with its Backup and Sync app?

I have 1TB for OneDrive however it lacks the option to backup my entire PC. My personal files are separate from the normal User folder as it is located in D: drive instead of C:\User\xxxx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When am uploading a file or scanned from iPhone it should allow me to name it before uploading it to OneDrive folder

When am uploading a document/or scanned picture/doc from iPhone it should allow me to name it before uploading it to OneDrive folder - it will make it easier than having to go and find it in onedrive in order to name it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Connected Services in Outlook to be disabled.

We have found intermittent contact search issues, using the 'Search People' section under in the To-Do pane in Outlook. This is due to the Connected Services under Office Account, e.g. SharePoint/OneDrive. Sometimes a search will display the local Outlook contact. Sometimes it will show a contact from SharePoint (with limited information). The flexibility to disable Connected Services in Outlook, or prioritise local Outlook contacts, would be appreciated by some users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Block files by file header and not (only) by file extension

We have files that we don't want to sync (for example .vhd files). Usually .vhd files are virtual disk images and very large in size. But we have also other software using the same file extension (.vhd) for small code files (only few kilobyte). We would like to request that OneDrive is looking "into" the file headers to decide if a file will be synced or not. For Microsoft-Own files, I think that should be possible. So we could say: .vhd is generally allowed, but it is blocked if it is used as a virtual disk image file. Same for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photo albums in OneDrive are not automatically updated when I add new pictures to the onedrive folders

When I add new photos to the folders that I created my Albums from, the OneDrive albums are not automatically updated.
    so for example 1 month ago I put all my photos to one folder on my OneDrive account and then used OneDrive app to create a photo album from that folder.
    now I added some more photos to that folder but my OneDrive album doesn't see them, and also the Windows 10 photos app doesn't see them because albums created in OneDrive also appear in the Photos app and that's where I see my photos and interact with them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Choose to display overlay icon after sync

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期のオーバーレイアイコンについて
    Choose to display overlay icon after sync

■Description(内容):
    同期中のファイルに表示されるオーバーレイ アイコンを、同期完了後は表示するか非表示にするか選択できるようにして欲しい。
    また、機能については簡単な操作で実施できるようにして欲しい。
    Please make it so that we can choose to display the overlay icon or not after sync.
    And it will be great if this can be done using simple operations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to exclude files from Windows 10 storage senser

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Windows 10 のストレージ センサー機能にて、特定のファイルをオンライン専用にするファイルから除外する機能について
    I want to exclude files from Windows 10 storage senser

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business ではショートカット アイコンの拡張子である ".lnk" ファイルは、OneDrive for Business でサポートされていないことと、Windows 10 のストレージ センサー機能を利用してオンライン専用状態となった場合に、PC 端末を再起動するとアイコンが消えることを確認しております。
    そのため、特定の拡張子のファイルのみ指定して Windows 10 のストレージ センサー機能から除外できる機能の実装をお願いします。​
    ".Ink" shortcut icon files are not supported in OneDrive for Business, and if the Windows 10 storage senser is used to get online, those shortcut icons will disappear once the PC terminal is restarted.
    Thus please implement a feature where file extensions can be chosen and excluded from the Windows 10 storage senser feature.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tamanho do nome... Não sincroniza...

Vários arquivos não sincronizaram e acho que é por causa do "tamanho do nome" do arquivo. Sou leigo e não sei se tem como corrigir isso, mas não vou perder meu tempo renomeando os arquivos. Além disso, estou sentindo falta de alguns arquivos que simplesmente sumiram da pasta do OneDrive do Desktop. Não sei o que houve. Muito decepcionado.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. make it word, one note etc free. please like google makes docs and slides free

i would like them free why dont i just buy a chrome book and enjoy free slides docs etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ask if the user wants to add a personal or work/school account

In my eyes more a bug report than a feature request. I have a personal and a work account both with an active OneDrive. Both accounts share the same email address. That's not a problem in any other Microsoft service because they are all asking "is this a personal or a work/school account".
    In OneDrive the developers forgot to add that question so I could sync only the work account. If I try to add the personal account the client says "you are already syncing this account". That's not true, I'm syncing another account with the same mail address :-) …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. stop tracking installed application access for use on my computer

if i install an application, i don't need onedrive to tell me that i don't or may not be authorized to use it. if i was able to install it i would be able to use it. why is onedrive concerned with syncing an installed application/program?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base