OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow us to pick the files to put on hold from the sync to allow other files to sync.

Give us more control.
    Right now you backup our backup,
    This doubles our storage and our upload/download cost.
    I turn off one drive due to you double dipping and my upload costs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Este mugre programa me borró todos mis documentos de la escuela sólo porque no estaban en la nube. Pésimo servicio.

Como no quise sincronizar mi carpeta de documentos, la omití del OneDrive, y todos los archivos que no guardé en OneDrive los borró DE MI EQUIPO!! QUÉ CLASE DE BASURA ES ESTA, se supone que ayuda a guardar información en la Nube, no debería en ningún momento eliminar archivos de MI EQUIPO.
    Basura de programa. Y caro aparte. Luego por qué la gente usa Dropbox en lugar de su estiércol digital.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set default sharing method

This suggestion is valid for OneDrive for Business on all platforms:
    99.9% of the time, I share links to files to people with existing access. it's highly teadious that the sharing dialog always defaults to "People you specify". Beeing able to have "People with existing access" as default (personal setting would be good) would save would save lots of repeating clicks everyday.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide option to backup files periodically

Allow periodic files backup similar to a hard drive where files can be recovered from when required.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Onedrive For Linux SubSystem on windows

As of linux is a part of windows now please add an option to sync linux home folder, so that developers can sync their works on ondrive through onedrive for pc, it will be easy for onedrive developers to bring an option as of linux is now situated in windows file explorer,

it will be easy for linux developers to sync their work on drive

thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. search sync

Hi,

Missing a search or filter funktion in the OneDrive SyncClient.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Web link (URL)

Suggested: A means to hold web links (URLs) in OneDrive folders such that these, when clicked, open in a web browser.

This mechanism did once exist as .url items created on the desktop as a shortcut and then dropped into OneDrive which when clicked opened in the browser. Clicking these web link items now in OneDrive no longer results in the link Web page being opened in a browser.

The only work-around to this is to create a web links document within a folder which has to be opened to present the links. This technique is very cumbersome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open with options for PDF files.

We need the option to open a PDF with a different program. We need to be able to manipulate PDF files (combining files, Extracting pages, adding text, or editing text.) I would love to be able to do this through the browser, but that does seem complicated. So a simple solutions would be to add an Open with option. This would help make OneDrive more usable. Syncing files to my desktop does work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Performance and other small issues

1: You can't get a proper preview of Illustrator and Photoshop files, it only shows a very small image, and sometimes only half the document.

2: Sync is sometimes very slow

3: We have found that files were synchronized, but when they are opened on another computer, the files are not properly synchronized even if the synchronization time matched.

4: One drive is not 100% supported on MAC, so you can't see which files are synced until you force a startup of Finder on MAC.

5: We have found that OneDrive sometimes completely unmotivated synchronizes all files in OneDrive. And…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Onedrive signin issues after VPN is conected

Onedrive fails to signin when VPN is connection is established. Upon PC startup, onedrive comesup first and will be trying to signin. I use Cisco Anyconnect for VPN. When I establish VPN connection, I see that onedrive is still trying to signin, but fails after sometime.

I have to close and restart onedrive after VPN is connected every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Trash everything about OneDrive including user reqs, UI design, tech specs, code base, etc. Hire new people (age 30+). Start over clean.

As far as I can tell, none of MS's "help" docs and annoying videos tell you WHAT OneDrive actually is, only about how wonderful it will be and all the cool benefits it delivers. Setting it up is painful (I've worked in IT for 20+ years all the way from DOS days so I know a little about it). User guides are nearly useless. Get it wrong and it overwrites your latest version on your local PC with whatever it thinks is better on OneDrive. If you don't have infinite bandwidth, it's a huge resource hog (we rustics out here…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Uploading file by file

Explanation: Say you have 10 files of 1GB each and you OneDrive have uploaded 200MB of each file (total 2GB) before you shutdown. Next time you have to upload all files from zero as none of the file uploaded. As per my suggestion, we could have two files (total 2GB) upload if uploading one by one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prioritize new directory creation to avoid "Upload Blocked" error

When I create a new directory on my local copy of OneDrive and copy an "auto-save" file to it, when I open in an MS Office application, I frequently receive the message "Upload Blocked". It seems that the creation of the directory has not completed/sync'd to the server, causing me to need to wait for an undetermined amount of time before being able to edit my new file. Please address this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive - erweiterte Sync

Mir fehlt die Möglichkeit, spezielle Dateien aus dem System zu sichern, wie VbaProject.otm oder myplaces.kml. Also das Sichern von Dateien, die sich nicht in sicher Häfen verschieben lassen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve Backup Help

I don't use OneDrive's Backup, because Backup seems to duplicate the basic functionality of OneDrive. It's unclear how "Backup" is DIFFERENT from OneDrive. It's unclear if Backup offers ADDITIONAL 5GB, over and above OneDrive 5GB, or if it's the SAME 5GB.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/back-up-your-documents-pictures-and-desktop-folders-with-onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057

Your Backup forum linked from Help Doc is shutdown. Why? That make this problem worse.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2011459

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reiter "Geteilte Dokumente" in der Windows-App

In der One-Drive App (Taskleiste) einen Reiter für "Geteilte Dokumente" analog zur Webseite erstellen, sodass man die Link-geteilten Dateien, die andere Personen geschickt haben, jederzeit schnell aufrufen kann, ohne über den Browser ausweichen zu müssen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base