OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive Folder Name Customize without (forced) Organization name only

The new "Next Gen" OneDrive forces users to use the Organization's name as part of the the OneDrive Folder Name - e.g. 'OneDrive - OrgName' that is not convenient, especially as the name can take up unwanted characters usage from the total file-name size.

Ideas:
    1) Ideal: Allow us to use any name per device - as it was before
    2) Less Ideal: Allow us to create an Alias name for the organization for OneDrive - not to mix with Company's Alias.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off synchronisation

Synchronisation must be disabled for a longer time, not just 24h. When working remote on a mobile data volume, synchronisation must be off. It can suck the volume empty in no time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. don´t spontaneously delete local files nor corrupt then

some file just disappeared from local disk and after recovered via web interface some of then was corrupted

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow deletion of access history in the Windows desktop icon UI

Why?
    - Imagine your boss comes over and you don't want her to see that you've just edited your CV in Word.
    - Remove entries for deleted files
    - Just because,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it would be nice if i could email a file without having to wait till it completely finishes syncing with one drive

every time i save a file and try to mail it off one drive slows this down by forcing me to wait till it syncs fully. This can be annoyingly long for larger files. And I then have to pause the sync. Would be good if MS can make it do both : be able to edit files/mail them while simultaneously syncing.

no brainer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the OneDrive window to stay open

Allow the OneDrive window to stay open when clicked so that the status can be viewed easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Que el escritorio del usuario/a pueda estar realmente dentro de la carpeta del OneDrive aunque se muestra de forma idéntica al actual,

En muchos escritorios encontramos documentos o carpetas para trabajar ficheros de forma temporal o fija. Estaría bien que el usuario pudiera indicar que el escritorio que se muestra guarda los ficheros que allí se establecen en OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive: Setting for max file size to sync

Working from home now, OneDrive tries to sync older, off-line .pst files which are huge. I have a metered networks which is also low bandwidth. I'd like the option to turn off sync'ing of very large files and then turn it on when I get back into the office and am on a high bandwidth non-metered network.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to create a link that can be used for all users’ OneDrive sync folders

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    全ユーザーがOneDriveの同期フォルダに対応できるリンクを作成したい
    I want to create a link that can be used for all users’ OneDrive sync folders

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online 上にあるオブジェクトが挿入されているオンライン上では開けないファイルを含め、ファイルを全社統一でデスクトップアプリで開くようアクセスするために、エクスプローラー上から OneDrive 同期フォルダーにアクセスできる全ユーザーが対応可能なリンクを作成できる機能の実装を要望します。

In order for all users in the company to be able to access all objects inserted into files on SharePoint Online, including those which cannot be opened online, via the desktop app, please make it possible to create a link usable by all users to access a OneDrive shared folder from Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically save screenshot to OneDrive for business

Hi,

Understand that save screenshot to OneDrive is currently not available in OneDrive for Business. I would love to see this function being implemented in OneDrive for Business.

Best Regards,
    Kai Ying

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow more folders to sync/backup automaticly

Allow more than Documents and Pictures folder to backup automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. One Drive should give option to select folders to sync during setup

One Drive should give option to select share point folders to sync during one drive setup instead of after setup and once sync starts some times it doest allow to select folder wise with error message .

It forcefully selects all folders then putting unnecessary load on server.

You need to seriously work on it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide improved notice of sync status re: search function fails

Provide improved notice of sync status re: search function fails

More specifically, notify user when incomplete or broken sync is preventing search from finding searched-for terms

Specifically, give Status/Notice of CACHE/INDEXING Sync Discrepancies That Cause OneNote Search to Miss Recently Entered Items

Full Explanation:
    1.) Difference From Previous Ideas
    2.) Affected Version
    3.) Feature Request vs Bug Fix
    4.) User Story
    5.) Definition of Terms
    6.) Issue
    7.) Insufficiency of Current Workaround
    8.) Detailed Feature Request

1.) Difference From Previous Ideas:
    While there are previous ideas regarding sync, sync status, and cache, none of them relate to a failed search…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customize email to managers of terminated employees

Please make it possible for admins to customize the email to managers. The out of the box email contains spelling errors and is very spammy/phishy feeling.

I can't believe this isn't an option in this world of cyber attacks!

I want the ability to brand the email so it matches (at least as closely as possible) our corporate standards.

I want to be able to format the text so it is easily readable, conforms to our style standards and basically looks professional.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to turn off all onedrive use

I try to save files to my desktop and they default to the onedrive desktop and then after 10 days if I need to recover an autosave file I have to log back in and go through the hoops on a microsoft account I never use. I reset the default save location but the "desktop" suggestion for save location is still onedrive desktop.

I know there are solutions for this but Onedrive is so intrusive and confusing to troubleshoot that I want to switch to open office because of this, and I am an experienced user. There is also proprietary…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base