OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. disbale personal vault.

There is this new 'feature' but I cannot delete it or disable it in the client. I did not sign up for it and it certainly was not requested. Intrusive ... but impossible to remove from the client!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand the existing option to choose which folders to sync

Expand the existing option to choose which folders to sync with a configuration option to make any new folders off the root sync too. At the moment if you choose to not do a full sync (I do this so my _Backup directory is not synced) everytime I add a new root directory it is not automatically synced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buy RMIT University degree online, buy fake diploma in Australian

Where To Buy RMIT Certificate? Buy a fake diploma online. buy a fake degree, buy a fake diploma, buy fake certificate online, how to buy an RMIT degree, where to buy RMIT diploma, obtain fake RMIT certificate. purchase fake RMIT degree. how to get a fake degree in Australia. RMIT University (officially the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, informally RMIT) is an Australian public research university in Melbourne, Victoria.

Founded by Francis Ormond in 1887, RMIT began as a night school offering classes in art, science, and technology, in response to the industrial revolution in Australia. It was a private…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Buy a degree, buy college diplomas, order a fake GED, a fake certificate and more!

www.getdegree18.com is your source for fake degrees, fake diplomas, fake high school diplomas, fake certificates, fake transcripts, fake GED's and more! We do not make life experience degrees, and we are not a diploma mill. We make realistic diplomas that look real, offer many college diplomas for sale, fake online degrees as well as fake online schools and fake transcripts online. All of our novelty degrees, college diplomas and transcripts, international college diplomas, fake certificates and fake transcripts can be ordered right on our fake diploma secure website. For the most authentic and reliable college diplomas online, you've come to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlight text

This 'idea' is really not unique to Onedrive but is pervasive throughout Microsoft. I submit that no screen should be rendered such that it is impossible to click/highlight text in order to copy/paste into a subsequent message, text, email, document, ...

Over and over and over - I have the need to discuss what I am viewing on my screen. EXACTLY what I am viewing on my screen. The easy way to do that is to highlight it, copy it, and paste it into whatever discussion I am having. The hard way is to get a split screen (so I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unshare multiple

I have a few hundreds folders and files shared over time, I want to remove the share from them. There are no easy way to select multiple shared items and unshare them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us more control!

I believe the one thing that makes me detest Windows more than anything is that the developers treat end users like little children. I logged in to my OneDrive online yesterday. Little did I know that OneDrive started up on my Desktop and began sending all of my files up to OneDrive! ASK ME IF THAT'S WHAT I WANT INSTEAD OF JUST DOING IT! I finally figured out how to turn off OneDrive on my Desktop. Then I had to go to OneDrive online and delete all my files it had sent up WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! I then tried to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More metadata for Files On Demand placeholders

Files On-Demand doesn't sync a bunch of different metadata like tags and datetaken for photos. This means that if you needed to find all photos with no date taken metadata for example you have to download everything, do the search and then free up space.

It would be great if we could sync more metadata for the placeholders. The best scenario would be to just sync all metadata so there's no difference in what we can search for and change with placeholders. If that's not possible either adding common tags for things like photos, music, and documents would be good.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive downloads the whole file when we try to check file properties

This is a problem of OneDrive in Windows 10.

So for example I have a 2GB file on my OneDrive storage that I want to check the properties of.
    I right-click and select properties. then OneDrive keeps me waiting because on the taskbar it shows that it's actually downloading the whole file, just to show me its properties. so OneDrive can't only get the metadata but it needs to acquire the whole file to show me its properties.

This needs to change because it's just waste of Internet bandwidth and is bad for productivity.

I have Office 365 Business premium…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive downloads the whole file when we try to check file properties

This is a problem of OneDrive in Windows 10.

So for example I have a 2GB file on my OneDrive storage that I want to check the properties of.
    I right-click and select properties. then OneDrive keeps me waiting because on the taskbar it shows that it's actually downloading the whole file, just to show me its properties. so OneDrive can't only get the metadata but it needs to acquire the whole file to show me its properties.

This needs to change because it's just waste of Internet bandwidth and is bad for productivity.

I have Office 365 Business premium…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow moving shared folders

After using the web interface to "Add to my OneDrive" a folder that was shared with me, I would like to move it to a non-root location within my OneDrive. The root directory becomes very cluttered otherwise. This should work in a similar way to the existing functionality in Dropbox.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Solution for "You may be experiencing a temporary sync delay due to high service activity"

Please provide information about what the user or IT team can do to address high service activity.

The preference is to never have this block in our workflow. When it happens, it's not known how we can take action to mitigate it.

You may be experiencing a temporary sync delay due to high service activity

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. personal vault

vault is not so secure, when i'm on my windows desktop all I need do is ask for a unlock code to my email on same pc to get into vault???
    anyone who got into my pc could then do this to open the vault???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On the one drive client any possibility to display various file types on files on demand for differentiating locally available

Instead of reminding users what each icon means any other better way to display them ?may be show additional column value ?or hover over shows more information?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make recent download/upload files draggable without opening containing folders

Allow dragging or opening of files directly from the one drive download upload list without having to open or search the folder.

I often upload pictures from my phone to add to emails on my desktop. It would be nice if we could simply drag and drop like normal files from the one drive download, upload list.

A similar and more direct solution that solves the same problem is to add any one drive recently downloaded files to the Attach File > Recent Items list in Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow OneNote access from Personal Vault

Personal Vault is an excellent innovation. However, it's only really useful for images as Office etc files cannot be opened into their respective clients.

Many of us keep large amounts of sensitive information in OneNote and there is a compelling need to be able to access a secure OneNote from within the Personal vault, especially on mobile devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base