OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. don't let iTunes Library files block Syncing

My music files in iTunes are set to sync to OneDrive. Also in the iTunes music folder, however, are the iTunes Library files which run whenever iTunes is running. This means Syncing stops every time it reaches those Library files, which is all the time, until I turn off iTunes, and sometimes even until I restart. Let the Syncing carry on around such files, and have a setting that they will Sync when they are not in use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bandwidth limit according to schedule

OneDrive client already has a bandwidth limiter, the request is to link a schedule to it, in other words have times when the limit applies (i.e. office hours) and times when it doesn't (i.e. between 1am and 5am). But make it customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One Drive Teacher access to students

Currently in our environment Teachers are able to access students network drives through shares. This is so they can pull out work a student hasn't submitted, make sure they are on task etc. There is a way for IT admins to view one drive folders but this creates a link for the IT admin, you then need to go into the sharepoint site to add user/groups to the the folder. Obviously this becomes a big task to do over 1000 accounts. Is there a better way to do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Let us control what we want synced and not synced so my desktop folders don't auto fill my storage.

There should be an easy option when I right-click a folder or item and just be able to tell it not to sync. I want a folder on my desktop, however it takes up quite a bit of space so there is a red X next to everything in the folder. It is an incredible nuisance. I also can not delete it from OneDrive because then it deletes the folder from my desktop with everything in it. An absolute incredible nuisance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Progress바를 통한 통신 상태 확인

대량의 데이터를 업로드 하거나 다운로드할 때 상태를 확인할 수 있는 Progress 바가 있어서 업로드 혹은 다운로드 상태를 알 수 있도록 해주셨으면 합니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ファイルオンデマンドで保持するファイルの条件を設定する

ファイルオンデマンドと全て同期する設定の中間の設定です。
    ファイルオンデマンドではPC上で保持するファイルは個別に設定するしかないと思いますが、例えば
    ○○MB以上のファイルは全てPC上で保持する
    等の設定が有ればモバイル用途でデータ通信の負担を軽減できると思います。
    ただし、ストレージを使用することになります。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Thumbnails are not displayed depending on the file extension for both Mac and PC

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で同期時、ファイルの拡張子によってサムネイルが表示されない
    Thumbnails are not displayed depending on the file extension for both Mac and PC

■Description(内容):
    Mac PC で同期時、ファイルの拡張子によってサムネイルが表示されない
    m4v,wmv は表示されるが、mp4,mov は表示されない。
    再生はできるため、PC では対応しているので、同期フォルダーからも mp4,mov のサムネイルが表示されるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。
    Thumbnails are not displayed depending on the file extension for both Mac and PC.
    m4v and wmv files are displayed but mp4 and mov files are not displayed.
    As the files can be played, the files are supported on the PC, so we hope that the feature can be improved to mp4 and mov thumbnails can be displayed from the sync folders.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better Syncing Control & Flexability

I am a developer, I get SOOOO many Windows Alerts and 'You need permission' or 'Can't access' messages because some folders are in a perpetual 'sync pending' status. Specifically bin/ folders or lib/ folders like in node_modules that prevent ANYTHING FROM HAPPENING. It's aggrevating. It's 2020, we pay for this service and don't have options that support our respective needs. Just please give us options to exclude subfolders all together from being indexed/synced to the cloud, or let us use patterns of file types or folders with specific properties. I love OneDrive, it's ALMOST perfect, but it's really frustrating to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a scroll bar to bottom of OneDrive page for use when running another app side by side.

When running OneDrive side-by-side with another app, for example, File Manager, the options listed on the left of the OneDrive 'My Files' page, for example 'Recycling Bin' get cut off. You have to resize the page to full view in order to access the list of options. Could you add a scroll bar at the bottom so you can scroll side to side in order to see the entire page without having to resize it? I'm assuming the list on the left side of the page is still there and has been cut off as the window resized itself.

I'm…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have the option of disabling ransomware detection for a specific (encrypted) folder

While ransomware protection is a great thing to have, uploading a folder that only has encrypted folders/files inside it trips this ransomware detection. So far, after uploading that folder, I've already gotten 3 separate "suspected ransomware" notifications in regards to files from that folder.
    One way it to protect against it accidentally being turned off could be something similar to how an anti-virus is set up - when it detects something wrong, it prompts the user for an action, one of which is to ignore that file/folder and exclude it from further checks. That way, the option to disable ransomware…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove or make optional the up to 8 hour sync delay for specified sharepoint sites via GPO

We have a an environment where hot seating (or hot desk) is the normal (like most other academic environments).

Please can you remove the "feature" 8 hour sync delay with SharePoint libraries and instead replace it with an optional delay (or no delay). We desperately need to move to storing files on O365 but can't until there is a reasonable way of syncing SharePoint libraries using centrally managed policy.

For context our school day is not even 8 hours and the chances of anyone logging into the same PC twice is slim at best.

I realise that files would not…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to choose the backup folder

An option to select which folders will be backed up in Windows, because it is currently possible to backup the desktop, documents and images completely, this way folders created by games and folders created by applications, which could be only local are saved in OneDrive, taking up unnecessary space.
    We currently have the option to save all or nothing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unsharing shared files function

You need to simplify the unsharing of shared files function a lot easier. Its the hidden away in the browser interface and takes way too many clicks to get there. I'd suggest an 'unshare' option in the desktop app content menu 'Share' option

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change reporting in network speed settings

It might be helpful to change the reporting speed of the network settings when limiting the upload and download data rate. I have very limited bandwidth with my ISP and if I don't limit it, it bogs down my entire network. I tried setting this and it didn't seem to make any difference, then I noticed that Onedrive shows the data rate in MB (bytes) whereas Task Manager reports in Mb (bits). I have spent a great deal of time trying to figure out why the settings weren't making any noticeable difference, until I noticed this. I think it would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Select folders to backup

It really baffels me that the Desktop application up until now has no Option to select individual Folders for the backup. Being limited to 3 Folders, Desktop Photos and Documents is just, sorry, stupid. What exactly am I supposed to do eventually with my 1 TB storage on One Drive.

It's a very critical Point that makes me considering not to subscribe to Office 365, because the product is badly designed.

Google Backup is doing this since they release their backup and synch Option. Microsoft you can do better than that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Not able to choose the files & folders to be sync

Slecting & deseclecting the files & folders to be synchronised is very difficult. Repeatedly getting errors while trying to deselect folders which are getting synchronised. Required the process to be easier & simpler.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Failed hard drive

So, to start off, I've lost everything. Every single file is gone. Music and 3D modelling projects, hundreds of game files, and much more l could really use. Now, I have a new ssd, with nothing on it, hoping onedrive would've have saved at least the stuff on my desktop. But nope. It saved a couple folders. Thats it. So, now that I've basically put my trust into one drive it has cost me alot of my sentimental files and things on my old hard drive. I may get the data recovered, but I still blame one drive for only…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. dwg versioning

Add support for versioning for dwg files. These are a globally used design file type.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base