OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Read only file property is ignored

If a file is in the onedrive folder and you set it to read only, that property is overridden. You can change that file from onedrive web.

SUGGESTION
    Shouldn't read only property in windows and protected document talk to each other? and have similar behaviours?
    Protections should show somehow on both sides.
    May be three states: open, protected, pure readonly

eg, if unprotecting ask if you want to work in a copy, or force to work in a copy.
    Some kind of protection should be in place for other types of files. Because read only would be overridden as well,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. concept is wrong

Because our network is not great Office 365 is hated here. Surely posting to the cloud should be in the background mirror of the local drive. The whole concept of 365 is wrong

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the "Saved Games" folder to the backup options

While we already have a options to backup/sync our Desktop, Documents and Pictures folders, still a lot of games place their savegames into the "Saved Games" folder under our userprofile. These get lost when the system crashes. Can you please add the Saved Games folder in the same way the other three are backed up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive Shouldn't delete the files on my computer, ever

My OneDrive was full, so I unchecked the Sync with lots of my folders. After unchecking the Sync, I deleted the files in One Drive. Even though they were unsynced, OneDrive deleted all the same files on my own computer. It shouldn't do that. It should just do one way backups from the computer to the cloud.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rename the "OneDrive" utility to something all-encompassing that makes more sense

Pretend you have to deal with end-users for a moment:

User: "My OneDrive is my personal files right? When I go into OneDrive settings, why do I see my SharePoint sites that I've synced? I thought OneDrive was private. Can other people see my OneDrive files?"

Me: "Yes, your OneDrive is your own private file store. However, the OneDrive utility also is responsible for synchronizing other libraries that other users also have access to. The two are not connected, and people can't see your personal files. Your OneDrive is your OneDrive but "OneDrive" also handles SharePoint file sync."

For the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Backup directory (like c:\USers\MyUSEr\) WITHOUT subdirectories.

I'm trying to backup my files that were saved in my user account directly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How about having it work properly. It doesn't sync with phone and desktop equally and I am not able to pull up files from the other.

Have it work as advertised. I can never seem to find the files from my phone on my desktop or on my desktop from my phone without having to do a manual sync and/or pull up from the app as opposed to the hard drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. where I can se if my computer is interchanging the folders with OneDrive?

Why 500 votes? All customers are important, where is your power?
    I do not understand to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow autosave, backup and syncing from any local folder

There needs to be an option to select any folder on a user's system for backup and sync.

One major limitations that caused me to use Google Drive over OneDrive and all its useful features is it inability to sync to any other folder excepts its own. The way a user decides to organize their files and folders should be their choice. Currently, onedrive dictates how you will organize your PC if you chose to use it's autosave and sync functions.

The user is confined to the bounds of one ondrive folder and its subfolders. This often becomes an organizational…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow search of activity log to find past (accidental) deletions

I want to be able to search the activity log to find if I accidentally deleted, for example, an entire directory, so I can recover it from my backup. That search should allow me to look, in this case, only for deletions - over, say, a period of the past 3 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Apagar com mais facilidade uma captura de tela

Olá! Gostaria que vocês deixassem a forma de apagar uma captura de tela mais fácil, eu queria muito apagar alguns prints que eu fiz pelo computador e quando eu vou na galeria do mesmo e apago, a imagem fica preta com a "nuvenzinha" do OneDrive e aparece uma mensagem que eu estou impossibilitada de apagar aquele print, que eu estou offline que é para eu conectar meu OneDrive, que o arquivo não pode ser aberto, sendo que meu OneDrive está atualizado e sempre conectado, afinal, é quase impossivel realizar ações no notebook sem Wifi. Fico muito incomodada de deixar coisas…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 我在手机上已经安装了OneDrive,Windows上能不能不要再推送了呀

我在手机上已经安装了OneDrive,Windows上能不能不要再推送了呀

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please RETAIN Folder modification dates when syncing to a new device!

Great job on the desktop app - it works well and synchronizes file modification dates.

HOWEVER, this does not extend to the folders! PLEASE extend this capability so the folder creation / modification dates are preserved as well. This is INCREDIBLY helpful when sorting folders.

The only workaround is cut/paste or using Robocopy to copy the timestamps - but this isn't a real viable solution if no longer have access to the original files (broken hard drive, etc).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Find photos by date

You already show photos taken on this date with the "show memories from this date" option...this needs to be an option to choose a date then show all the picture taken on that date, 1 yr ago, 2 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, etc. Just like the memory feature but on demand. You only get one chance to look at picture grouped by day...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Picture optimization options and settings.

Folder settings on one drive that auto resizes anything that goes into that folder that way pictures can be auto optimized to a smaller size.
    Some folders I want high quality pictures and some I don't. We also need access to a tool like on MS office that lets you compress pictures one at a time or multiple pictures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create or make available a batch file that can be run in situations where the sync client’s syncing is taking longer than expected

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントアプリにて同期が遅延している場合に実行可能なバッチコマンドの作成、提供を希望します。
    Create or make available a batch file that can be run in situations where the sync client’s syncing is taking longer than expected

■Description(内容):
    例えば、複数のユーザーで OneDrive for Business 同期遅延が発生した場合などクライアントから同期の一時停止を行うが、周知や操作に項数がかかる。
    業務への影響発生を回避するためにも、「 OneDrive For Business の雲アイコン の右クリック ⇒ 同期の一時停止 (2時間などを選択) ⇒ 『ファイルは現在同期されていません。ここをタップまたはクリックすると、同期が再開し、ファイルを常に最新の・状態に保ちます。』 をクリックするまで (同期の一時停止から同期再開まで) の一連の動作を実行させる バッチコマンドの作成を要望します。

For example, in cases where the OneDrive for Business sync process is taking a long time for many users, we pause synchronization temporarily, but doing this and sending notifications takes a lot of time.
    In order to avoid this impacting our work, we would like a batch file…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Macros much slower on OneDrive

Currently if you run a Macro to update 10 different excel files, it updates one file, closes it, SYNCS, then goes to the next file, and does the same, until all 10 files are updated and synced. This takes about 1 minute with the Synchronisation in between each file slowing down the process.

If you pause syncing on OneDrive for 2 hours or so, then when running the Macro, the process is finished in 5 seconds, instead of 1 minute.

We did try intensively to get Microsoft to help us with this issue, but they claim this is not a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base