OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back animations to the app

The new update has no WP flip animations when diving into folders. They were great for usability, a visual metaphor for going deeper into the folders and flipping back up from them. Now it's just clunky as the interface changes with no animation. Another lovely backwards step brought over by your Android loving staff? Why don't you just get it over with and go work for Android if you love bad design so much?

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the option to Uninstall Onedrive from Windows Phone.

Please add the option to Uninstall Onedrive from Windows Phone. With only 5 GB free storage for WP users, it will be a very useless app. As I' m gonna use a third party app like BOX, Mega or Dropbox (still have to decide) it gives me OCD to have 2 apps of the same kind.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Anyway of teaming/linking up with Xbox to allow Xbox users to use some of the 1Tb of OneDrive space to store purchased games and gaming prog

Teaming/linking up OneDrive with Xbox to allow Xbox users to use some of the 1Tb of OneDrive space to store purchased games and gaming progress, as the cloud option as default?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Security improvement for local OneDrive folder

When I select a different OneDrive location than the default c:/users folder then my files become visible for other users on the same PC. On my PC there are two discs - one for the OS and the other for Data. Upon selecting to store my OneDrive folder on the Data drive (d:) - the files become readable for all users.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. the ability to upload WhatsApp photos album to ondrive automatically

All other albums get uploaded automatically except WhatsApp pictures folder. I would love for that feature to be part of next update

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better performance

At least here on Windows Phone, if you have a lot of files, and worst, even photos, is to slow to load thumbnails! Make it faster! Also, make it faster to open =D

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In One Drive for Windows Phone, there is NO option to 'Select All' images for downloading

My SD card got corrupted recently (long story) and i had to format it. I was confident of formatting because One Drive ALWAYS backs up! Happy for that! :)

BUT then when i went to "Camera Roll' to select images for downloading, i found out there is NO 'Select All' button! Gosh!

How exactly do you suppose i should select 1085 images and download them. Okay i might want, say about 500 of my latest images (I do photography), so i should be able to easily download them right?! But no... :/

Then i frantically searched for ways to do…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Backup all pictures and videos, not just Camera Roll and Saved Pictures folders

Currently OneDrive will only backup the Camera Roll and Saved Pictures folders.
    However, it should backup all pictures and videos that are locally stored on the phone (i.e. pictures received from WhatsApp). This is the last thing that is not covered by the very good Windows phone backup and arguably the most important; losing some text messages is not a big deal but losing pictures is a different story.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add ability to print a doc or picture

It should be easier to print from a Windows phone than it currently is, OneDrive or just office. Currently I share to my email and email the doc to my printer. I have a few printer apps and as far as I can tell sharing to the printer via email is currently the most convenient for me. This is Windows, there should be a better solution.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Outlook .msg files to be read on Windows Phone when accessing OneDrive. They list but do not open when clicked on.

When I access OneDrive on my Windows Phone, I obtain a list of files but Outlook .msg files do not open when clicked on. Only other Office files will open.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. option to retry failed uploads

When an upload fails give the option to "retry" rather than just telling us to try again in a few minutes.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scrolling bar on onedrive app

Been able to scroll quickly up and down with a slider /scrolling bar on the right

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please change OneDrive so that it sends files to my computer with their modified date, not their download date

When I download files from OneDrive cloud, it stores the downloaded date on my computer not the file modified data, although the latter is stored on OD cloud. PLEASE get OD to transmit the file to my computer with its modified date. The current system makes OD TOTALLY USELESS for general file backup as I must (i) know when files were created or modified, and (ii) be able to sort files in a folder by date.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom background colour

Custom background colour, at the very least an option to choose between light and dark. Personally I find the black only background a bit much, Could we have back the option to change this colour, even if it was just between black and white that would be nice....

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to pin the dialer to the start screen

The ability to pin the dialer to the start screen. Just because it seems like a logical and handy thing to have.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Windows 10 mobile: Option to backup photos only while charging

On Android in the settings in Google photos, there is an option to only backup photos when the device is charging (additional to the option to only backup over wifi).

I would love to have this option in the OneDrive app on WINDOWS 10 MOBILE, because I don't want to waste battery life backing up photos.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A way to sort my photos by Location/ geo tags

A way to sort my photos by Location/ geo tags

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. have multiple backups in OneDrive

My idea is that I made a mistake when restoring my phone windows phone. I lost internet links favorites and I'm a little sad because he had links about the history of Spain and technology. My exta functionality is to have multiple backups per device in OneDrive. An extra backup is never bad .so OneDrive will be the lifesaver.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. link photos in people app

It would be great if the people app could also show all photos linked to that person. That can be on basis of manual tagging, but face recognition would obviously be even better

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base