OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cortana

Cortana must be available all around the world. Let the user decide if they want to use Cortana or not. I am from south Africa and my phone is set on USA setting, Cortana understand what I am saying.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. one drive

Back up the contacts/sms from windows phone device, or other other important apps or items.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. download/upload management

Camera uploads for big video files (2.4 GB) wont upload incrementally. I'm always on the road and I don't want to spend one whole day trying to upload my video continuously. Please support auto pauses for uploads (like upload the file, but when wifi is lost, pause there and continue from there later, not restart the upload). It's more of a torrent-like management wherein YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESTART YOUR DOWNLOAD EVERYTIME YOU LOSE INTERNET ACCESS (I'm not mad here, just for emphasis hahaha)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Return to a combination of hamburger and pivot for onedrive app for w10m

Just as the title describes. This was already part of the app a few months ago, it was an amazing combination of the pivot and hamburger. The usability became worse as the pivot disappeared. Would love to see that combination back in w10m.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contextmenu on the Windows 10 Mobile app for Tap & Hold

In the Windows 10 Mobile app should it possible to open a contextmenu on a file when I make a Tap & Hold on the file. There should it gave options for delete, share and so on.

It is very circuitous every time to change in the selection view to mark the element or open the picture and then tap on the trash bin on the bottom.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Windows Phone Offline folders

Make Offline folders available for Windows Phone users with Premium account.

Faça pastas offline disponíveis para usuários do Windows Phone com conta Premium.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Camera Roll Upload Issues & App Issues

In summary: fix the OneDrive app and Photos app so it resembles the features, functionality, and UX we had with the Windows Phone 8.1 versions. Right now, with CAMERA UPLOAD, thumbnails of our photos are NOT visible, filenames are NOT visible, and it is cumbersome to 'find' out if our photos and videos are being uploaded.

This relates to the current build, as of 11/28/2015. Support told me to post this here when I emailed.

With Windows Phone 8.1, we saw...in the photos app...when our photos were being uploaded, and if there were any issues. We also got to see…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make possible to open PowerShell (ps1) files on Windows Phone app as text files

Yesterday I was trying to open one of my PowerShell scripts on Windows Phone just to see the code and if I needed to make some changes. Then the app told me that this type of file (ps1) can't be viewed/opened.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search within a single directory in Onedrive App

The onedrive app should allow search within a single directory. The current search of the entire onedrive is not useful to me because it returns too many results.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deleting a photo in the viewer in Windows phone should move to the next photo

I've used OneDrive on Windows 8, the web site, and IOS. All of these versions move to the next image in the viewer after deleting a photo. Only my Windows phone dumps me back to the top of the parent folder if I delete an image. So if I have a folder with 200 files and I delete an unwanted image, I'm forced to scroll back down and try to locate my last image location to pick up where I left off.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At least Microsoft should give 15 GB or unlimited storage to Windows 10 mobile/Windows 8/8.1 users.

At least Microsoft should give 15 GB or unlimited storage to Windows 10 mobile/Windows 8/8.1 users.

Less than 2% are using your product give then some benefit, they are suffering from lack of apps

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to automatically upload screenshots

Add an option to automatically upload screenshots (Power + Vol up) to OneDrive's screenshots folder[1].

You could create a folder with my device's name inside the screenshots folder.

[1] https://onedrive.live.com/?id=screenshots

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. W10 OneDrive Settings/Account on Desktop allows you to choose which folders to sync. Need same for W10 Mobile.

W10 OneDrive Settings/Account on Desktop allows you to choose which folders to sync to Desktop computer. Need same for W10 Mobile. I have some large folders on OneDrive that I do not want syncing to my phone and consuming all my memory. Build 10.0.15043.0 does not allow method to not sync OneDrive folders to phone.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. give individual lock or password protection for all apps n folders

If we want to share our phone feature there should be some differences btw other phone , give protection for us by giving protection option for apps,photos,videos, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Schedule mail sync for specific mail accounts

I'd like to have an old feature back again: Schedule synchronization for specific mail accounts. I don't want to receive business emails during weekend or holiday on my phone, but I want to receive private mails. Currently, there's no way to achieve that without disabling the mail synchronization for a given account completely....

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. show upload progress in percentage and MB's

show upload progress in percentage and MB's too its missing

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. be able to link r share with Google drive photos or account

Allow onedrive to sync or share files bids and picts with google drive or photos account..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. the option to select folder to auto backup, not just camera roll.

actually onedrive app just upload automatically the pictures you take, but what about whatsapp images folder or another image and video folder.

y would like one drive can give the user the power to choose which folders want to auto upload.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. implement 2 way sync on mobile

Definitely for Windows Phone/mobile, whatever its going to be called now, one drive needs to have a 2 way sync where you can setup folders (such as music or pictures) to sync both up and down. As it is now on the phone it manually syncs photos one by one to OneDrive but if I delete something from my camera roll I have to delete it from OneDrive separately. This should be optional, and have options for sync only over Wi-Fi, but would be a great function that would bring back the windows phone 7 Zune client sync functionality.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base