OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add setting on tenant to notify owners when their files have been shared on an internal corporate network to another user.

Add setting on tenant to notify owners when their files have been shared on an internal corporate network to another user. As it works today owners only get notified when their file is shared to another user on an external network to your corporation.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. bring back the password feature on OneDrive that you had on the windows 8.1 for lumia phones back into windows 10 mobile

On the windows 8.1 I loved the fact that only I could log into my OneDrive account because it required a pin number to access in but on the windows 10 version OneDrive it just doesn't gibe me that option, and I really desire that option greatly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a password in photo albums where OneDrive is there.

In photos I have set a pin to OneDrive app. But when I open albums in photos there it shows pictures that I stored in OneDrive. Then what is the use of setting a pin to OneDrive. Please review that and correct it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Latest update to WIndows Phone app has broken alignment among UI elements.

The update pushed on 12/12 brings a much wanted UI revamp, but it also has a weird alignment issue. I cannot tell if this is intended or not, but it's hard to imagine that it's intended as it does not look very good. Please make the UI elements aligned properly.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Password for OneDrive

Good morning, I would have put Microsoft back the password option in onedrive application for mobile WP10, I had in 8.1, grateful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make it possible to uninstall and reinstall OneDrive.

my windows phone hasn't synced with onedrive since august. advice I got from msft was to uninstall and reinstall onedrive. apparently not possible.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When connecting to Home Wifi, have Windows Phone auto sync/connect Xbox and PC

All in with Windows 10? Then have Xbox One and PC automatically sync and connect with my Phone when it detects my home network and respective MAC/IP Addresses. It's pretty pointless to reconnect my Smartglass app to my Xbox One every time I want to use my phone as a remote for streaming. Also, sending/receiving from phone to pc to xbox should be seemless via a beam tool.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. option for select all files and sync and save off line

The google drive can select all files and save off line.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Numerical sorting in Windows Phone app

Numerical sorting is used on OneDrive.com (and by default in File Explorer) but not in the Windows Phone app.

To reproduce the problem, create three sibling folders named “0”, “2”, and “11” respectively, and set the parent folder to sort items by name in ascending order. On OneDrive.com they are sorted as “0” ≤ “2” ≤ “11” (correctly), but in the Windows Phone app they are sorted as “0” ≤ “11” ≤ “2”.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive files on demand feature for mobile

Please add OneDrive files on demand feature for mobile. and also give the option for mobile to select folders to sync. waiting.......

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show image preview in the upload section

It will be great to have the image preview in the upload section of the app. Please refer to my screen capture attached.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix photo backup issue

ON windows phone several pictures is not uploaded when there is a problem on the first try. Fix the issue and give us an option to check all the picures again to do a full re-sync and upload the missing files

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Privacy System

We need option of privacy on individual folder or file on OneDrive apps!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please bring back the pin system to gain access to OneDrive app on Windows 10 for mobiles. bad idea taking that away

Bring back the pin system for Windows 10 on mobiles. Bad idea removing that feature. Sensitive information can be stored on it and it was extra security. Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest a buttom in the uploade picture menu "Upload now" I have sometime problem with the upload and can't get it started

I suggest a buttom in the uploade picture menu "Upload now" I have sometime problem with the upload and can't get it started

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sync Specific Folders in Background

On my Windows Phone device, I'd like to see the option to sync a specific folder on my phone or SD card to OneDrive when on WiFi (or maybe a toggle for each folder?).

An example of how I would use this feature would be to keep my music collection synchronised across my Windows 10 laptop and 2-in-1, and on my Windows Phone. The option would allow me to select the music folder on my SD card, and choose to sync the contents of this folder to the music folder on my OneDrive. This way, when I'm on WiFi, and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set WIN10 Phone to always for access to ONeDrive had to enter name and password.

Set WIN10 Phone to always for access to ONeDrive had to enter name and password. It will be advantageous when the theft of the smartmobile.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix splashscreen for Windows Phone with 1080p screen

When I open Onedrive app on WP on my lumia 1520 the splash screen is cut (doesn't happen on lumia 735, so I suppose it's a 1080p screen issue) Will you fix that in a update or in Windows 10?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base