OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linux support

Hi, I am a linux user and I use Onedrive a lot between my devices, but I am switching to linux and I'd love to have the Onedrive App On linux (ubuntu) So, will you create a Onedrive app for Linux ? This would be great !

1,854 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    47 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ファイルを表示したユーザー名を所有者に表示する機能の拡張について (About extending the ability to display the user name of a file to the owner)

[OneDrive 管理センター] - [ファイルを表示したユーザー名を所有者に表示する] の設定をオンにした状態で、OneDrive 上にあるファイルにマウス カーソルを合わせると "閲覧者名" が表示されるが、サイト コレクションの管理者設定にて所有者を追加し、追加した所有者で OneDrive 上のファイルにマウス カーソルを合わせても閲覧者名が表示されません。​
    追加した所有者でも、OneDrive 上のファイルにマウス カーソルを合わせた際に "閲覧者名" を表示できる機能の追加をお願いします。​

※本機能は、ユーザーがどのファイルに興味を持っているかなどの確認が簡単にできるため、非常に便利な機能のため拡張を期待します。​

When you hover over a file on OneDrive with the <a0> OneDrive Admin Center </a0>-[show user name on file as owner] setting selected, the "viewer name " is displayed, but the site
    You add an owner in the collection's administrator settings, and the owner you add does not display the viewer name when you hover over the file on OneDrive.
    If you added the owner, please add the ability to display the "viewer name " When hovering over the file…

626 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to change the OneDrive folder directory (long company name issue)

The default folder for OneDrive (by design) creates a problem that it conflicts with the maximum 255 character path length issue.

For a persons business OneDrive area
    C:\user\FirstnameLastname\OneDrive - LongCompanyName

For a Company Group/Team site
    C:|users\FirstnameLastname\LongCompanyName\LongCompanyName - LibraryName

It means that you are massively restricted on how you can use OneDrive to avoid reaching the 255 character path length limit.

I contacted support and i am told this is "by design", it isn't really fit for the purpose, other cloud storage providers dont have this issue and allow you to change it, it is such a simple feature.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive の同期クライアントで クラウド上 (オンライン) だけにデータを保存したい

データをクラウドだけ (オンライン) だけに保存できるようにして欲しい。
    それをグループポリシーなどで強制できるようにしたい。

つまり、ローカルにデータを残さないで PC 端末紛失時などの対策にしたい。
    これは日本の企業で良く求められる機能です。

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. more OneDrive Personal Vault lock options - 20mins is too low

OneDrive Personal Vault is a great OneDrive feature 'though in order to make it more usable, I wish it had more locking options - namely, whenever I unlock it, it'll lock itself automatically in 20mins.

I am of the opinion that 20mins is too few - I wish I could unlock it upon login and have it locked at logout.

This is because if you have a Personal Vault file opened & it then locks 20mins later, you can't save the changes without unlocking the Personal Vault again (with the subsequent risk of data loss).

So please consider either allowing…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One Drive Known Folder Move

Do not sync shortcuts (.lnk) from Desktop Folder to onedrive when using Known Folder Move This causes duplicate shortcuts if you set up a new device and sync. If you have the same shortcuts on the desktop as your original machine you will then get a "Copy" shortcut from the sync

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Do not show error messages for excluded filetypes

When I exclude filetypes from syncing (using Admin center or Set-SPOTenantSyncClientRestriction) they are marked as "file could not be synced". This is also shown by a red cross.

This behavior confuses Users that think that there is a real problem and furthermore makes it impossible for unqualified users to distinguished between this "by design" errors and real problems

So please do not show error messages for excluded filetypes or deliver an option for disabling these Error messages.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unlock Personal Vault with Windows Hello

Please add Windows Hello support to Personal Vaults.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically convert OneNote notebooks in a compatible format when user migrate to OneDrive

OneNote notebooks cannot be migrated to OneDrive without going through OneNote and without user action.
    The storage of OneNote notebooks as a folder and files is not supported on OneDrive. But with the Known Folders function, OneDrive move automatically these OneNote files to OneDrive and break the OneNote synchronization.
    Is it possible to obtain an automatic conversion of notebooks when KFM is executed or a way to automate the migration to OneDrive notebooks?

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Desktop Icon Duplication

In a shared computer environment, an admin may choose to install the Team Machine Wide Installer MSI.

Teams is then installed at every user logon if it doesn't exist in the users profile

"%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default"

Is put in the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This presents an issue when using OneDrive Known Folder Move. When a new user logs on to a PC, OneDrive has its own installation and update process. The Teams installer will start and finish before OneDrive has installed, updated and initiated Known Folder Move for the new user profile.

Teams will create a desktop icon in…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow PC to continue shutting down without any operations when users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    PC のシャットダウン時の同期の進行状況の表示について
    Allow PC to continue shutting down without any operations when users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.

■Description(内容):
    同期中の "処理中" の状態で、PC のシャットダウンをしようとすると、進行中のファイル アップロードがユーザーに通知されるように新機能が追加されておりますが、PC のシャットダウン時に操作なしに画面を戻らせることなく、シャットダウンを遂行する機能の追加を要望いたします。
    または、進行中のファイル アップロードをユーザーに通知する機能をオフにする機能の追加を要望いたします。

In current design, we have new feature to notify uses about on-going file uploading if users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.
    However, we would like to see the feature to allow PC to continue shutting down without any operation or getting back to the previous screen, or the feature to disable notification about on-going file uploading.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PowerShell script function to control OneDrive sync start stop.

We want a script to schedule and control the following scenarios:
    1. When located on our corporate network, enable OneDrive sync anytime.
    2. When on mobile hotspot, and during normal business hours, allow OneDrive sync with notification warning they are on a metered network.
    3. When on mobile hotspot, and after business hours, every 15 minutes pop up a notification warning user they are on a metered network.
    4. When on home network, enable OneDrive sync anytime.
    Outcomes should be achievable by PowerShell or a user interface.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13.  Enable delta sync for Zip compressed files the same as Dropbox

We have large compressed file repositories composing many smaller files but only some parts get updated and we dont want the entire Zip file to have to be re-synced. Dropbox already do this for Zip and RAR files: https://www.dropbox.com/lp/file-compression

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Admin report of One Drive status across a network

There needs to be an admin console that will report on the status of One Drive for Business sync status across a network. Use case example:
    "I installed the “new” OneDrive Sync Client to about 1,000 systems today and enabled Known Folder Move. I want to be able to report on the sync status of those system" Currently there is only a PowerShell command but it doesn't work across the network to report on the status -- https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rodneyviana/2017/06/06/powershell-cmdlet-to-check-onedrive-for-business-or-onedrive-personal-status/ The Office 365 reports in the admin center also don't report on the status.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Security improvement for local OneDrive folder

When I select a different OneDrive location than the default c:/users folder then my files become visible for other users on the same PC. On my PC there are two discs - one for the OS and the other for Data. Upon selecting to store my OneDrive folder on the Data drive (d:) - the files become readable for all users.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Verrrrrrrrry Slow

OneDrive is pathetically slow with uploads. For at least the last two weeks, it's been closer to dial up speeds. It can take hours to upload 500 meg. Historically, I haven't seen uploads faster than very low broadband speeds. I have a decent broadband connection - can stream HD movies and do other things simultaneously. I'm truly sick of it. What's more amazing...I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER. I'm not just using the free version. I would expect slower speeds if I were only using the free version. But to pay money and get this, pitiful.

1,491 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    146 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace or enhance Upload and Download rate settings in OneDrive for Business with LEDBAT++ to optimize bandwidth usage.

Replace or enhance Upload and Download rate settings in OneDrive for Business with LEDBAT++. This will significantly optimize OneDrive traffic to save bandwidth when the network is constrained and will allow OneDrive to work more quickly when more bandwidth is available. This would ease initial implementations when large amounts of data are being uploaded and would reduce concerns with ongoing traffic from large files.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Vault for windows 7

Please available Vault for windows 7 file explorer

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop counting previous versions, recycle bin, and icons against storage limits

Things like previous versions, files in the recycle bin, and the icons that are generated in the online portal should not be counted against your total storage size. We enforce a storage limit as we have many PC's in our environment that cannot yet take advantage of files on demand and it's hard to explain to users why they need to clean up their files when if you only counted the size of the file it would be under the limit. OneDrive also creates icons for each file to be viewed in the online portal. It can be 15MB per…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it easier to obtain Excel file path from OneDrive

When referencing Excel files held on OneDrive with Power Query you need to download the Excel file, open it, copy the path and then remove ?web=1 from the end of it. It would be great if there was a right click or ... option when selecting an Excel file in OneDrive that would give you this path without the ?web=1 on the end.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 210 211
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base