OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Individual Users (not Admins) To Exclude Specific Files and Folders

Currently, users cannot exclude files or folders from OneDrive. For example, I like the reminder that says that "Files you delete [can be restored] from your OneDrive recycle bin within the next 93 days." However, I don't need that reminder every time I save a file, when my editor replaces the .bak file. And those .bak files shouldn't be stored in OneDrive anyway. So we need a way, as individual users (not administrators) to exclude specific files, files based on wildcards, files in specific folders, or files in specific subfolders of a hierarchy in the file system (ex: "\users\mark\projects**\node_modules", from…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore the ability to sign in to the OneDrive Windows store app with a work or school account

The ability to sign in with a work account seems to not be available any more. When selecting the option a screen saying "Oops, somethign went wrong" is displayed with only the options to relaunch or sign out. Neither option allows you to get in to the application with a work account. Worked with Microsoft support on this and we were unable to achieve a sign in on:
    - Original laptop that was able to sign in before
    - Fresh Windows 10 Enterprise environment 20H2 not connected to a domain or Azure AD joined.
    - The support engineer's Windows 10…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let OneDrive show .dwg file thumbnails with Files-On-Demand

When Files-On-Demand is enabled, .dwg files don't have a thumbnail, as opposed to OneDrive on the Web or the OneDrive app.
    This feature helps architects to sort plans as file names are way less descriptive than an image.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. differential sync

When files in the cloud, such as SharePoint and OneDrive, are updated, synced OneDrive Desktop users will have a full download of the updated data. I want you to improve this so that it becomes a differential download.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneDrive Known Folder Move (KFM) suggestion to reduce amount of content in initial sync to Cloud

We would like flexibility for “selective sync” when enabling Known Folder Move (KFM). (Like choosing selective folders to sync but the option to choose sync based on modified date)
    Need KFM allowed files to be synced to OneDrive based on “last modified date” with the ability to choose Sync to happen only for data that has been updated in the last 30/60/90 days?

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Linux support

Hi, I am a linux user and I use Onedrive a lot between my devices, but I am switching to linux and I'd love to have the Onedrive App On linux (ubuntu) So, will you create a Onedrive app for Linux ? This would be great !

4,714 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    207 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. choose folder to backup

Going to be blunt here, can you guys introduce option to select any folders user want to backup to OneDrive (instead of just 3 Documents, Desktop & Pictures folders) if not introduce "Backup entire PC" to OneDrive??? Like what Google is doing with its Backup and Sync app?

I have 1TB for OneDrive however it lacks the option to backup my entire PC. My personal files are separate from the normal User folder as it is located in D: drive instead of C:\User\xxxx

597 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. enable multisession support on onedrive with fslogix

Onedrive is limited to one single session as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/configure-concurrent-multiple-connections-ht using Fslogix.
    Many customers are using Citrix or RemoteApp to deliver published apps to users and having multisession on the same OneDrive container, will be very beneficial.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adapt new design of Windows 11

As Windows 11 was just announced and still under development, I think this would be time to start working on the new design for the pop-up panel of OneDrive to match the new design of Windows 11.
    Something like transparency effect, rounded corner, fly-out animations and new icons just like how the Action Center (Quick Settings) currently is on Windows 11.
    Hope this makes sense.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. LEAVE OUR SETTINGS ALONE! YOU REPLACED MY PICS SETTINGS FOR YOUR LAME ONES

One Drive is not my idea of something good at all. it's just a set up to take our money and now destroy our time and work. I don't use your CHEAP "photos" programs! I don't WANT TO either!!! I have work that I have to do and you are a hindrance, not help! I am forced by others to use OneDrive some, but I work to avoid it. All your great features fade away anyway in a few years and then that disables people more who worked to set their stuff up. I do NOT want to use your…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable multiple simultaneous connections / multiple concurrent connections to OneDrive

By design OneDrive doesn't support multiple simultaneous connections / multiple concurrent connections. When using Citrix Virtual Apps with OneDrive folder redirection enabled on RDSH hosts this is a must.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/configure-concurrent-multiple-connections-ht

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OD support SUCKS

OD support SUCKS

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full Support for OneDrive as a Remote App in Azure WVD

The lack of any support for OneDrive as a Remote App without users in a full desktop environment is something that is hampering our full adoption of WVD.

I have spent the last 2-3 months working on trying to get OneDrive in a workable state only to eventually receive the bad news that "OneDrive as a Remote App is not supported".

This represents a true challenge for us as many of our LOB applications rely on the ability of users to attach documents to these applications. It is no exaggeration to suggest that having them navigate the folder structure of…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. block downloading shared videos

Block downloading shared videos or any other file

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Block the download of any file type (including folders)

Block the download of any file type (including folders).

It is possible to only block the download of certain file types. Also when sharing a folder it is not possible to block the download of the contents of that folder. This is problematic when trying to share a folder that contains multiple files. Make it possible to block the download of the contents of a folder and of any file type.

123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tree view display in OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のツリービューの表示について
    Tree view display in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントにて OneDrive for Business を利用しています。
    その際フォルダー単位での表示となり、アイテムや下位のフォルダーのみが表示されます。
    同階層のフォルダーや異なる階層のフォルダーを一覧で表示出来るツリー表示の実装を希望します。

We are using OneDrive for Business in the Teams client.
    In this case, individual folder contents are shown, so only the current item and folders below it in the hierarchy are shown.
    Please make it possible to use a tree display to show folders at the same level and other levels of the hierarchy.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I hate OneDrive, why can't I disable.

I hate OneDrive, why can't I disable. Remove it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to buy a degree certificate online

A friend suggested I go to buyfakeDiploma.com and when I spoke to their staff they did show me the diploma I needed https://www.buyfakediploma.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable USB Drive synchronisation with OneDrive account!

USB Drive synchronisation would make OneDrive even more popular.

This feature would not only save us from a lot of headaches in case of a drive loss or corruption but would also be helpful when the drive is left at home but the files could be accessed at a workplace computer.

Please consider this feature at the next Windows 10/Office 365 update.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to manually define the synced folder name

It would be great to have an option which enables end-users to manually define the synced folder name per document library. (similar like Shortcuts to websites)

The reason is that, renamed SPO site titles are not replicated to the synced folder names, which confuses some users when they are talking about the same "sites"/"team" but with different names.
    If end-users are aware, that they have defined the Name for that folder themselves they know that the corresponding site must not correlate to their own name.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 325 326
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base