OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive Known Folder Move (KFM) suggestion to reduce amount of content in initial sync to Cloud

We would like flexibility for “selective sync” when enabling Known Folder Move (KFM). (Like choosing selective folders to sync but the option to choose sync based on modified date)
    Need KFM allowed files to be synced to OneDrive based on “last modified date” with the ability to choose Sync to happen only for data that has been updated in the last 30/60/90 days?

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Individual Users (not Admins) To Exclude Specific Files and Folders

Currently, users cannot exclude files or folders from OneDrive. For example, I like the reminder that says that "Files you delete [can be restored] from your OneDrive recycle bin within the next 93 days." However, I don't need that reminder every time I save a file, when my editor replaces the .bak file. And those .bak files shouldn't be stored in OneDrive anyway. So we need a way, as individual users (not administrators) to exclude specific files, files based on wildcards, files in specific folders, or files in specific subfolders of a hierarchy in the file system (ex: "\users\mark\projects**\node_modules", from…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linux support

Hi, I am a linux user and I use Onedrive a lot between my devices, but I am switching to linux and I'd love to have the Onedrive App On linux (ubuntu) So, will you create a Onedrive app for Linux ? This would be great !

4,667 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    205 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. choose folder to backup

Going to be blunt here, can you guys introduce option to select any folders user want to backup to OneDrive (instead of just 3 Documents, Desktop & Pictures folders) if not introduce "Backup entire PC" to OneDrive??? Like what Google is doing with its Backup and Sync app?

I have 1TB for OneDrive however it lacks the option to backup my entire PC. My personal files are separate from the normal User folder as it is located in D: drive instead of C:\User\xxxx

531 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tree view display in OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のツリービューの表示について
    Tree view display in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントにて OneDrive for Business を利用しています。
    その際フォルダー単位での表示となり、アイテムや下位のフォルダーのみが表示されます。
    同階層のフォルダーや異なる階層のフォルダーを一覧で表示出来るツリー表示の実装を希望します。

We are using OneDrive for Business in the Teams client.
    In this case, individual folder contents are shown, so only the current item and folders below it in the hierarchy are shown.
    Please make it possible to use a tree display to show folders at the same level and other levels of the hierarchy.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. block downloading shared videos

Block downloading shared videos or any other file

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block the download of any file type (including folders)

Block the download of any file type (including folders).

It is possible to only block the download of certain file types. Also when sharing a folder it is not possible to block the download of the contents of that folder. This is problematic when trying to share a folder that contains multiple files. Make it possible to block the download of the contents of a folder and of any file type.

108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to manually define the synced folder name

It would be great to have an option which enables end-users to manually define the synced folder name per document library. (similar like Shortcuts to websites)

The reason is that, renamed SPO site titles are not replicated to the synced folder names, which confuses some users when they are talking about the same "sites"/"team" but with different names.
    If end-users are aware, that they have defined the Name for that folder themselves they know that the corresponding site must not correlate to their own name.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prevent download of shared file from OneDrive as video files (mp4), music files, folders..

In the business edition of OneDrive it is possible to block download of Word, Excel, PowerPoint files - but NOT on any other file. This means that if I share a film (mp4), anybody can download the film to their computer. When I share music, anybody can download the music to their compute and so...

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. bug: file details are removed after uploading to OneDrive

All file details (notes, labels, tags, etc.) are removed when a file is saved only on OneDrive. This should be fixed.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. About backups

■Title(件名):
    バックアップについて
    About backups

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントにてファイルの同期やバックアップを行う際に、ファイルに優先順位を設定して、優先度の高いファイルから同期やバックアップを行える機能の拡充を希望いたします。

Please add a way to set priorities for use when syncing files or backing up using the OneDrive client, so that syncing/backing up starts with high-priority files.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix Authentication Issues

Create some updates that can fix an authentication issue within the suite. I have had an issue where OneDrive says I am not logged in, but my account is still somehow active.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OPen file explorer instead of Online Shareponit

When sharing documents from desktop, the link opens up the online sharepoint folder. We would like the option to open the link to file or folder in file explorer on desktop instead

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Function to back up the desktop

■Title(件名):
    デスクトップをバックアップする機能
    Function to back up the desktop

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期の、デスクトップをバックアップする機能がありますが、バックアップと表現するのは紛らわしいです。
    このバックアップを誤ってしてしまう場合、C ドライブのデスクトップにファイルを保存したつもりが、OneDrive を経由することになります。
    OneDrive が推奨されていないツールを使用すると、正常に動作しない可能性があるため、混乱しないよう表示してほしい。

OneDrive syncing allows users to back up their desktop, but describing it as a backup is confusing.
    If a mistake is made with this, then while you may intend to save files to the desktop on the C drive, they may be saved to OneDrive.
    Since if you use a tool that isn’t recommended by OneDrive it may not work correctly, please change how this is displayed so it is not confusing.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Thumbnails for Office files not displayed

In January or February 2021, some issues with thumbnails in the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer have been fixed, and it is now displaying thumbnails for most file types. However, it is still not displaying thumbnails for Microsoft Office files (Word, PowerPoint, etc.), whether the files are available offline or online-only.

This only happens in the personal OneDrive folder. The thumbnails are displayed correctly in the OneDrive for Business folder, as well as the synced SharePoint folders (again, both files which are available offline and online-only files).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folder names when they are synced using the OneDrive client

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントでの同期した際のフォルダー名称について
    Folder names when they are synced using the OneDrive client

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントで同期すると、"OneDrive - <組織名>" という名前で自動表示される。
    "OneDrive" と "<組織名>" の間に "スペース" と "ハイフン" が入る事でバッチ処理の際に困っているので、この名前を自由に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    または、スペースや半角を排除できるようにしてほしい。

Syncing with the OneDrive client automatically creates folders shown as “OneDrive - <organization name>”.
    Since the presence of the space and hyphen between the “OneDrive” and the organization name makes it difficult to use batch files, we would like to be able to change these names freely.
    Alternatively, we would the space and hyphen to be removed.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Put back photo tags.

Put back the photo tags feature!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Status icon for the OneDrive client

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントの状態アイコンについて
    Status icon for the OneDrive client

■Description(内容):
    現在同期クライアントで同期すると状態欄にアイコンが表示され、削除や非表示にはできない。
    同期状態のアイコンの表示/非表示を選択できる機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, when the client is syncing, an icon is shown in the system tray, and there is no way to delete or hide this.
    Please make this possible.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When file-on-demand is enabled on OneDrive sync client, a disparity exists between storage actually consumed and that displayed

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントでファイルオンデマンドの機能を有効にした場合、実際消費されているストレージ量と表示されているストレージ量に差があるため改善してほしい
    When file-on-demand is enabled on OneDrive sync client, a disparity exists between storage actually consumed and that displayed

■Description(内容):
    容量の節約を行うためにファイルオンデマンドの機能を利用しているが、実際にローカルのストレージを消費していないにも関わらず、OS 上は実際にストレージを消費しているとして、ストレージが不足している旨のメッセージが表示される。
    OS と OneDrive 同期クライアントのストレージの使用量のデータに齟齬が出ないよう機能の拡充を希望する。

I'm using the file-on-demand feature to save space, but I often get messages saying "there is insufficient storage", even though the local storage has not been consumed. The functions somehow make it look like storage is being used up to the OS.

Please fix this function so that there will be no discrepancy between the storage usage data on the OS and on the OneDrive synchronization client.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I m trying to sign in Onedrive then i m getting this error and i tried multiple times but i m unable to sign in please resolved this.

When I m trying to sign in Onedrive then i m getting this error and i tried multiple times but i m unable to sign in please resolved this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 279 280
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base