OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Usage restriction for OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の利用制限について
    Usage restriction for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    個人用サイトを使用できないように、個人用サイトの削除やロックをしたい際に、ブラウザー上からはアクセスが制御されます。
    しかしながら、同期フォルダー内のアイテムは、同期はされませんが表示されて、ダウンロードしていたアイテムは閲覧が可能となる。 同期フォルダー内のアイテムについても、アクセスできないように、機能の拡充を希望します。
    また、アクセス出来ない際に、使用禁止している旨の、エラー メッセージ等が表示され、ユーザーにわかるようにしたいです。
    When personal sites are deleted or locked access from the browser will be restricted so as to make the personal sites unusable.
    However items within the synced folders will be displayed even though sync is not performed, and downloaded items can be viewed. We hope that this feature can be improved to prevent access even for items within the synced folders.
    Also, please display an error message etc. when access is not possible so that the user can understand that…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unlock Personal Vault with Windows Hello

Please add Windows Hello support to Personal Vaults.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to rearrange Folders in what ever order you want

I had a user ask if they could rearrange the folders in what ever order they wanted because they might access a certain folder more than other folders, and it seems to default to sorting them alphabetically. You can rearrange files but not folders. Seems like an oversight.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sort-rename-or-move-photos-and-files-in-onedrive-01628e6d-9d2c-4298-a1f0-933e5b20a8bf

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive の同期クライアントで クラウド上 (オンライン) だけにデータを保存したい

データをクラウドだけ (オンライン) だけに保存できるようにして欲しい。
    それをグループポリシーなどで強制できるようにしたい。

つまり、ローカルにデータを残さないで PC 端末紛失時などの対策にしたい。
    これは日本の企業で良く求められる機能です。

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new manage access section has recently changed and not in a good way

The Manage access section has recently changed (last week or so) and now you can’t edit user rights individually. You can only remove the user from a sharing rights group (like view only) and then you have to add them back if you want to elevate their rights to edit.

This is a horrible design change. If you have multiple users in a sharing category (like “people you specify can view”) that you want to elevate or downgrade several from edit to view, removing & re-adding one at a time is cumbersome at best. There needs to be, as there…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. block downloads when sharing a file

everyone should be able to block downloads when they share ANY file from a PERSONAL onedrive account

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Thumbnails are not displayed depending on the file extension for both Mac and PC

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で同期時、ファイルの拡張子によってサムネイルが表示されない
    Thumbnails are not displayed depending on the file extension for both Mac and PC

■Description(内容):
    Mac PC で同期時、ファイルの拡張子によってサムネイルが表示されない
    m4v,wmv は表示されるが、mp4,mov は表示されない。
    再生はできるため、PC では対応しているので、同期フォルダーからも mp4,mov のサムネイルが表示されるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。
    Thumbnails are not displayed depending on the file extension for both Mac and PC.
    m4v and wmv files are displayed but mp4 and mov files are not displayed.
    As the files can be played, the files are supported on the PC, so we hope that the feature can be improved to mp4 and mov thumbnails can be displayed from the sync folders.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to prevent shared video file from being downloaded

I create a video and send the link to my students. I want them to view the video but do not want them to download it or reshare. There should be an option like there is on Google Drive that prevents viewers from downloading.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make it so that the full path of files can be checked from the search results

■Title(件名):
    検索結果からファイルのフルパスを確認できるようにしてほしい
    Please make it so that the full file path can be checked from the search results

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードしているファイルは [詳細] から [その他詳細] 欄に該当ファイルのフルパスが表示されています。

しかし、ファイルを検索した後に、同様の箇所を確認すると次の表記となっており、フルパスが表示されません。

パス

"検索した用語" の検索結果 > ファイル名.拡張子
    検索したファイルのフルパスを確認することが出来ず、非効率的なため、改善してほしい
    Files uploaded to OneDrive for Business will have the full file path displayed in the Other Details column (accessed from Details).

However after searching for the file, the full path is not displayed and the same column is shown in the format below.

Path
    Search results for "searched term" > filename.extension

As not being able to check the full path for the searched…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Onedrive does not function in a upd (user profile disk) environment

Onedrive does not function in a upd (user profile disk) environment

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make EFS files to be uploaded encrypted

Windows has EFS feature. Security, privacy, green file names, etc.
    But something goes wrong when I sync my secure files to OneDrive: security and privacy are not being uploaded. =(
    Could you please add an option for EFS-encrypted files to be uploaded encrypted? ReadEncryptedFileRaw, pfExportCallback and something like that.
    Thank you. 😊

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 是否可以在设置中添加手动设置代理的选项,在中国区链接onedrive实在是不稳定

是否可以在设置中添加手动设置代理的选项,在中国区链接onedrive实在是不稳定

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive在中国电信网络下瘫痪(中国移动正常且极速),望反馈协调解决

OneDrive在中国电信网络下瘫痪(中国移动正常且极速),望反馈协调解决

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Regarding “Shared with you”

■Title(件名):
    "あなたと共有" について
    Regarding “Shared with you”

■Description(内容):
    PC 端末にて OneDrive for Business へアクセスし、"あなたと共有" の一覧に表示されているアイテムに対して、一覧からアイテムを削除することは可能ですが、当該ファイル自体を削除することはできない。
    "あなたと共有" の一覧から、アイテム自体も削除できるように機能の拡充を希望します。

On the PC version of OneDrive for business, if is possible to “delete” items from the list in “Shared with you”, but the file in question is not actually deleted.
    Please make it possible to delete the file itself via the “Shared with you” list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. suggession about move file

Admittedly, onedrive does give users a lot of space to use, but it also has many inconveniences. For example, when a file is moved from one account to another account, it will be downloaded first, and then uploaded to another account after the move. If you can identify a certain file between two accounts, you can directly save the download and upload steps, there is no doubt that this is the most time-saving method

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. one drive deleted all files in my computer!! after i deactivated onedrive on my computer, it deleted all unsynchronized files!!

one drive deleted all files in my computer!! after i deactivated onedrive on my computer, it deleted all unsynchronized files from my computer! please help me urgently to save'm!or i wont be able to do my job! they are all institutional documents.
    why do not you check the programs you create or update?! Don't you realize that it deletes local files?! I regret using onedrive! Please solve this problem urgently and rapidly!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Assistance needed on logging on OneDrive Personal Vault (0x8004da00)

Recently it keeps seeing error cod 0x8004da00 when I try to log on OneDrive Personal Vault. I can't get any information about this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Regarding the OneDrive for Business status icon

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のステータス アイコンについて
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business status icon

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business に同期時に、ステータス アイコンにより、ショートカットの本来のマークが隠れてしまう。
    ステータス アイコンの場所を、ショートカットの本来のマークに重ならないよう、位置の改善を要望します。

When OneDrive for Business is syncing, the original shortcut mark is hidden by the status icon.
    Please change the location of the status icon so it does not overlap with the existing shortcut mark.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow PC to continue shutting down without any operations when users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.

■Title(件名):
    PC のシャットダウン時の同期の進行状況の表示について
    Allow PC to continue shutting down without any operations when users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.

■Description(内容):
    同期中の "処理中" の状態で、PC のシャットダウンをしようとすると、進行中のファイル アップロードがユーザーに通知されるように新機能が追加されておりますが、PC のシャットダウン時に操作なしに画面を戻らせることなく、シャットダウンを遂行する機能の追加を要望いたします。
    または、進行中のファイル アップロードをユーザーに通知する機能をオフにする機能の追加を要望いたします。

In current design, we have new feature to notify uses about on-going file uploading if users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.
    However, we would like to see the feature to allow PC to continue shutting down without any operation or getting back to the previous screen, or the feature to disable notification about on-going file uploading.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow users to stop syncing individual files or folders under OneDrive sync folders to OneDrive

To include the option to stop syncing individual files or folders under OneDrive sync folders

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base