OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable multisession support on onedrive with fslogix

Onedrive is limited to one single session as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/configure-concurrent-multiple-connections-ht using Fslogix.
    Many customers are using Citrix or RemoteApp to deliver published apps to users and having multisession on the same OneDrive container, will be very beneficial.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to beable to set to upload only not just to sync.

Because I want it uploaded to my OneDrive not to stay on my computer. So can download what is needed where its needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adapt new design of Windows 11

As Windows 11 was just announced and still under development, I think this would be time to start working on the new design for the pop-up panel of OneDrive to match the new design of Windows 11.
    Something like transparency effect, rounded corner, fly-out animations and new icons just like how the Action Center (Quick Settings) currently is on Windows 11.
    Hope this makes sense.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not an idea i click feeback to complain tour the app builders you find solution Issues syncing and redundant storage

CROSS PLATFORM AND DEVICE SYNC AND STORAGE OVERHAUL NEEDED & RECOGNIZED USES2MUCH DRIVE STORAGE SHOULD NOT USE ANY local storage I have enc ou United this issue on iOS android pc and mac my physical drives are huge. I dont play games etc and have both google and one drive both upgraded storage. Despite having 250 gb local storage and nothing listed under management for docs pics etc under other I am 3 GB from system meltdown 3 pc 2 mac and my smart phones and it the one drive which us supposed to be virtual storage not local however…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync Just What I Want To NOT all the files

I always struggle with my OneDrive on Laptop cuz it sync everything I saved into my pc and now the OneDrive Storage is FULL. but what I want is just to sync Word(.doc) and my works not any other things. I want to sync just my works cuz I can do it on my smartphone when I'm not at home. I don't know how to solve this problem! How can I choose not to sync all my files? :-(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive and Microsoft 365 Family

There may be only ONE computer in a family. And under the circumstances it would make sense if every family member could synchronize their own OneDrive cloud directly with the PC.
    It would be just as useful if a family with only three people could still enjoy all of the OneDrive storage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive und Microsoft Family 365

Es kann sein, dass innerhalb einer Familie nur EIN Computer vorhanden ist. Und unter den Umständen wäre es doch sinnvoll, wenn jedes Familienmitglied die eigene OneDrive-Cloud direkt mit dem PC synchronisieren könnte.
    Genauso sinnvoll wäre es doch, wenn eine Familie mit nur drei Personen trotzdem in den Genuss des gesamten OneDrive-Speichers käme.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 您好 我有oneDrive檔案上傳問題要詢問 請協助我

您好 我有oneDrive檔案上傳問題要詢問 請協助我
    我是此帳號使用者,目前發現雲端上資料都不是我的
    需要協助了解這些檔案是從何時登入的

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. extended search of history of connected devices and shared folders

Hi
    My OneDrive was accessed without permission recently unfortunately. The people who accessed it not only downloaded the contents but also shared some folders so they would always have updates I made to those folders. It took me weeks to discover as i by chance saw connected devices included a laptop I no longer had access to. I then discovered the shared folders. I changed my microsoft password immediately and unshared the folders. I know though my entire 'life' up to that day is in their possession.

I think you need to give us the ability to:
    1. permanently disconnect…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. buy a business who can get it right

Microsoft used to be the De Facto software business the best companies tried to keep up with. Today Microsoft has lost focus and is mistake ridden. One Drive is a 'catch up to the competitors' idea but is clearly a rush job. We are a massive firm and our IT department cannot find a way to stop Onedrive from downloading files from the cloud to the PC we no longer want - its costing us masses amount of wasted man hours for something that should not be happening. If we deleted files from a PC sync folder the files used…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable multiple simultaneous connections / multiple concurrent connections to OneDrive

By design OneDrive doesn't support multiple simultaneous connections / multiple concurrent connections. When using Citrix Virtual Apps with OneDrive folder redirection enabled on RDSH hosts this is a must.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/configure-concurrent-multiple-connections-ht

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Client Side Encryption with User Passphrase

Guys... It is now high time. Please provide User Side key encryption vault as service to all and user based passphrase for it to open. Smallest and new services have it. It will be justified price for business users and will put you miles ahead of that Big G.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. no puedo ver lo que subo desde otra pc , para que pago offece 365 si ni esto funciona?

no puedo ver lo que subo desde otra pc , para que pago offece 365 si ni esto funciona?
    me molestan con noticias en windows, ese carte insoportable y no me dejan ver mis archivos en tiempo real de on drive.
    hay cosas que jamas entendi de windows ni de microsoft, y es basicamente que artan a los usuarios.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 同期はずしたい

動画とか全部one driveと同期されるようになっちゃって、やめたいのに同期はずせなくて困っています。授業の動画は重くて学期が終わったら消すので変に同期すると容量がなくなってパソコンがバグる。。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OD support SUCKS

OD support SUCKS

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I Need Help

I have a problem, not a suggestion.

I have One Drive on my computer. It was set up by my partner, who has since passed away. Now I cannot get into my One Drive, as i dont have the passwords and the tel number attached to microsoft is no longer valid and you have sent me a notification that my One Drive is frozen due to being full.
    I have tried to fill in the 'questionaires' to get in, but it always comes back as "not enough infomation. Now I am blocked from that too.

I NEED HELP PLEASE

food@pascals.co.za

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base