OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Stop Notifications for Office 365 Subscription

OneDrive is giving me notifications in Windows saying that I should switch to an annual Office 365 plan and save money that way. The problem is that I'm already subscribed to Office 365 Home with a yearly subscription. So these notifications are just an annoyance and need to stop.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. security code

there are no security in laptop anyone open can open my laptop & can easily open one drive so plz provide security code feature while accessing one drive thorugh laptop

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Online ONLY Storage Option

As technology moves forward and computers such as ultrabooks get smaller, it's common for a computer to have only 256GB of solid state storage or even less. With Windows 10 there is no intuitive way to store files such as photos online ONLY. As a student I purchased 1TB of cloud space that has essentially become useless because everything wants to be locally stored on my precious local drive space. If the OneDrive team could include an option (right click maybe?) to make folders online only and then have it remove the files locally that would make me a much…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please don't delete the local folder immediately when I uncheck it in the syncing list.

U can use the syncing status icon to distinguish the files in sync and out of sync.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add an option to resync data

Recently was working on a project. However, after working on one computer, I could not get the new file to show as update on my other computers unless I removed the file and replace the file in onedrive. I need to be able to push new changes to skydrive and have them be reflected without needing to do this.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. TO FIX THE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH WINDOWS APP!!!

TO FIX THE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH WINDOWS APP!!! Synchronization with online portal of OneDrive works fine and it syncs a pictures taken be my Lumia after few seconds only, but Windows folder syncs after hours!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. O/d Is Still Processing Changes. Here I am with 17.3.6301.0127 and every few seconds O/d goes 'Looking for changes'.

[so that's what that lonely entry field above is for..]
    I suggest you keep upgrading the O/d client so that it's less sensitive and more reliable.
    This repeated running of my disk is really dragging my machine down.
    Now - let's see what happens with this strange interaction page...

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Onedrive Next Generation Sync Client change Onedrive name folder by GPO like "c:\users\%username%\OnedriveXPTO, insted "Onedrive - Tenant",

Onedrive Next Generation Sync Client change Onedrive name folder by GPO like "c:\users\%username%\OnedriveXPTO, insted "Onedrive - Tenant", if you have tenant like mine with 50 letter on the name this becames a problem with path limits.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upload to online-only folders on Onedrive

Allow users to see online only folders in the file explorer. Now to load files in those folders I need to go through the website, and this process cannot be done in background. I would find it more convenient to see everything I have in Onedrive, instead of only those files and folders stored on my pc. Maybe you could have a different icon for online only stuff (so that users won't be confused on what they can or cannot use offline)? I prefered the the Windows 8.1 Onedrive configuration, to be honest

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow all Ondrive folders to appear in File explorer whether or not it is synced to the local drive

If people find it confusing, you could color code the file names... different colors for ones that are local versus ones that are in the cloud. Alternatively, you could make the Onedrive file tree such that local files are shown in the 'local' tree while cloud files are located under the "cloud' tree. Whatever...just please bring back explorer viewing of both files.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search all my OneDrive files even if they’re not on my PC - Windows 10

It worked in Windows 8.1 well, why did it go away??? I want OneDrive to be a single place to see all my files in any implementation of OneDrive be it an app on my pc or on the web. Also, just because the icon is there representing a file structure on my PC doesn't mean it has to be occupying space, simply retrieve it from the server if I attempt to access. I was able to see my whole onedrive file structure in Windows 8.1 and select what I wanted stored on the PC and what could stay in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 我重装系统之后,为什么一定要重新同步一次呢,明明已经同步过了,你非要把我原来的删除了再同步下来,这不是浪费我的网速吗!!!

我重装系统之后,为什么一定要重新同步一次呢,明明已经同步过了,你非要把我原来的删除了再同步下来,这不是浪费我的网速吗!!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow users to download shared files directly from the link rather than requiring you to go to the OneDrive web site.

Currently when you share a file in Windows you can get a HTTP link and you can paste that link into an email. But when the recipient clicks the link they are taken to the OneDrive web site rather than directly downloading the file. I'd like to be able to allow people to directly download the file. Other file storage sites like DropBox allow this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. stop hacking my account is hacked!!

My account hacked so pictures and documents are tampered with no privacy!! They have account shared!! And hides most files.please make more secure!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Start OneDrive on the background

I often use my laptop connected to limited networks due to security policies and when my system boots up the OneDrive client is unable to detect the network and doesn't start.
    When I switch the connection I have to start the OneDrive client manually in order to enable the proper file sync.
    It is possible to start the client as a background service on the tray then enable a simple network check for an automated restore?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. persist pause syncing when reboot

I set the OneDrive client to pause syncing for 24 hours, reboot my machine within the 24 hours period and the client will start syncing again. I would expect the pause syncing state to persist across reboots.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base