OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows desktop settings don't always allow selection of folders to sync.

When I right-click on the OneDrive icon in Windows and select Settings, I often, but not always, get the option to "Choose folder to sync on this device". Why doesn't it always work? What makes the option disappear? It seems inconsistent and is frustrating when I expect the option after seeing it then it's gone.

I suppose I can go to my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer and right-click, then select either Make Offline or Online-only, but I'd sure like to see this irritation fixed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Storage path in OneDrive for new photos should be adaptable.

Storage path in OneDrive for new photos should be adaptable. So if you have more than one Device that can make Potos you can areate a Folder for each Device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I must say i felt a bit disppointed about yours compary.

I must say i felt a bit disppointed about yours compary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shutdown-Button in Start-Menu

I really would appreciate it when it would be possible to switch on and of the appearence of the following buttons: "shutdown", "restart",...

I want to click once on the Windows button on the left down corner, then I want to directly click on shutdown => ONE CLICK LESS!!!

At the moment it takes 3 clicks, I think 2 clicks are more than enough to shutdown and of course this should be optional like every option should be. The users who don't like it leave it off and useres like me switch on the appropriate buttons...

I also wouldn't need…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Synchronisationinformationen

OneDrive for Business is designed for team collaboration. Therefore, it would be very helpful, if I had the opportunity to view who / when made the changes in a kind of protocol.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sync now option to be provided

sync now option to provide

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. why is my onedrive mad not enabled - after latest update...

After latest update the one drive is not active, says I am not logged in

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Start menu layout sync please !

In Windows 8.1 we could sync our start screen layout, but i was shocked Windows 10 doesn't let me to do so. Please restore it back !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd like to permanently get rid of OneDrive on my PC.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
    is the document referred to but having windows 10 home edition, it has no gpedit.msc. I sure would like to eliminate this waste of my time on my computers but removing it or even disabling it has been made difficult.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Frustrante a opção de Sync Online only ter sido retirada no Windows 10.

Eu quero a opção de sincronizar somente online de volta. Isso foi muito frustrante...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 有鑑於目前勒索病毒盛行,希望能有選項可以停止電腦端自動同步的功能。

有鑑於目前勒索病毒盛行,希望能有選項可以停止OneDrive電腦端自動同步的功能。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix OneDrive!

Fix OneDrive! It no longer signs in on Windows 7 Pro. Good work MS, you really screwed us up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. need help

I forgot my password to my Microsoft tried sending a message to my email to put a new doesn't seem to work how can I get my password or a new one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. windows 10 Mobile auto-delete or replace with thumbnail on upload

This is a request for Windows 10 Mobile, not Windows Phone 8.1 but there is no category.

After a picture is uploaded to OneDrive, we need an option to either delete the local copy or convert it to a small thumbnail. In the current version, if you have the photos app set (default) to show the cloud content then when you delete the file it will delete from the phone and OneDrive. My phone is full of pictures and videos which I can only guarantee are backed up if I connect my phone to a PC and move them and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable the old OneDrive for Business Sync Client once the New Verstion is Installed

Very distracting to have three onedrive "clouds" in the task bar (grey and two blue ones). You can exit the old version but Windows 10 then throws an error and re-launches. Exit again and the icon goes away until reboot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base