OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Let one drive fetch files from this PC - doesn't work on all PCs

I have ticked the option as instructed on both my PC and my Surface Pro expecting to see both devices on my OneDrive Brower, but I only see my Surface not my PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. option to retry failed uploads

When an upload fails give the option to "retry" rather than just telling us to try again in a few minutes.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Toolbar options and actions for OneDrive

1) Include the names of the files that are being synced (upload/download/updating changes), not only the total size of the files remain up to completion.
    2) Allow to pause and resume sync.
    3) Make the OneDrive show recent files that were synced and shared through the cloud when pressing the OneDrive icon in the toolbar.
    3) Another thought, please create a OneDrive app for the Windows Store! I thing it'll be somewhat more convenient to manage files as it's done in-browser, or like in the mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Needs to have a comparrison tool so is does not create dupicates

Needs to basically have the ability to realize the copies in OneDrive are the exact same thing as the ones already in the folder. By comparing the names and then the data. AKA images can be compared. if it can't compare the file (unknown .ext.) then ask the user. Otherwise this create copies of everything is ******** when the user has a folder of 100+ items. In any case is Should ask the user when more then 5 copies are to be made. ASK. Same hey are these the same thing? (Y/N)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. At least offer to skip if path is too long.

Moving a folder from dropbox to onedrive that contains a bunch of pluralsight(development examples) has turned into a nightmare

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Error in reporting total size

Going to OneDrive definitions (right-click in OneDrive tray icon, and then clicking definitions) instead of the total size availabe I see %4s. Please see screenshot in attachment. This is hapenning for 2015 version 17.3.6301.0.127) Portuguese (Portugal) locale in Windows 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to synchronize screenshots on Windows Mobile (Phone) 10

This option exists on desktop, please add it to mobile. It would be especially helpful for writing documentation / email / etc. on the pc about apps and other experiences on the phone.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am sick of one drive sucking all bandwith

I am sick of one drive sucking all 100mbps of down and 10mbps of upload bandwidth for hours. There Used to be a bandwidth contro mechanism like gmail has l to control it . Using asrocks xfastlan program instead. please introduce upload and download limits

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i cannot access ac login option in onedrive

i cannot access ac login option in onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My desktop says that my folder is synched. It is not. There are tons of files on onedrive that are not on my desktop.

My desktop says that my folder is synched. It is not. There are tons of files on OneDrive that are not on my desktop.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Re-work the OneDrive mechanism in Windows 10 to allow files to be made online only

My Dell Inspiron 5537 originally ran Windows 8.0. As with many other Windows power users, I am far more satisfied with Windows 10. But one feature I miss in Windows 8.1 is that I used to be able to open documents, pictures, videos, etc. directly in my OneDrive folder via the File Explorer over an internet connection without those files taking up space on my laptop's hard drive. My laptop's hard drive can hold 1 TB of data (917 GB, actually), and now that I am in the practice of ordering DVD sets from Amazon with every episode of TV…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Throw away the "current" OneDrive for Business and add the "New Generation OneDrive for Business" as a Standard

The "current" doesn't work. Had to use 2 hours of Support time to download, install and setup the "New Generation". This is cost ineffective for you and annoying for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. there is no privacy in OneDrive, anyone who takes my Lumia or Laptop could see what i have in this cloud, useless !!!

there is no privacy in OneDrive, anyone who takes my Lumia or Laptop could see what i have in this cloud, useless !!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base