OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. implement offline synchronisation for the mobile client

like it is available for the Desktop with the possibility to choose which folders to sync. (or with placeholders and if placeholders: put an icon on the folders if they are available offline and synced, like there is now and another icon if it is not available offline)
    If you want to be productive like a boss wherever you are, you cannot depend on the availability of internet everywhere, so offline storage would be useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. DON'T CHANGE A THING! It's perfect the way it is!

I love Onedrive pretty much just the way it is! I have an extensive family photo/video archive that I share with others and it's absolutely wonderful! For the price, it's the best photo/video archive value around. Please don't change it and ruin it.

I tried the 8.1 Sync Online only feature, and can and have easily done without it. It's silly overhead and a burden. Local hard disc storage is inexpensive and easy to obtain, and rather than Sync Online only, upgrade your silly little computer. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. pin for onedrive is missing in windows phone 10...kindly add this option like it was in onedrive of windows 8.1.

Kindly add an option of pin to open one drive app in windows 10 mobile.
    It's necessary to protect the private data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. take your program shoving and shove it

I suggest you allow people to decide what 'apps' they want to have on their computer or not. I want to uninstall this and other apps that I will never use. I do not want twitter, candy crush, microsoft one, xbox, ect... ect... On installation have a check bow pop up and ASK if these programs are wanted or not. They may do no harm and you might not see how annoying this is but it in my computer and I not you should get to decide what I install on it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sync Online Is Needed...

Sync Online Is Needed... Just To Brows Files... Everytime Downloading All The Data Is Not Possible ....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I got shared some folder with me, but didn't see it got synced immediately, or didn't see any attempt to sync the files as well

I got shared some folder with me, but didn't see it got synced immediately, or didn't see any attempt to sync the files as well. how do I manually sync the shared folder to make sure files are up to date ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice if the font size was the same as the OS.

My Windows phone text size is set to medium which is reflected in most of my apps. Onedrive still has TINY little letters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Upload of files and folders is difficult

I found that uploading complicated structure of folders and files is not straightforward - it would not work. Unless the files are uploaded folder by folder, which is annoying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. virtual machine

allow playing a virtual machine from onedrive.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Синхронизация synchronization

Сделайте синхронизацию с облаком папки: Документы, рисунки, музыка... и другое. Сделайте целиком синхронизацию папки "пользователь". Сделайте возможным бэкап из папки "пользователь"
    Make sync with the cloud folders: Documents, pictures, music ... and more. Make fully synchronized folder "user". Make it possible to backup the folder "user"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How to get RID of it in Windows 10??? (Build 10240, 1511 ...)

I want to get RID of it completely, because I do NOT use it and never WILL use it in the Future! (And I do NOT accept the EXCUSE that it can NOT be uninstalled! MAKE IT POSSIBLE!)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. one note should have passcode.

OneNote should have a password in order to protect user's data. It's essential.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it a Universal App

Make the Windows 10 OneDrive sync application a Universal App, rather than the old-style version in the task bar.

This will be much nicer; a much more consistent user experience on the Windows 10 desktop.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add passcode protection back for Windows 10 Mobile

add passcode protection back for Windows 10 Mobile. Everyone can see my files. thanks

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why the hell isn't there a "SIGN IN" button??? Is that so hard? The new Windows 10 OneDrive is garabage.

A Sign in button so when I change my MS Account PW it doesn't just log me out.

Syncing to my SD card so I can not use system SSD...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. support native playback of .iso files

I made digital backups of my DVD collection and uploaded the .iso files to OneDrive. I would love to be able to playback these files in the Movies & TV or OneDrive app on the Xbox.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OPCAO DE CONFIGURAR ARQUIVOS GRANDES A SEREM BAIXADOS ACEITAR

acho que poderia ser configurado o tamanho dos arquivos a serem baixados na nuvem e não ser uma imposição. existem arquivos que não podem ser reduzidos ou partidos em vários. Tenho o arquivo outlook.pst em uso que tem 16 giga e não é aceito...fica com aquele x vermelho e ai?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base