OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Secure folder for photos

Photos that are pulled from the phone should be able to be moved to a secure folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It does not show the path/properties of the deleted/uploading files!

OneDrive just shows a list of deleted files without the paths and other properties of the deleted/added/uploading/downloading files and folders. (Just name of the files are listed; thus, you don't know the files are belong to which nested folders during uploading/downloading)

You will find these kinds of information/statistics more efficient when you have multiple nested folders, working in a team, and especially a huge number of files.

At least it should provide a useful and clear report about processed files when it syncs the local folder with the cloud.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Name of renamed Teamsites in Onedrive-Client automatically

The local folder has still the old name of a renamed teamsite.

The synchronisation runs, but for getting the new name for the local folder, you must stop the synchronisation, delete the local folder, and synchronize new the renamed teamsite.

It will be great, if the onedrive-client recognize the new name of the teamsite and change the local folder automatically at next start.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extra Warnings from Accidental Deletions of Sync-ed Files, when I'm not the Owner/Creator

When Syncing locally a folder created by another user within the organization. If the person deletes some or all of the folder's contents within Windows, the deletes should not get reflected remotely without various warnings and 'Are you sure?' asked by the one drive app when performing the sync, especially since I am not the same person that created the files in the first place.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If the OneDrive sync app is abnormally terminated, you should detect it in a message box, pop-up message, etc.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリが異常終了した場合、メッセージボックスやポップアップメッセージ等で検知するようにしてほしい。

If the OneDrive sync app is abnormally terminated, you should detect it in a message box, pop-up message, etc.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期アプリが異常終了した場合、いち早く認識できるようにメッセージボックスやポップアップメッセージ等で検知する追加機能の実装を希望します。。

If the OneDrive sync app is abnormally terminated, please add a function to detect it with a message box, pop-up message, etc. so that you can recognize it as soon as possible.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it so that 2 “OneDrive” folders don’t appear in Explorer after using the sync client

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントを利用したあと、エクスプローラー上に "OneDrive" フォルダが 2 つ表示されないようにしてほしい。
    Make it so that 2 “OneDrive” folders don’t appear in Explorer after using the sync client

■Description(内容):
    同期クライアントを利用したあと、エクスプローラー上に "OneDrive" フォルダが 2 つ表示されないようにしてほしい。
    ・ OneDrive
    ・ OneDrive for Business
    のフォルダが表示される場合があるが、利用中のサービスのみの表示にしてほしい。

Make it so that 2 “OneDrive” folders don’t appear in Explorer after using the sync client.
    ・ OneDrive
    ・ OneDrive for Business
    There are times when both of these appear, so please make it so only the service in use’s folder appears.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive está mais de 5 minutos a procurar alterações, não permitindo o funcionamento do computador.

É indescritível, o OneDrive estar constantemente a procurar alterações e, desse modo lesando o Utilizador do computador em relação ao iniciar qualquer tarefa.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exluding folders/syncing selected folders.

It would very handy you can select some local folders and make them a Onedrive folder whitout moving them to the Onedrive library. I have a "mother"computer were everyting is saved and orginised and it would be really handy to enter certain folders from my chromebook.
    a sort of sulution is the back up function, but in my opinion this is way to massive. you can only select the complete documents folder were there are a lot of folders and documents that i don't want to put in my onedrive.
    also some software linked folders are locked and onedrive gives…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Selecting backups when starting to sync with OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期開始時のバックアップ選択について
    Selecting backups when starting to sync with OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントにて、同期初回設定時に "フォルダーをバックアップ" 画面が表示され、デスクトップ・ドキュメント・写真フォルダーを同期するか選択するような動作に変更された。
    データロスト防止の観点から、誤って同期しないようにしたいので、以前のような動作に変更する機能を追加してほしい。

When carrying out the initial syncing settings on the OneDrive client, the “Backup folders” screen is now displayed, and you can select whether or not to sync the Desktop, Documents or Photos folders.
    From the standpoint of aiming to prevent data loss, we would like to prevent users from accidentally failing to sync these, so please add a way to set the client to work as it did previously.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Este aplicativo está funcionar muito mal.

Retarda o funcionamento do Windows comprometendo seriamente o normal funcionamento deste Notebook/Laptop.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Request to implement a function to control other users from accessing the OneDrive for Business sync folder on shared devices

■Title(件名):
    共有端末において、 他のユーザーが OneDrive for Business の同期フォルダーへアクセスさせないよう制御する機能の実装要望

Request to implement a function to control other users from accessing the OneDrive for Business sync folder on shared devices

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business を同期すると既定で C ドライブに同期フォルダーが作成され、認証なしでアクセスできてしまう。
    共有端末のため、他のユーザーが認証なしで同期フォルダーへアクセスできないよう、機能の拡充を希望いたします。

When you sync OneDrive for Business, a sync folder is created on the C drive by default, and you can access it without authentication.
    Since it is a shared terminal, we would like to expand the functions so that other users cannot access the sync folder without authentication.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. extend the list of recently synced files

On desktop, when left-clicking the OneDrive icon in the task tray a list of the recently synced files appears. This list is limited to show only the last 100 synced files.

I suggest to give users the possibility to change that limit to a custom number, or with some options like the following:
    - show only the files synced in the last 24 hours
    - show only the last X synced files (where X is any whole number given by the user)
    - show all synced files since startup

I would personally find very useful be to be able to…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i think do somethink 5G network for this i3 double cord

please do some think 5G network for this desktop i3 doul core 5G not support why please do some think

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow update when shutting down & Pause while in use.

OneDrive causes problems to some programs by constantly trying to update. I would like OneDrive to pause on Restart and ask to resume as a shutdown function. This way, when work is completed, Shutdown-Yes I want to update OneDrive-Computer will shutdown when up to date-Next Boot will Pause OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Imporve Sync.

It is never connected and when trying to connect it gives the blue circle of death for hours. I dont have hours i need a minute.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sincronizar otras unidades de almacenamiento

No entiendo por que aun no se incorpora la opción de sincronizar otras unidades de discos que no seas la C. Ojala que sea tomada en cuenta mi sugerencia que muchos la estamos pidiendo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show thumbnails when using "Files on demand"

As mentioned we need thumbnails to show when using files on demand. In my case looking for thumbnails for solidworks and autocad which do show when not suing files on demand.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync OneNote notebook file to desktop, rather than shortcut

This would allow OneNote (Store App) users to back up notebooks in a straightforward way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base