OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 個人保存庫

我認為新增功能 "個人保存庫" 非常的好,不過卻有一個困擾,就是自動鎖定的時間20分鐘太短了,希望可以自行設定本次開啟"個人保存庫"的時間

舉例:我今天上船大量檔案至個人保存庫,可是卻無法放著讓它自行上傳,必須每20分鐘點擊一次開啟保存庫,實在太費時間。

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unsync files once they haven't been used in (90?) days

Files on demand is amazing, but we have users that will only ever use a file once (a shift handover sheet where a new file is created every shift which is twice a day), it would be good if there was a number that could be set (for example 90), where if a file hadn't been used within that time period it would be unsynced from the users device.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose additional folders to automatically backup

I love the feature that backs up my Windows Libraries! Can you add the ability to include the Downloads, Music, and Videos folders in the backup? Also, the ability to select which of the six folders (i.e. Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos) would be great.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I hope I can make Chinese people upgrade Onedrive storage space, when we open the upgrade link show 404.

I hope I can make Chinese people upgrade Onedrive storage space, when we open the upgrade link show 404

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Storage Capacity.

Due to less storage capacity I don't use one drive. I use Google drive and Dropbox. Dropbox gives me 25GB free data storage capacity. I think 5GB from onedrive is nothing. So increase storage capacity for increase users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Regarding the OneDrive for Business “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” setting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の設定 "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" について
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” setting

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の設定 "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" について
    Windows 画面下部に表示される OneDrive for Busines アイコンを右クリックし設定項目を開くと "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" のチェックがありますが、この項目は OneDrive for Business から 200 項目以上削除した際に表示されるメッセージの表示有無を設定可能と確認いたしました。
    "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" という項目名では 1 項目からでも設定できるように判断される可能性があるため、項目名の改善もしくは説明が記載されることを要望致します。
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” setting
    There is a “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” checkbox that appears in the setting options when you right click on the OneDrive for Business icon in the bottom of the Windows screen, and I have confirmed…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. personal vault pin

Rather than unlocking personal vault using email why not use a pin? i have my alternative email account on my PC and i need it there. so basically anyone using my PC can get into the vault pretty easy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. lifetime payment

Opcion de pago de por vida. No solo mensual. Opcion de pago de por vida también de 50gb o de 200gb. (Para alentar a empezar)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive for Business prompted login, like Teams

When setting up Group Policy for domain joined machines to silently or prompted do a Known Folder Move, OneDrive sits in the task bar and does nothing until someone logs in.

Teams pops up incessantly requiring people to log in.

OneDrive should do the same thing.

The problem is, the folder move does not occur unless the user knows to click in the task bar, click on the OneDrive icon, and do a manual login.

SSO doesn't work, apparently the machines need to be Azure Active Directory joined as well as domain joined, which seems redundant.

I could see the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a suggestion. How about you make onedrive work on Windows 10? I have tried all solutions, and I am tired of Onedrive freezing!!!

So, I would expect OneDrive to work flawless on PC Windows, and for my surprise, it works on my Mac, on my ipad, but not in my Windows 10. Simply useless, freezes every time. I have tried everything, from installing again to other options. What a piece of ****!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix "Free Up Space" greyed out for Files On-Demand

With the "File On-Demand" settings activated, the option "Free up space" from the Windows Explorer contextual menu is grayed out on parent directories.
    However, it is available for individual files.

This happens if the "Free up space" has been already clicked once on a given directory. After adding files (locally available), the option is grayed out on this directory, although some children files are available locally (thus space not "freed up").

Steps to reproduce the error:

1/ Create a directory, e.g. OneDrive/test

2/ In this directory, create a file, e.g. OneDrive/test/file1.txt

3/ Wait for the OneDrive sync to end.

4/…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Feature - by which a normal user can see all the file types which are excluded from sync/backup by the admin.

Feature - by which a normal user can see all the file types which are excluded from sync/backup by the admin.

At this moment, the normal can not see all the file types which are excluded from the sync/backup by the admin in their desktop client. The user will directly see an error message that the file is not syncing, "name or file type is not allowed".

The same feature is available in the Syncplicity. I appreciate it if you add this feature in the OneDrive too similar to the Syncplicity.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enterprise Installation - Fix insecure installation and allow centralise management

The current OneDriveSetup spawns numerous processes in the user context even when initiated using a trusted installer like SCCM. This includes, command prompts, icacls granting read rights to the security service and random powershell. For companies using products to prevent standard users executing unknown software or commandline tools this gives a **** of a management headache! Can we tie the spawning processes into the original calling process rather than running as the currently logged on user please?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In OneDrive there is a limit of file path which allows only 260 characters. This killing our file storage structure. It should support more

In OneDrive there is a limit of file path which allows only 260 characters. This killing our file storage structure. It should support more character or count file name as path not all folders.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wrong SYNC direction after Windows Restore

After Windows restore, local Onedrive files restored from the old backup are considered NEWER than the Cloud ones. As effect, the sync is completed in the wrong direction, from local to Cloud.
    TESTED also DROPBOX. After Windows Restore, the cloud files are master, so Dropbox works fine.

I repeat the scenario:

Use Windows backup or any other backup tool to backup the System volume, where local OneDrive folder is synced with the cloud as Office 365 business account.
    Continue using OneDrive for Business synced with Office 365 business account.
    IF RESTORE the system volume from windows backup, the files and…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show "shared libraries" in File Explorer

OneDrive web shows a list of Shared Libraries. I would love to see these libraries in Windows File Explorer in a folder under the OneDrive folder. It would be great to navigate these folders and see the content without downloading / syncing the files, with the option to sync if required. I believe this would help user adoption as a lot of users are comfortable with Explorer, but not using the web interface. Optionally, we could just do this for Followed sites.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please increase the storage limits across the OneDrive for business subscription plans.

Free OneDrive personal accounts are allowed 5GB of storage, but the Office 365 F1 licenses (THAT OUR COMPANY PAYS FOR) are only allowed 2GB of storage. This is not enough space for most users. Please increase this storage limitation for your paying customers. At least increase it to the same amount that you provide to your non-paying customers.

Thank you.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Personal Vault is not available offline

It would be nice to be able to access the files in Personal Vault while offline. (After some testing with the network disconnected, it appears that I cannot.) I like the security aspect, but I would also like to be access my files when I'm in places with no WiFi or horribly expensive roaming.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Personal Vault shouldn't be limited

The 3-file limit on the newly-introduced Personal Vault should be removed.

Show good faith to your free users by removing this limit. No-one is going to pay for OneDrive for this option. Instead, you should protect the files of your users around the world (by means of the ransomware protection) without charging for this functionality.

Do this for free, with no limitations, and you will garner loyal users. Making this a pay-only option (for more than 3 files) will push users into the Hate Microsoft camp.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Vacation Mode:

During vacation, I do not want to recieve data from my company (SharePoint libraries, (Team Sites, Groups, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business). I only will sync OneDrive Consumer.

So I need a button, to switch off /on

Add: If you have a second tenant, I want to decide this for each tenat seperatly

Remarks: at this time you only switch On/off all together

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base