OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. copy the custom.dic file to the cloud so it can be downloaded to all computers on an Office 365 plan

The Custom.dic feature is a powerful tool to help convert simple mnemonics and abbreviations to words or even full sentences. The feature is machine specific, and does not transfer those special meanings to the cloud, so all of the machines can access them. It is a reasonably straightforward programming issue, so why not make it available?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Work on One Drive Stability

Under Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro v1 OneDrive hangs and crashes. Quit using it as a primary store after trying to save a Visio doc and losing it due to a hang.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Managing Photos in OneDrive

Have the option to split the OneDrive Screen when managing pictures. This would make drag and dropping selected pics into albums so much easier and save time. Having to go back and forth from Camera Roll or All pictures to the Albums makes one lose their place, and since the photo in Camera roll remains in Camera roll even after moving, it makes it difficult to know which pictures have been placed in albums.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive should start with Files on Demand set to cloud only

After years of systems having more and more local storage, most new laptops and tablets now have much less storage. A 256GB drive is now on the high end. A user can have up to 1TB of OneDrive storage, which if it is downloaded locally, would easily fill the local storage and lock up the device.
    Having each user that is set up on the computer start with all OneDrive folders in the cloud only would prevent this.
    If the system detects the existence of a secondary drive or SD card, it should ask the user if they would like…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please read very carefully, as users have to do nowadays: I only wanted to use Onedrive as backup incidentally

Since years I do read texts during installations very carefully.
    I did NOT give permission to sync MY files, pictures, etc. on onedrive.
    Just noticed that this stupid little cloud icon was activated again (yes, I am angry).
    All I need is to backup some files and projects so now and then.
    Any application should be clear to use or at least as clear as possible. Check and recheck the terminology!
    What happened:
    - Used dropbox for several years as backup.
    - New laptop: dropbox started syncing; impossible to return to the backup
    functionality.
    - Started using onedrive, paying for…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Issue: Tray icon indicates errors on MS Office-generated filenames

The error indicator in the tray icon should ignore system-generated files, including temporary Office files. I had a perpetual "2 items can't be synched" message, but after clicking through to the report, it indicated All files are up to date." It took running the repair tool to discover that the only 2 files with issues were temporary MS-Office files, which use invalid chars in their naming ("~$<filename>.<ext>"). Once the repair tool renamed the files and the system was restarted, the tray icon returned to normal. A case was opened with PSS, who recommended reporting to UserVoice although this is a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Upgrade to next gen client - just ship the new client !

The process for upgrading onedrive 'classic' (groove.exe) to onedrive 'nextgen' is a complete mess. Why, oh why, can Microsoft not just sort it out at source by putting the new version into Office365 C2R media ??

I'm currently working on a rollout of windows 10 (1803) deploying Office365 C2R. I'm deploying using the monthly channel - so currently deploying build 1803. For some mental reason Microsoft are deploying 'groove.exe' with Office365, and leaving IT staff faced with a stupid process of having to re-deploy the new next-gen client and force the take over. There's a whole mess of GPO settings…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Compact option for tray meny suitable for screen resolutions less than Full HD

Sir, I often use a screen size of 1024*768 for testing to ensure everything looks OK and one of the most annoying aspects of working in this resolution is the completely out of this world size of the OneDrive tray menu, which when activated fills up half of the screen with MEGA SIZED fonts and no meaningful use of all that space.

Not everyone will have a 4K screen so a "compact" option may be a simple to implement and welcome idea for many.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync issue with on desktop unlimited files and folders

I have an issue that I cant sync more than 10000 items per document library either in one drive or sharepoint. it gives syncing errors if they are more 10000.

I want unlimited folder and files items in each library.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. filter

OneDrive needs to have filtering for photos. Meaning I should be able to see what photos are already in albums and which ones aren't for organization purposes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug in Bugs

Hallo liebes OneDrive Team!
    Die OneDrive Software für Windows ist meine Meinung nicht gut genug.
    - Es gibt keine (schnell auffinbare) deutsche Support Seite.

• Die OneDrive Aplikation hat viele Bugs. Einige davon:
      -- Die Synchronisierung wird nicht abgeschlossen. Der Ordner wird angezeit al waäre dieser nur auf dem Coputer verfügbar. Und nicht Immer Vefügbar.
      -- Die Position vom Icon menü im system tray ist störend und unschön. es wird nicht oberhalb von der Start Leiste angezeigt sondern höher.

Es hat micht sehr entäuscht und verärgert diese Software zu nutzen.
    Bitte bessert die Bugs aus und testet eure Software vor der…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I delete roaming profile from windows it deleted all my files in skydive online. Simply unacceptable!

User need to warn or sky drive shouldn't attempt to sync online when user profile removed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. make it work

I have lost data you said I would not lose. I filled in an entire doc related to a pending divorce and it deleted/overwrote EVERYTHING then syced it so it was deleted everywhere. Yet when I make changes I actually need sycned, nothing happens. This is a horrible product right now

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make it work

I have lost data you said I would not lose. I filled in an entire doc related to a pending divorce and it deleted/overwrote EVERYTHING then synced it so it was deleted everywhere. Yet when I make changes I actually need synced, nothing happens. This is a horrible product right now

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sloooow

It is working very slow , I do not recommend one drive.It will take an ages to open existing folders with pictures and upload is as well very slow .I'm free user and I was thinking about paying but not anymore. I was using one drivery on many different computers and Internet connections bur still it was working slow.Donow use that !!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. No user notification if OneDrive has been disabled by policy

When OneDrive gets disabled via Group Policy with the "HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive\DisableFileSyncNGSC" key, if anyone attempts to execute OneDrive.exe it simply closes without any message or log being recorded.

I would like to see some user feedback if they attempt to run OneDrive.exe that it has been disabled by corporate policy. Otherwise it just appears as if OneDrive is broke.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Accumulate and compress

I noticed that the speed of OD is OK for large files but it gets extremely slow for small files (web, node, app, js projects etc where you have 30,0000 files in 20 or so MB). Wouldn't it be possible for the app to compress, transfer and decompress? I think other services do that, or at least something along those lines.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop notifying me that I can save money by switching to yearly

Please stop notifying me endless times that I can save money by switching to yearly, it's really, really annoying. It's annoying to a point that I will cancel OneDrive altogether if I can't make it go away.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base