OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update OneDrive Windows client so the "provide feedback" link points to uservoice

After the latest update I got a pop up message from OneDrive telling me that my files are synchronized (yeah!) and that I need to upgrade to Office 365 (I already am using O365). I decided to click on the help -> provide feedback link in that pop up. It brought me to https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/category/86087-windows and a message that the forum was closed and that I needed to go to onedrive.uservoice.com to pick a forum.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. customise the name of a onedrive connection

We use various onedrives in our company and it would be great if we could customise the name of the folder in Explorer. I have 4 onedrives connected and they are listed as companyname, companyname (1), companyname (2) etc. which is very confusing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Replace "Always keep on this drive" with "Exempt from Files on Demand"

Some apps need constant synch. If you have one, you cannot use Files on demand! Using "Always keep on this drive" doesn't help

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can it be uploaded automatically every other time?

Can onedrive be uploaded automatically every other time?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. At initial setup STOP if file conflict present

Add a feature to ASK THE USER WHAT TO DO before implementing default rules for handling file conflicts.
    I'm syncing a particular network folder to two machines.
    Before asking me, onedrive created tons of duplicate files.
    Now after stopping sync (to tame this disaster) I'm not able to change the settings because the first sync did not finish.
    So now I literally have no way to prevent a mass data corruption.
    Seriously guys, what were you thinking? (or smoking?)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable sharing of files in the Recent list for Windows Phone.

The Recent files list is GREAT. I use it all the time on my PC. However, why can I only download or open files from there? I really want to share files, and sometimes you have a file that's buried deep within folders. I ended up sending it as an attachment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. disable

Need to be able to permanently disable the Constant Notifications that OneDrive is 'only' 90% full.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Another functionality to browse folders when uploading/downloading files from Windows Store apps

When browsing folders for uploading or downloading files from Windows Store style apps (e.g., Internet Explorer), the browsing page normally starts at the root OneDrive directory, and the problem is that since Photo Upload functionality in the past created a photo album folder at the root note, now there're so many folders that I've to scroll away to find the applicable folder for uploading or downloading files.

I'm sure there're many customers suffering from this issue. Therefore, I'd like to request the OneDrive team to develop some functionalities like search within browsing page or tree structure like File Explorer.

Thanks…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back animations to the app

The new update has no WP flip animations when diving into folders. They were great for usability, a visual metaphor for going deeper into the folders and flipping back up from them. Now it's just clunky as the interface changes with no animation. Another lovely backwards step brought over by your Android loving staff? Why don't you just get it over with and go work for Android if you love bad design so much?

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make onenote pin protected

In onenote we have so many file n some r very important to us n we don't want to share it so if d onenote is pin protected it gives us additional layer of protection pls make it pin protected

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a setting to select Music and Videos to be saved to OneDrive by default.

Similar to how one can choose for Documents and Photos to be saved to OneDrive instead of "This PC"

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Program Files

Create Program Files(+settings) so applications can sync its state, and settings across different machines. For example: If I add podcast to iTunes it will be available on other machine, or if I create preset in lightroom it would be ready on second machine.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tighter security (or info about what is being accessed) and a system-wide login

As someone who practices good password doctrine, and likes having 2FA, I'm happy that MS supports both. However, currently any app that you want to allow access to OneDrive on the phone asks you to enter your email+password+2FA*. As far as I can tell, after that the app seems to have carte blanche as to what it can do on your OneDrive.

• The app for which happens to be on my phone.

First, I suggest that apps are forced to tell whether they do or don't have carte blanche on the OneDrive service. I would also suggest that they be…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Freeze

Stop freezing accounts for no reason.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ADD refresh buttom

Uáááá! ADD buttom refresh ! It say "OneDrive is actual. Last actualization 4 hours ago" really? 4 hours ago" and it say to me it is actual?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. improve your sync feature. it is very disapointing and troublesome to use compare to dropbox

i'm a previous dropbox user and recently switched to one drive for more than a month now. I noticed that onedrive always have problem sync with microsoft files especially words and power point. the sync is so troublesome that it prevents me from uploading the latest changes file to onedrive. Dropbox is a third party storage provider and it does the syncing better than your current one drive does. it always upload latest file without fail. please improve on this sync problem as it is costing me a lot of time.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Store OneDrive folders in different local storage places (external drive and local machine and any combo of this).

I think it would be helpful if OneDrive allowed folders to be stored locally on more than one storage device. I would have some things stored from an external drive, and some locally. Why? Because on units like the surface pro 3, we cannot give up all of our space, and we do not want to redownload a file everytime to use it. I dock my SP3 at work, and then that is where an external drive would come in handy, but there are certain files that need to be on the machine.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to install a specific version of OneDrive

It would be nice to have the ability to install a specific version of OneDrive just like they have for Office 365 Click to Run. This would help when we troubleshoot issues. That way we can identify when the issue actually started and give exact information to Microsoft.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base