OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Personal Vault shouldn't be limited

The 3-file limit on the newly-introduced Personal Vault should be removed.

Show good faith to your free users by removing this limit. No-one is going to pay for OneDrive for this option. Instead, you should protect the files of your users around the world (by means of the ransomware protection) without charging for this functionality.

Do this for free, with no limitations, and you will garner loyal users. Making this a pay-only option (for more than 3 files) will push users into the Hate Microsoft camp.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Personal Vault

Will OneDrive Personal Vault be also available to enterprise clients/users thought their O365?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vacation Mode:

During vacation, I do not want to recieve data from my company (SharePoint libraries, (Team Sites, Groups, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business). I only will sync OneDrive Consumer.

So I need a button, to switch off /on

Add: If you have a second tenant, I want to decide this for each tenat seperatly

Remarks: at this time you only switch On/off all together

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive folder should automatically be renamed on tenant name change

Tenant's name can be changed after company merge/acquisition or due to other reasons. If admin changes companie's name in Admin center this is only reflected for new users. Doing this change with scripts (uninstalling OneDrive, rename folder, install again) is cumbersome, takes time and is error prone. OneDrive should be smarter and adjust to tenant's name.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. do not use serif types like 宋体, especially Chinese types, the characters are too thin to see

do not use serif types like 宋体, especially Chinese types, the characters are too thin to see. USE BLACK TYPE PLEASE !

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlight text

This 'idea' is really not unique to Onedrive but is pervasive throughout Microsoft. I submit that no screen should be rendered such that it is impossible to click/highlight text in order to copy/paste into a subsequent message, text, email, document, ...

Over and over and over - I have the need to discuss what I am viewing on my screen. EXACTLY what I am viewing on my screen. The easy way to do that is to highlight it, copy it, and paste it into whatever discussion I am having. The hard way is to get a split screen (so I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unshare multiple

I have a few hundreds folders and files shared over time, I want to remove the share from them. There are no easy way to select multiple shared items and unshare them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us more control!

I believe the one thing that makes me detest Windows more than anything is that the developers treat end users like little children. I logged in to my OneDrive online yesterday. Little did I know that OneDrive started up on my Desktop and began sending all of my **** files up to OneDrive! ASK ME IF THAT'S WHAT I WANT INSTEAD OF JUST DOING IT! I finally figured out how to turn off OneDrive on my Desktop. Then I had to go to OneDrive online and delete all my **** files it had sent up WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! I then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Companies using OD-Sync as a PC backup, should have a way to prevent users from turning off Sync on these folders.

As a large enterprise with a lot of important files we need to implement a PC backup solution. OneDrive Sync is a perfect solution. However, we don't want users to have the ability to turn off "Protect Important Folders". They should be allowed to sync/un-sync other folders but we should have a way to mandate certain local folders to sync up to OneDrive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More metadata for Files On Demand placeholders

Files On-Demand doesn't sync a bunch of different metadata like tags and datetaken for photos. This means that if you needed to find all photos with no date taken metadata for example you have to download everything, do the search and then free up space.

It would be great if we could sync more metadata for the placeholders. The best scenario would be to just sync all metadata so there's no difference in what we can search for and change with placeholders. If that's not possible either adding common tags for things like photos, music, and documents would be good.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow multiple personal OneDrive Accounts on each Device

It’s great being able to sync both my personal and business OneDrive accounts on each of my devices. We have several family members that share a single computer, but we are unable to have multiple personal accounts open at once. It would be great if multiple accounts could be open and synced at once.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need onedrive run as a service in windows server so that it would run even though you are sign out from the server

Need onedrive run as a service in windows server so that it would run even though you are sign out from the server

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow moving shared folders

After using the web interface to "Add to my OneDrive" a folder that was shared with me, I would like to move it to a non-root location within my OneDrive. The root directory becomes very cluttered otherwise. This should work in a similar way to the existing functionality in Dropbox.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Solution for "You may be experiencing a temporary sync delay due to high service activity"

Please provide information about what the user or IT team can do to address high service activity.

The preference is to never have this block in our workflow. When it happens, it's not known how we can take action to mitigate it.

You may be experiencing a temporary sync delay due to high service activity

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On the one drive client any possibility to display various file types on files on demand for differentiating locally available

Instead of reminding users what each icon means any other better way to display them ?may be show additional column value ?or hover over shows more information?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make recent download/upload files draggable without opening containing folders

Allow dragging or opening of files directly from the one drive download upload list without having to open or search the folder.

I often upload pictures from my phone to add to emails on my desktop. It would be nice if we could simply drag and drop like normal files from the one drive download, upload list.

A similar and more direct solution that solves the same problem is to add any one drive recently downloaded files to the Attach File > Recent Items list in Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow OneNote access from Personal Vault

Personal Vault is an excellent innovation. However, it's only really useful for images as Office etc files cannot be opened into their respective clients.

Many of us keep large amounts of sensitive information in OneNote and there is a compelling need to be able to access a secure OneNote from within the Personal vault, especially on mobile devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base