OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Seeing Recipients When Sharing

In a recent update, the field for the recipients now scrolls to the left, which makes it difficult to review who you are sharing a file with. This field used to be larger and recipients would be added below each time. That made it easier to review recipients before sharing. The current view is difficult to see them. I recommend reverting to the prior view or expanding this field to make it easier to review on the screen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. như buồi

như buồi

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 系统还原后,使用学校邮箱登入,选择之前用过的文件夹继续使用onedrive,资源管理器里硬是多个onedrive文件夹,不管怎么弄都是两个,

系统还原后,使用学校邮箱登入,选择之前用过的文件夹继续使用onedrive,资源管理器里硬是多个onedrive文件夹:一个文件夹是OneDrive,还一个文件夹是OneDrive - xxxx.***.xx,不管怎么弄都是两个,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I hate OneDrive, why can't I disable.

I hate OneDrive, why can't I disable. Remove it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I do not want to sync every file because I have too many, I just want to sync some of them.

It would be great if you give the option to sync only some of the files in the device, that way we can choose which files are going to be synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent OneDrive from syncing without permission / Restore option

I hate the way OneDrive just goes ahead and syncs files on my computer without asking, or even letting me know it's doing it..!

How about it actually asks permission before sending my files off to the cloud?
    If I want to move stuff there I'll do it myself thanks.. I need my data stored locally - especially for certain programs to work properly..!
    And a restore/revert option (to the original location) to undo the pig's ear that Windows 10 has made of my computer. Thanks a bunch Microsoft!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive Needs your Attention - Removed Files

I've been cleaning old files that are no longer useful. Sometime later I get the "OneDrive needs your Attention" notice and I click it, to find that I have just deleted 900+ files. I know I just erased many files, but 900??? Did I ***** up and sent an entire folder to trash? Your gut clenches and you ponder about RESTORING EVERYTHING (and your cleanup work time goes down the drain) or finding up what happened, what got erased??? And we do not get this option.

I hope we can get an option of having a "1-click" solution that takes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No use for this

I really wish Microsoft would stop trying to push this stuff on me. I'm pretty sure I uninstalled OneDrive or at least disabled it after I installed windows but now I'm seeing a little cloud on the taskbar. I guess an update brought it back.

Please stop trying to force this stuff on people. Not everyone wants it, in fact, I pretty sure almost no one wants it.

It's wasting a small amount of my computers resources when it's running even though I've never had anything to do with it. Anyone who would use it would be wasting electricity by…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to buy a degree certificate online

A friend suggested I go to buyfakeDiploma.com and when I spoke to their staff they did show me the diploma I needed https://www.buyfakediploma.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Poderia ter uma forma de colocar um lembrete para as pessoas lembrarem de atualizar a planilha, algumas esquecem.

Na hora de fazer o compartilhamento com uma determinada pessoa poderia ter como configurar um lembrete diário, onde se a pessoa não fizer a atualização diária, semanal ou mensal da forma que foi configurado ela fica recebendo notificações no Emil para fazer as atualizações das planilhas compartilhadas.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 게정및이메일

본인이outlook.com과kr의차이로기존의kr.의게정을com으로사용을할수가없는것인지요?또한당사의outlook.kr로당사의보낸메[일은주신되는데왜당사의메일게정을가지고잇음에도그메일은활용을못하고지금과같이네이버메일을이용할수박에없는것인가요?본인이outlook.kr의게정이4개등록이되어잇는데도사요을못하니만든들무슨소용이잇겟습니까?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use System File Copy for locally synced files

If you try to copy more than 300.00 files(from the documentation, the actual limit seems to be around 50.000 to 100.000) from the LOCAL OneDrive storage - e.g. from your local Documents folder that is backed up/synced with one drive - even though all files are synced, you cannot copy the folder.

This is because one drive has a file copy limit and it will use its own copy instead of the System Copy. What makes this a lot worse is that there is not even an error message displayed, the file copy will just look like its running for…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Having the ability to choose not to sync pictures and videos

If you have a lot of files in the cloud and you want to sync only excel, PDFs, and so on. But you do not want to sync large videos and pictures. Having the option to NOT sync specific file types would have been great!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sense when files are open and being changed by an app and automatically pause synching those files

OneDrive currently (Build 21.150....) wastes a lot of CPU time and network bandwidth by syncing files while they are being modified by desktop apps like Quicken.

If there is a good reason I don't know about to sync open files, then OneDrive should give users the option to specify apps where the files they should not be synced until closed.

This is different from the many suggestions that users have the option to move large files to the end of the sync queue while they are being synced. For example, this suggestion is that EVERY time an application (or at…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. “Sync As <Name>” Option

This option would allow users to sync folders from OneDrive with a specific folder name. This would be comparable to git-clone, where by default the folder is synced with its original name (sync) and if a name is supplied that name will be the local name for the synced folder (sync as).

This feature would benefit business users with deep folder structures and lengthy organization names that generate even longer synced folder names.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change how OneDrive works

As it is now, OneDrive syncs everything in the folder "Documents" even the shortcuts on the desktop. There is a lot of files being saved on OneDrive, that cant be used anywhere els, than on that device. Like game saves, small downloads, and other stuff that are only eing used by a program on that computer. This takes up a lot of space, and network traffic.

It should have been made differently from the beginning, where the user selects witch folder, and files should be backed up.
    As it is now, the user risks loosing files, due to a full…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. STOP F*CKING FORCING THIS PIECE OF SH*T APP ON STARTUP... ******* IMBECILIC HUMAN BEINGS...

STOP FCKING FORCING THIS PIECE OF SHT APP ON STARTUP... ******* IMBECILIC HUMAN BEINGS...DON'T YOU GET IT THAT 99% OF THE PEOPLE WON'T AND WILL NEVER USE YOUR WORTHLESS STINKY APP?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. korean

When I download file from IOS to Windows, Korean latter break into single latter

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base