OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like that on the Microsoft website (in the account of each user) there is an option to order a physical photo album

Choose Onedrive photos that you want and order optional physical album with collaboration and some company to make it and send it, or something like that.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive x64 installed version identifier

I have just installed the insider build of OneDrive x64 v21.062.0328.0001 onto my computer and while the installation was a simple and running the installer, there is no way to confirm which version is installed i.e. x86 or x64.

When checking Control Panel or Apps and Features there is no way to differentiate between the two versions and build numbers do now show this information

It would be a great idea that when x64 build of OneDrive is installed that Control Panel and Apps and Feature show Microsoft OneDrive x86 or x64

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Misleading Message on Unlink Account for OneDrive on PC.

The pop up message is misleading. it say "Your onedrive files will stop syncing. Locally available files will remain on this device while online only files will be removed."

The files on the online will stays. it will not be remove and instead, it is the files on your PC that will be removed.

Please correct this pop up message to avoid confusion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add a user storage preview

So i downloaded onedrive from ms store and when i open it i dont see my storage. i can see it but its hard and i need to dig a lot of settings to get it . so it will be really helpful if microsoft adds onedrive storage in the windows app so that everyone can see it easily without digging so much settings. The screenshot of onedrive desktop is given below. As you can see there isnt any option where it shows storage left. So i want the storage left showing beside the account icon. It will help a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your Product names STILL create user confusion.

Change the names of OneDrive and OneDrive for Business to two separate independent names as even now the versions confuse users. For instance, it's WinDrive and 365Drive or 10Drive and BDrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keine Automatische Synchronisation des Dektops mit OneDrive

Es sollte eine Option geben, keine automatische Synchronisation der Dateien zu haben, so dass Dateien gezielt auf OneDrive hochgeladen werden können und der Speicherplatz nicht passiv verbraucht wird.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Onedrive windows10 app hasn't login during last few days on my computer.

Hi, I have used Onedrive as a company office365 account. it worked very well. But it just wait at login screen and can't login actually. I rebooted my computer and removed some firewall sw but still not working. but I can login into onedrive and can use Onedrive with web browser. Login problem only occurs in Windows10 Onedrive app. please help me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For synchronized SharePoint libraries where folders have been disabled, don't allow creating folders in the synced folder

Sometimes we have carefully crafted libraries with metadata, documentsets etc. where we disabled the new folder button because the metadata is leading.
    If these libraries are synchronized users can easily add new folders. Can the creation or syncing of locally created folders be disabled when the sharepoint library is set to not allow the creation of new folder?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive is so bad

It's literaely very bad and it make my folder dissapear

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow for Working with "Albums" locally Within Explorer

I don't like the fact that windows explorer shows my file structure but not "albums." and that I have to go online to move files into the "albums." Please give us a way to set a folder as an "album" and work with tiles locally in explorer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Not User Friendly

It's REALLY hard to use OneDrive because of the limited and complicated options. And the way it automatically syncs unnecessary files and the instructions doesn't make any sense. Also the free OneDrive has only little storage provided.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. stop spamming me about storage, just stop, I DONT WANT TO BUY ONEDRIVE PREMIUM

stop spamming me about storage, just stop, I DONT WANT TO BUY ONEDRIVE PREMIUM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have an option to synchronise any folder in any of hard drives with a folder in OneDrive

Independent of the location of the folder on my PC, I would like to synchronize the content with a folder on my OneDrive. In other words, I do not want to use the local One Drive for synchronization.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 登录不上

登录不上

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a feature to set a maximum files being uploaded at once and prioritizing based on size

Add a feature to set a maximum files being uploaded at once, ex: uploading 1 file at a time.

Prioritizing based on size, ex: upload the smallest file first.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mark all folders for deletion an sync them at once not file by file

I deleted around 65 folders at once. Instead of all of them to be synced and marked as deleted and deleted form my local storage, their subfolders are crawled and each file is synced one by one.

This operation is taking now hours, as we are speaking of more than 25k files. Instead, this could have taken 1-2 minutes.

This REALLY WOW.

I am programmer and I can't believe that this is implemented that way... REALLY

Hire a decent someone to implement it for a couple of hours instead of 100 "guru"s to code it one month and work like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Segregate One Drive by device

I have one Office 365 Account and 2 Laptops both backing up to One Drive. What i would like to do is to have separate back up folders for each of my laptops rather than everying being lumped into one folder, documents for example. This sketch may explain

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a User, I want to assign a higher upload priority to a file or folder so that I can move it to the cloud immediately.

Quite often, I need to share some files with my colleagues while OneDrive is looking for changes and uploading new files to cloud storage.
    The process of looking for changes takes a while. Moreover, by default OneDrive itself determines what should be uploaded first.
    I want to be able to assign a top upload priority to the files that I need in the cloud ahead of anything else rather heavy and probably occupied by a running process, such as a Lightroom catalog backup.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base