OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Jděte do prdele i s tím vaším Onedrive

Jděte do prdele i s tím vaším Onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ■Title(件名): アクセス権を剥奪したり、同期自体解除したときの動作について。

■Title(件名):
    アクセス権を剥奪したり、同期自体解除したときの動作について。

About the operation when the access right is deprived or the synchronization itself is canceled.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive の同期クライアントを利用している環境にて、アクセス権を剥奪し、同期自体を解除しても、一度ダウンロードしたファイルはエクスプローラー上から削除できない動きとなります。
    同期という意味ではクライアント側からもファイルやフォルダーが自動的に削除されるべきと考えています。

権限変更などを行った際、手動でクライアント側を調整するのはとても手間に感じます。
    自動で削除される機能を強く要望します。

In the environment where the OneDrive synchronization client is used, even if the access right is deprived and the synchronization itself is canceled, the downloaded file cannot be deleted from Explorer.
    In terms of synchronization, I think that files and folders should be deleted automatically from the client side as well.

It feels very troublesome to manually adjust the client side when changing permissions.
    I strongly request the function to be deleted automatically.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to delete files without them being deleted everywhere

It should be possible to delete files from a certain location in OneDrive without it being deleted from all locations everywhere.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix the email link in the One drive help site

At the end of not getting any help or a lot of misguiding information about how to solve a sync problem and how to uninstall one drive from an android device, the virtual helper suggests emailing the one drive help team. all the links take me to my one drive app but there is no email address to send feedback

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. backup is rubbish

enable manual backup and function to disable backup. not everyone wants to backup all their data. dont ever force user to do something they dont want to do. having options in a product makes a better product.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically sync files in a shared library from the OneDrive sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアント から、共有ライブラリのファイルを自動で同期する機能が欲しい
    Automatically sync files in a shared library from the OneDrive sync client

■Description(内容):
    ブラウザー アプリの OneDrive for Business のように共有ライブラリをローカル PC の OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにも自動で同期される機能を追加してほしい

Please make it possible to automatically sync shared libraries with a local PC using the OneDrive for Business sync client, like you can with the browser version of OneDrive for Business.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 我的微软账号不能登录,打开登录界面只是一直在加载,不管等待多久,一直加载,没有登录界面。

我的微软账号不能登录,打开登录界面只是一直在加载,不管等待多久,一直加载,没有登录界面。包括很多微软页面也打不开,求助。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. remote recycle bin dumpster

Usually when deleting files on the surface or pc, it is to create more room on the hard drive for other work being done. But to actually gain the space for new work, the recycle bin must be emptied, defeating its purpose.

The recycle bin should optionally exist in the cloud, then when files are deleted, space would be created without emptying the bin. Additionally, the files will still be available to restore from cloud storage, where they can exist much longer.

Not a synced recycle bin, a remote recycle bin or dumpster.

Another option should be to allow the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. how about letting my downloads be available on my computer not ONLY on ONEDRIVE

unbelievable I have to be on the internet to access the files I previously downloaded that is completely ridiculous.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shortcut for local apps move to a folder on desktop

When Sync files between different computers, using the local apps shorcuts is not clear and confusing.
    It's better to move the shortcuts to a folder with the name of the computer

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Explorer's context menu option to download file

Some of the applications I use don't download OneDrive files from the cloud when accessing them. Applications on WSL (e.g. VIM) behave the same way.

As a workaround for this, there should be an option to force download a file from OneDrive's cloud while keeping its "Files On-Demand" settings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "OneDrive - (company name)" catalog name is not good for me and probably others as well.

Some of us use some old programs/apps which do not accept spaces or hyphens in file names/paths. Because of this, the "OneDrive - (company name)" name of the OneDrive catalog fails 100%. Make the name changeable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like a feature that saves the original order of my files inside a folder as they were before and after the folder upload.

After I uploaded a folder, the order of my files were changed. I tried everything to restore the original order as my files were inside the folder before I uploaded the folder, but I was not able to restore them.
    Please help me keep my files in the original order as they were before I uploaded the folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. instaleer onedrive alleen op uitdrukkelijk verzoek, en nooit stiekum!!!

Ik heb onedrive door mijn strot geduwd gekregen bij een windows update, ineens staan al mijn spullen online, DAT WIL IK NIET, en dat is een directe privecy schending.

Bovendien heb je er niks aan als je niet online bent.

Hou daar dus mee op!!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Renaming the folder is very difficult.

The folder leaves the place when renaming because of the automatic sorting of the folders. Folders outside of OneDrive do not have this problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would very much like to be able to sync an external hard drive in addition to my C: Drive

Sync at the drive, folder and file level is easily accomplished in Google Drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dont allow one drive to stay in computer phone as regular program it got hacked too

I think you should NOT be able to link to one drive only as a cloud not a windows program someone stole my data off my cloud that i had for 11 years and combined it with my desktop folders that i use daily on the computer. I didnt ADD those to the one drive. hackers filled up my ONE DRIVE on the computer . it pops up telling me one drive is full when its not. even when i deleted a bunch of folders or photos as it said was full. hackers tried to STEAL and force delete my…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. melhorar urgente onedrive

sempre com problemas e agora não me permite abrir meus arquivos quando deles preciso, sempre com um x vermelho. ja desinstalei e nada resolveu, estou muito insatisfeita porque não é barato o valor pago para se ter tantos problemas diariamente.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. melhorar urgente onedrive

sempre com problemas e agora não me permite abrir meus arquivos quando deles preciso, sempre com um x vermelho. ja desinstalei e nada resolveu, estou muito insatisfeita porque não é barato o valor pago para se ter tantos problemas diariamente.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base