OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop counting previous versions, recycle bin, and icons against storage limits

Things like previous versions, files in the recycle bin, and the icons that are generated in the online portal should not be counted against your total storage size. We enforce a storage limit as we have many PC's in our environment that cannot yet take advantage of files on demand and it's hard to explain to users why they need to clean up their files when if you only counted the size of the file it would be under the limit. OneDrive also creates icons for each file to be viewed in the online portal. It can be 15MB per…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide webdav service support

Provide webdav service support.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable file transfers while playing a game.

Sometimes when taking a screenshot or recording video during a game, OneDrive will start uploading that content immediately, impacting game performance. Since Windows can recognize when you're playing a game using the Game Bar application, it would be nice if OneDrive could automatically pause syncing when playing a game, similar to how Windows will prevent notifications from interrupting while a game is running.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resizable dynamic menu, and icons in the popup menu.

I have a small screen, and would be nice option to have dynamic menu that is not using oversized icons, and in overall can be smaller then now. I think would be nice option also, to show only the currently sync'ed and the remaining items....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sharing multiple files

Since the last 8.1 update I've been unable to share more than 1 file at a time which is frustrating as I am always needing to issue multiple documents to clients. I've phoned help and spent a long time trying many different things but no-one could resolve it for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Remove files from all locations?" notification should showcase which files are in question!

See example image attached. It warns me I am to lose 200 files on all locations and does not show me which files they are. There is no way to tell which files they are. But it warns me I will lose them everywhere... think about this from the user's perspective. Empower the user.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please, please, please: Allow me to hide date and size under folder names

This is for the web version and the iOS version. I put my photos in folders. I label each folder by year. I might have created the "1995" folder in 2011. Why do I need to see the date I created the folder when I have a better, more accurate name for the folder? I don't care about the file size. All I want is the folder name. Some people may find this useful. How about making this configurable?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add more file names you can use like having dots

just add dots at the end of files most autogenerated files arent allowed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase the size limit for Excel files

Currently, the largest Excel file that can be opened in Excel Online is 5 MB. What year do you think this is, 1997?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Esto no funciona. Cést une merde!!!

One drive for Windows is not providing a minimal service. Files do not sinc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Escolher Diretórios para Backup, além das pastas default (Área de Trabalho, Documentos e Imagens)

Poderia existir a opção de configurar a opção de Backup do OndeDrive em uma pasta dentro do diretório C:\ ou dentro de C:\Program Files, além das pastas default que o aplicativo já tem como sugestão (Área de Trabalho, Documentos e Imagens)

Sei que o software concorrente do OneDrive tem como fazer isso, mas não encontrei essa função no OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Subir archivos sin tener que moverlos a la carpeta OneDrive

deberia de haber dentro de la interfaz de onedrive un botón algo así con un + para añadir ficheros a mi one drive, al hacer click despliegue las opciones: "sincronizar una carpeta entera", "subir archivo"

Con esto se elimina la necesidad de que lo que yo quiera sincronizar tenga que estar en mi carpeta de OneDrive del PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pause Syncing with PowerShell

I would like a way to pause and unpause OneDrive syncing in PowerShell. This would be handy in PowerShell scripts that manipulate files. Sometimes the files get locked if OneDrive is currently syncing them. I would like to be able to script the pause, make my file changes, then unpause when my script is finished.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better management of files located in and syned with personal vault

it is unclear whether files placed in the personal vault in OneDrive are synced with files on my PC or not. I consider my personal PC reasonably secure so would like to be able to flag files in "MyDocuments" folder to be synced in OneDrive to the Personal Vault. This would leave the local version of the file on my machine, allowing me to open it without having to unlock a vault.

I can anticipate this happening one of two ways. either allow individual items to be flagged and synced with the personal vault in the cloud offering the protection…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would be good if you dated these entries so that as i read through them, i can try and determine if current or not

I f you dated when the issues were posted, and responses, one might be able to determine if this was a current issue that i choose to agree with, or a past issue which has most likely been resolved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Full Screen Videos

I like to see where one drive adds a feature where u can watch videos in full screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base