OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix shared folder syncing for OneDrive Desktop on Windows 10

I am experiencing issues trying to sync a shared folder (shared with me) to my OneDrive desktop application.

I called the Microsoft Helpdesk, and I was told this is a known issue in the latest version of OneDrive.

When is the fix for this issue expected to be put into production?

Version: OneDrive for Windows - 19.222.1110.0006 (January 6, 2020)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Syn Client

In may cases we have sharepoint online web sites that have many document libraries. For customers it has been somewhat painful having to sync each library individually so they can have back a persistent mapping on their windows laptop. We keep being asked why cant we have the old explorer view mapping that allowed viewing the whole web site and navigate between each document library in windows explorer. Could we consider an enhancement to the OneDrive Sync Client where it can provide an option of choosing multiple document libraries to sync from a SharePoint Online rather than having to do…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement log file feature

It would be very useful to have access to a log of the processing executed by OneDrive. Something like a list of events shown when clicking on the OneDrive icon i.e. filename, operation type, time, but with a longer history of changes viewable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement log file feature

It would be very useful to have access to a log of the processing executed by OneDrive. Something like a list of events shown in when clicking on the OneDrive icon i.e. details like filename, operation, time, but with a longer history of changes viewable.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive almost full notification covers up options in taskbar menu app

when your at 80% full on your free one drive the app page from the taskbar is to small to properly use all the featuresin the app. yet the app page extending from the taskbar could be extended so the notification of how full the OneDrive is will still be shown with the option for upgrading. however the functions of the app wont be affected by said notification. thus a better user friendly taskbar app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transfer files and folders in a downward hierarchy instead of all the top folders, then horizontally down and down and down.

Transfer files and folders in a downward hierarchy instead of all the top folders, then horizontally down and down and down.

I have to wait for a folder tree until the the last horizontal folder of most folder hierarchy be moved until any folder is complete.

When I had a terabyte on OneDeive, it all starts with the User folder, then down one level to, say Documents and Photos. Then 100 folders under each, then they kept going say 5 deep. Well, I had to wait through all the hundreds of top folders be done, then wait for each horizontal…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why dont show what´s sync ?

Why dont show what´s sync, what´s in the line to sync from the comp to cloud ?

COPY DROPBOX ! That´s work !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Sync Setting for One Drive (don't sync on login; set sync for later).

Hello,
    Please add the ability to set the sync schedule for One Drive. The syncing ties up my computer on each login... I have to go into the settings on every login, and manual change the settings to "Delay for Two Hours" .... **** PLEASE add the ability for me to set the schedule (e.g. "Sync at Midnight" or at a specific time)... at least add the ability to save the choice "Delay for Two Hours" (so I don't have to reset it each login) .... Thanks

jrdunson

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delete local files when access to cloud storage is removed

When access to a SharePoint site is removed for a user, sync just breaks and all locally synced files become "orphans". Owners of Microsoft Teams, with files stored on SharePoint, that remove a user from the team do not expect that user to have a copy of all files still on the laptop. The expectation is that any local sync is removed when access for that user in the cloud is removed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. large amount of file transfering/moving

Make it so i can move about 8000 files to a folder in one action instead of 100 at a time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Renaming UPN in e.g. Azure AD is not seen as same account by OneDrive.

When changing the logon UPN of an account in Azure AD. The account should be the same as the previous account. But OneDrive considers these as different accounts.

e.g. renaming bla@contoso.com to blabla@contoso.com the account is technically the same account, identified by the AD object id.

When can this situation arise? E.g. a divorce where the last name is changed back to the maiden name for instance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Vague dialog to restore deleted files

Don't have a vague, unsolicited dialog box pop up weeks after work was done, that, if answered wrong, causes OneDrive to undo 8 hours worth of work. At the very least, when it happens, provide a way to re-fix the problem your bad software caused. ********-it you guys suck.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow synchronisation to be stopped in the current state. Whether files are offline, pinned or unpinned, allow all sync operations to stop.

My work account is at 'processing change' and my personal account is 'looking for changes'. The work on WAS synced until I added a sync sharepoint folder, and now it's constantly looking for changes.

My personal account varies between 10,000 and 140,000 file changes, but never syncs fully.

It would be nice to have an option to say 'kill the sync' and just allow onedrive to accept the state of offline, pinned or unpinned files. I could then use the overay icons (or the O, P and U file attributes) to find folders that are not synced yet, and then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow external non-Office 365 Business users to sync OneDrive Shares

Please allow external users who don't have a OneDrive for Business account (i.e., users with a personal OneDrive account only) to sync shared folders to their local computers. We can already grant edit access to external, personal users, which works fine through a web browser. Also, external users with O365 business accounts can sync our shares. But the combination is not possible: external personal users can't sync. This is FORCING us to drop OneDrive and go back to DropBox, which supports this seamlessly even in their free service.

While better not to constrain the size/amount of syncable files based on…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto save

One drive should concentrate on the basics. It is possibly the worst cloud storage at those.
    Make sure my files are safe. Not from bin Laden, just from error. Errors which occur when a file is open and being worked on but something happens to the internet connection.
    OneDrive should save to the device physical storage first then back that up to the cloud. Too many times there are sync errors and a duplicate file is made.

You end up spending hours pouring back through your lengthy documents just to try and remember what changes you made to which version…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. deixe as pessoas escolherem o que é salvo no onedrive, e ñ vincular completamente aponto de vc tirar do onedrive e sair do computador tambem

tem coisa que eu ñ quero que esteja vinculado no meu pc mas se eu tiro da pasta do OneDrive ele sai do pc também.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Linux Official Version

We, the OneDrive Users, want a Linux version. Please. IDC How long it takes just tell us you're doing it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Informação ao contrário

Há informação ao contrário na sincronização do Cofre Pessoal do OneDrive no Windows 10. Quando ele está disponível, aberto, com status em cor azul, aparece a inscrição "O Cofre Pessoal está bloqueado" e no contrário, em vermelho, também há informação estranha ao contrário.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 226 227
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base