OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Its better to finish one file uploading at a time and then move to next. Uploading multiple files at a time is flawed design.

My System hangs when there are multiple files being uploaded at the same time. Please change the design to upload one file at a time, finish that and then upload the next file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enable a setting to let user set when OneDrive to start/stop syncup

when onedrive is working, the PC is slow, need to have setting to let it enable/disable syncup.
    for example, from 20:00PM to start sync and at 8:00AM to stop sync. then the PC performance will not be impacted in working time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dirección no valida

Buen día, deseo ampliar mi onedrive a 100 Gb a para cuando coloco la dirección me aparece que no es valida.
    Si me pueden colaborar. Muchas gracias.
    Rodrigo López.
    +573153424202.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow me to import pictures to the Windows 'Photos' app from the OneDrive 'Photos' folder.

Pictures that are synced from my phone to OneDrive appear in a folder called 'Photos' which sits at the same level as 'My Files'. Only files and folders within 'My Files' can be synced with the OneDrive app on my PC. This means that when I try to import pictures from OneDrive to the Windows 'Photos' app, the high-level 'Photos' folder is not visible.

I want to add pictures to the 'Photos' app because it has better functionality than OneDrive, but I can only do this using a workaround (moving pictures from the 'Photos' folder to a dedicated 'Pictures' folder…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. extend the download limit of 10gb

Please consider extending the hard limit of 10 gb download per file in Onedrive for business

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mogelijkheid om zelf een map op de pc te kiezen voor backups

Zou graag de mogelijkheid zien dat ik zelf een map op de pc kan kiezen voor een backup te maken...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow sync of ~$ files

Allowing the sync of these types of files (~$ start of file) allows lock files created by 3rd party programs to be read by other users of a shared onedrive. I use onedrive for work, and before switching to using onedrive we were using a shared network drive that creates these temp lockfiles for a program called Altium. When created, Altium on another machine then knows it cannot open for modify, and effectively prevents losing work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. hey

test

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cannot edit settings while sync is paused

Bug
    When I need to edit a files on demand setting, like choosing which folders to backup, I need to pause the sync. The problem is when you pause the sync, the settings close and are inaccessible.

I cannot stop the downloading of 1000's of photos in the camera roll until the download is complete? This is terrible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sync with any folder we wish

It could be convenient if our Onedrive allows to sync any folder by simple right click to add it to listening list.

From my issue, I have a quite heavy folder which is putting in D disk. One thing, it is hard to move to Onedrive folder because there are a lot of setting about programming for this folder. So I wish that Onedrive can sync it without moving to asigned folders.

Thanks for reading.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Request files from Outlook plugin

I appreciate the "request files" option exists within OneDrive when logged into 365 online portal, however, it would save a lot of time if this feature were an option to either the Onedrive Desktop app or as a plugin to Desktop Outlook. Like many others I rarely use 365 via my web online portal and therefore use the desktop apps, so a feature like this would be very helpful as well as keep up with the competition who seem to have all these plugin options to their cloud services.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to prevent sub-directories within the OneDrive folder from Syncing

Add an option similar to "Always keep on this device" that would prevent OneDrive from Syncing/Uploading the selected File/Folder.

Something akin to "Do not Sync to OneDrive"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We want to automatically save screenshots taken with a PC device to OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    PC 端末で撮影したスクリーンショットを自動的に OneDrive for Business に保存したい

We want to automatically save screenshots taken with a PC device to OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    個人用 OneDriveではスクリーンショットを自動的に OneDrive 内に保存する機能が提供されています。
    しかし、現在の OneDrive for Business では上記機能の提供がないため、機能の実装を希望します。

Personal OneDrive provides the ability to automatically save screenshots within OneDrive.
    However, these functions do not exist in OneDrive for Business, so please add them.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prioritize uploading files in large syncs.

When you sync a large number of files, OneDrive should prioritize uploading small files before large ones. This would make it possible to back up as many files as possible in the event of a failure. OneDrive gets stuck with large files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically sync files in a shared library from the OneDrive sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアント から、共有ライブラリのファイルを自動で同期する機能が欲しい
    Automatically sync files in a shared library from the OneDrive sync client

■Description(内容):
    ブラウザー アプリの OneDrive for Business のように共有ライブラリをローカル PC の OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにも自動で同期される機能を追加してほしい

Please make it possible to automatically sync shared libraries with a local PC using the OneDrive for Business sync client, like you can with the browser version of OneDrive for Business.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Known Folder Move (Duplicate Shortcuts when roaming computers)

When roaming computers, shortcuts on the desktop are duplicated. This happens when known folder redirection is enabled.

This is incredibly annoying and we are currently working with a school who depends on OneDrive, and every day we get calls from users telling us that they have 10 copies of the Teams Shortcut.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Microsoft OneDrive should allow two personal accounts to connect/ link on a same PC. Please this is the much awaited feature.

Please this is the much awaited feature. I hope Microsoft team would introduce this feature very soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 当从 OneDrive 文件历史记录恢复文件时,希望被恢复文件的修改时间能恢复到对应历史文件的修改时间。而不是当前时间或那时的上传时间。

每个文件历史记录的文件保留每个历史文件的所有修改时间属性。
    这样每次恢复时对应时间点文件的修改时间也会恢复。
    (这里说的是文件的修改时间属性,而非上传时间,也请不要把上传时间单纯的应用到修改时间。)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 268 269
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base