OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add black Outline on OneDrive tray icon/원드라이브 트레이 아이콘 아웃라인 추가 건의

As you can see in the attached (image)file, i cannot see OneDrive icon in hided tray icon list.
    so... is it possible to add gray~black outline on Onedrive's tray icon?

만약 한국쪽 마소 직원분께서 보신다면, 한국어가 전달하기 쉬우니 한국어로 의견 작성하겠습니다.

첨부 파일을 보시면 윈도우7의 숨겨진 트레이 아이콘 모음에서는 원드라이브의 아이콘이 흰색 배경과 같은 색이라 아이콘이 보이질 않습니다.

비록 윈도우7의 지원이 2020년에 끝나고, 원드라이브의 아이콘이 윈도우10에 맞게 만들어졌지만... 혹시라도 윈도우7에 설치되는 윈드라이브는 트레이 아이콘에 회색 외곽선이라도 넣어서 분별이 가능하게 만들어 주시면, 하는 마음으로 작성합니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A OneDrive client which only works with your files in the cloud. Onefiledemand still downloads your files what is sometimes not needed.

Some users don’t like the onedrive online web version and prefer the windows explorer integration but have no need for local syncing. Ondemand is an option but dowload the files what is not always needed. So an always in the cloud version of onedrive with explorer integration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. update a specific directory immediately

I have create an pdf file for example using office lens but want to send the file via outlook on my computer. I have to wait for OneDrive to determine that that directory needs to be updated.
    Should be able to go into windows explorer and right click a directory and say update or sync this directory immediately

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi, do it as an application, not as a folder.

Hi, do it as an application, not as a folder. Because it interferes and annoys when working with photos. And make the parameters more convenient and understandable. I don’t need him to download pictures from the cloud to the computer, I don’t need the files from the computer to be sent to the cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow approved users to force sync changed offline files to the online OneDrive.

Users don't always have access to the online OneDrive files. Currently Onedrive errors out when trying to upload changed offline files. Having to go and delete each online file version in order to upload the offline file leads to issues. Would be more useful if OneDrive provided an option to force the upload of the offline version when syncing. There should not be a concern about this being allowed if the files are not being shared.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SAVE MY WORK INSTEAD OF MAKING ME DO IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND WASTE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I ******* HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAVE MY WORK INSTEAD OF MAKING ME DO IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND WASTE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I ******* HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatically pause sync when on Skype for Business or Teams calls

Automatically pause sync when on Skype for Business or Teams calls. Onedrive and Onedrive for business syncing substantially impact on call quality. It would be great if Onedrive paused syncing during online calls

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make right-clicking a file or folder in windows to "always keep" or "free up space" do what it's supposed to

Currently if I right-click a file or folder in windows to "always keep" or "free up space" it will do the same for ALL FILES IN THE FOLDER!

I am expected to select the file first before choosing the right-click option, which is unlike any other right-click option in Windows.

Please make this either work as expected or provide a modal dialog "Do you really want to do this to all files in this folder?"

This is really messing with me because I frequently forget.

ALSO even though I stop this process as quickly as I can, it still resets…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Debería permitir almacenamiento gratuito de fotos como Google Photos.

Debería permitir el almacenamiento gratuito ilimitado de fotos en alta calidad como Google Photos.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep files only in OneDrive and not on PC?

I would like the option to use OneDrive like an external hard drive - to be able to move files off my C drive to free up space. This may already be possible, but I see nothing in the documentation I have reviewed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. cuentas one drive

que pongan la opcion agregar mas cuenta de one drive outlook en el software microsoft one drive windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. cuentas one drive

que pongan la opcion agregar mas cuenta de one drive outlook en el software microsoft one drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Initial sync of "known folder"

If the "known folders" have an issue on the initial sync/redirect have the red x appear over the onedrive icon in the taskbar to indicate to prompt the end user to launch the gui (through "manage backup") and see the files causing the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One drive has a capacity and file quantity limitation. While the capacity is captured with a meter, the file quantity is not display on sto

Display a file number metrics in storage metrics.
    Onedrive has a quantity and size file limitation. Only size file limitation is displayed so far.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Al pasar las carpetas de nuestro actual servidor a sharepoint se pierden las fechas de crracion de las carpetas

Al pasar las carpetas de nuestro actual servidor de fucheros a one drive o sharepoint ,se pierde las fechas de creacion de las carpetas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Group synced folders

Allow users to group synced folders.

Some users sync a lot of folders which have been shared with them. Allow these folders to be grouped or collated by the user to make it easier for them to arrange the content

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Certain File Sync

As of today, OneDrive syncs every file on your computer to OneDrive. It would be nice if you can make certain files NOT sync to OneDrive to not fill up all the space on OneDrive. I think this would be an awesome feature, so please add this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hard time telling where files are kept.

User instructions need to make it very clear where the file is stored -- only in the cloud (and erased from hard drive) or if they exist on both the hard drive and in the cloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reduce the size of the OneDrive Sync Box on desktop

The window is too big and I can't see the options at the bottom. Please allow us to reduce the size of the window with control - keys or with the mouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 219 220
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base