OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create custom URL for Onedrive

Previously we had Box Drive which allows you to share items and customize the URL so it looks much better than this long URL. Microsoft should give the option to do the same.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Still display unsynced data on PC

File/Folders uncheck will not be synced and not display on the computer.

Suggest to still display the data on PC but a different indicator to distinguish with folder synced

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 为何截图不能自动保存到Onedrive?我在设置中点选了,但是退出设置,再进入设置,会发现又没选上,即使我每次都按了确定。也就是说点选了没有效果。

为何截图不能自动保存到Onedrive?我在设置中点选了,但是退出设置,再进入设置,会发现又没选上,即使我每次都按了确定。也就是说点选了没有效果。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adicionar arquivos e pastas compartilhadas comigo no OneDrive no explorer.

Opção de sincronizar arquivos e pastas compartilhadas comigo no Onedrive no explorer, facilitando a produtividade.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Word Count in Word

On my PC in Word, the Word Count is sort of quick. On OneDrive in Word the Word Count is very slow. Should be an option to disable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please, Create an Universal Shared OneDrive Clipboard

Please, Create an Universal Shared OneDrive Clipboard ...

It will be great is OneDrive would have a Windows Clipboard style functionality. Often, i need to transfer quick information from mobile to desktop , destop to laptop and so on.

Imagine:
    We could easily to Copy/Paste anything (text,file) from one system to other without looking for it in OneDrive folders. You just "CopyTo YourOneDrive" from any Compatible-OS/Device and after you "PasteFrom YourOneDrive" from any Compatible-OS/Device.

-It will be enabled in your OS with your OneDrive client installation.
    -When pasting would be great it will have the last copy datetime information.

Please!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Los archivos tardan mucho en guardarse, debed intercambiar entre Windows y tus carpetas, debes registrarte todo el tiempo

Los archivos tardan mucho en guardarse, debed intercambiar entre Windows y tus carpetas, debes registrarte todo el tiempo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PowerShell script function to control OneDrive sync start stop.

We want a script to schedule and control the following scenarios:
    1. When located on our corporate network, enable OneDrive sync anytime.
    2. When on mobile hotspot, and during normal business hours, allow OneDrive sync with notification warning they are on a metered network.
    3. When on mobile hotspot, and after business hours, every 15 minutes pop up a notification warning user they are on a metered network.
    4. When on home network, enable OneDrive sync anytime.
    Outcomes should be achievable by PowerShell or a user interface.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10.  Enable delta sync for Zip compressed files the same as Dropbox

We have large compressed file repositories composing many smaller files but only some parts get updated and we dont want the entire Zip file to have to be re-synced. Dropbox already do this for Zip and RAR files: https://www.dropbox.com/lp/file-compression

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. prevent mass deletion

I've experienced that accidentally it can happen that big amounts of files are deleted. I would propose to add a feature to the setup, which allows you to set a warning message if more than a certain number of files are going to be deleted. This number should be configurable. Some users might wish to get notices at any deletion some might only to be notified if more than 999 files are going to be deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop synchronization automatically if a virus / ransomware is detected

It may be possible to stop synchronization automatically if a virus / ransomware is detected infecting a OneDrive user's computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possible issue with Microsoft Onedrive corrupting videos produced by Skype

I suspect there is an issue with Office365's Onedrive corrupting videos produced by Skype. I used my Onderive to move a video from one PC to another. When i downloaded it the file was corrupted and unusable. I can no longer post a video of the tutorials to my students who were unable to attend.

Has anyone else seen this of a similar issue? I am posting this because I have a vague recollection of this happening before and I am wondering if this is a known issue with Skype videos at 15 fps.

Thanks,
    Amy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. cant download the folder

its not possible to download a folder from online onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 翻译不够准确

OneDrive在右下角的同步页面,翻译不够准确,应该是已传输×× GB,而不是已上传,因为它把下载也算进上传那里了,所以说不够准确,望改进。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 翻译不够准确

OneDrive在右下角的同步页面,翻译不够准确,应该是已传输×× GB,而不是已上传,因为它把下载也算进上传那里了,所以说不够准确,望改进。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change the behavior of the Backup feature.

When using the Backup feature of OneDrive, the current behavior is to upload the files and then make them Online-only. This behavior may be caused by the Files On-Demand setting, however I feel the fundamental nature of a Backup feature, (data redundancy) should not be affected by this particular setting. The redundancy is lost if the backed-up files are removed from one location after the Backup operation. You haven't backed-up your files... you've just moved them.

My suggestion is to change the behavior of the Backup feature to default to "Always keep on this device" to distinguish its functionality from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. backup known windows folders

Currently the 'Documents' folder remains in its original location after enabling the 'Backup Known Windows Folders' option in GPO. All files move to the new location but an empty 'Documents' folder is still located at C:\Users\<username>\Documents

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 199 200
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base