OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to change the folder's location

Very simple. Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

I am shaking with anger right now, OneDrive is the worst thing i've ever used. I just want to change the folder, why's that not a prominent option? And why does OneDrive automatically download everything, creating a useless 190Gb folder on my main C: drive rather than my actual D: drive?

I have no suggestions to improve OneDrive except throw it away and start over, it's unsalvageable. My only advice for its users is to use something else.

Absolutely dreadful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Renaming SharePoint Site, Library & Folder does not reflect either on one drive or network folder

Hi,

We are using SharePoint online for all our users in our firm and we have noticed that after renaming our site, library or a folder sometime after creating it does not reflect either on OneDrive nor on mapped drives.

File sync works fine but the name change does not appear everywhere.
    Also, the URL appears with the old name only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Renaming SharePoint Site, Library & Folder does not reflect either on one drive or network folder

Hi,

We are using SharePoint online for all our users in our firm and we have noticed that after renaming our site, library or a folder sometime after creating it does not reflect either on OneDrive nor on mapped drives.

File sync works fine but the name change does not appear everywhere.
    Also, the URL appears with the old name only.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HAVE ONE ******* PRODUCT NOT FIFTY

STOP HAVING DIFFERENT OPTIONS AND DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE SAME * THING JUST BECAUSE ONE CAN AFFORD TO BE CHARGE MORE. YOU MOLNEY GRUBBING SELFISH **> DIE IN A FIRE!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I Can't block the downloading of videos that i have shared with others, it is a private work i don't want to be downloaded

I Can't block the downloading of videos that i have shared with others, it is a private work i don't want to be downloaded

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. why onedrive always broke the SSD (M2 ),you know there are so many hardriver broken, please solved it .

if possible ,please fix the onedrive broke the SSD hard driver .you know that will lost date . so please solved it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. one drive

ya . 15 tane dosya var . yarın lazım . topluca indirme istiyorum. hepsinin üstüne teker teker basmak zorundayım. nasıl bir senkranizasyon amk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. FORCE SYNC

ADD A FORCE SYNC FOR FILES ANS FOLDERS IN THE RIGHT CLICK MENU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop bothering me

Stop ruining my computer with your dumb app. When I say i don't want it, don't ask again. Let me uninstall this . Stop deleting my *** documents

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Onedrive not sync Game files

Feature or someway onedrive , you can tell it to not sync game fi;les. It autodetects games and you pick what you dont want to sync. or a way to easier to remap default game file locations

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folder selection option missing during OneDrive setup

During OneDrive setup to Sync Sharepoint data to OneDrive on Windows 10 Professional laptop, folder selection option is missing and by default it selects entire library instead of giving option to deselect the folders. folder selection option was there in Windows 8.1 but the same is removed Windows 10. I don't find any reason to sync entire data though I don't need them to . Please provide option to deselect the folders during one-drive setup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Office save copy location

Can we please have a simple explanation of how one drive and office work together? If I want to create a new version of a doc I now use save copy, but it creates it in the root documents folder. Why??? Put it in the same folder I was working in! I have lost work because of this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Specific user details on "Link Clicked" notification

When a file from OneDrive for Business is shared within the organization as link. The e-mail notification sent on "Link Clicked" does not include the user details. The file has been shared internally within the organization for authenticated users only.

The notification is not useful, when the link was shared with several people, it is required to have the end user details in the notification e-mail

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop banning people for no reason

Your robots have decided I violated your code of conduct. No reason given, just an instant ban from my account. Result: 50 years of priceless family photographs gone. Vital work files gone. All because I did what OneDrive suggests and put my files in the cloud. There appears to be no humans contactable anywhere. You need to change this policy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restored files should have a date modified equal to the last modified date of version being restored

Currently when a file is restored the modified date changes to the date it was restored. Instead, it should have the last modified date as found in the version history.

The lion share of restorations that we do are to restore a file that should not have been updated. Having a modified date of when it was restored suggests that new information was added recently.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 283 284
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base