OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select More Types of Default Folders When Using The Manage Backup Feature

Its great that we have a backup feature provided to us. Apparently, there are other default folders that we want to backup and manage as well.

Additionally, we should be able to select as to what file/folder should be backedup. In that way we can manage the size of the OneDrive storage as well.

Its about time to have these types of features implemented as this is implemented by other Cloud Storage provider like Google.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to change the OneDrive folder directory (long company name issue)

The default folder for OneDrive (by design) creates a problem that it conflicts with the maximum 255 character path length issue.

For a persons business OneDrive area
    C:\user\FirstnameLastname\OneDrive - LongCompanyName

For a Company Group/Team site
    C:|users\FirstnameLastname\LongCompanyName\LongCompanyName - LibraryName

It means that you are massively restricted on how you can use OneDrive to avoid reaching the 255 character path length limit.

I contacted support and i am told this is "by design", it isn't really fit for the purpose, other cloud storage providers dont have this issue and allow you to change it, it is such a simple feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to turn off notification that one drive is full or near full

include how to turn off notifications that one drive is almost full or full when the notification is sent. That way I don't have to keep getting a notification I don't want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why do you need 500 votes in order to respond?

I hope that you respond to all useful ideas. Setting 500 votes seems a bit ridiculous. It appears that the only way someone will vote for the excellent ideas I have posted today is if they search for something similar and see my ideas. I would hope that you (the OD managers) review all ideas and classify them as potentially useful or useless. I agree that ideas you class useless only need a response when they reach a certain number of votes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please allow us to define a time each day for OneDrive to upload to the cloud

I use OD mainly to backup my data (and other) drives. I cannot now link my data drive directly to OD cloud since files that I work with may change many times each day. So what I have to do is to have a copy of my data drive in the OneDrive partition on my computer and synchronize the two drives at the end of each day. PLEASE OneDrive, give us an option to set the time each day when OD checks for changes in files, so it could for example do it at 5:00 PM.

While you are (hopefully)…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please change OneDrive so that it sends files to my computer with their modified date, not their download date

When I download files from OneDrive cloud, it stores the downloaded date on my computer not the file modified data, although the latter is stored on OD cloud. PLEASE get OD to transmit the file to my computer with its modified date. The current system makes OD TOTALLY USELESS for general file backup as I must (i) know when files were created or modified, and (ii) be able to sort files in a folder by date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Zugriffsprobleme automatisch bearbeiten

Neuerdings gibt es immer wieder einmal Probleme mit Zugriffsberechtigungen (weißes x in rotem Kreis auf dem Wolkensymbol) Fehlermeldung x Dateien konnten nicht synchronisiert werden, anscheinend haben Sie keine Zugriffsberechtigung.
    Wie ich inzwischen gelernt habe lässt sich dieses Problem durch Schließen von OneDrive und anschließendes Wieder-Öffnen beheben. Daher schlage ich vor, eine Routine zu programmieren, die im Fall eines Fehlers mit Zugriffsproblemen zunächst das Programm schließt und neu startet, erst nach zwei erfolglosen Reparaturversuchen sollte die Fehlermeldung ausgegeben werden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto Save for Office - only works with OneDrive - why?

Auto Save for Office - only works with OneDrive - why? I keep local copies of my documents (because OneDrive is full of BUGS) so why can't I use AutoSave in Word? Can't MS developers make this happen. I know I could code this!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. stop the insanity

stop the insanity - stop going by votes to decide how to improve OneDrive (or ANY product). First, provide support - by PHONE, EMAIL, and ALL AVAILABLE MEANS. Next, fix all known bugs. then worry about extras. stop the insanity.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. pause icon in notification bar is not good

The pause icon beside main icon at notification bar isn't good seemly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Summary Page in Local Client

Provide a summary page of what has been updated or changed in Windows clients, just like the online version. So when the team is cllaborating, they can easily find the updates as online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix delete issue using limited connection

When I turn on the limited connection mode and when the OneDrive sync is on pause, I cannot delete items that are synchronized in OneDrive anymore.
    It would be good to be able to delete items even when OneDrive is on pause.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Neue Schaltfläche

Wenn man eine Datei hat, die sich nicht hochladen lässt, wird dies ja in einer Liste dargestellt was es für eine ist. Nur ich habe das Problem, dass ich sehr viele Ordner habe und die betreffende Datei meist nicht auf Anhieb finden kann. So währe es sinnvoll, einen Schalter neben jeder Fehlerhaften Datei einzubauen, die einem direkt in das Verzeichnis bringt von wo man diese Datei umbenennen oder löschen kann. So braucht man nicht lange zu suchen.

lg Jeffrey Baake

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New icon doesn't work with white background

OneDrive icons has been update recently and it doesn't work with Windows 7. If i have OneDrive icon hidden in the notification tray, it is just invisible as icon is white and doesn't have an outline, so it disappears on a white background.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a function that allows you to back up all your files at a certain time of your choosing

This function would allow for people with slower computers to sync any files all at once while they are away from their computer meaning they don't have to have it running non stop slowing their computer. Instead all at once the files will be backed up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Fastest Way To Get A Diploma In Computer Science.

Professional engineers are licensed to practice engineering in one or more states. Licensure is required if an engineer wishes to work as a consulting engineer or needs to sign or stamp engineering documents for public agencies or for a firm which offers engineering services.
    Buy fake CompTIA certificate, buy fake CISSP certificate, buy fake Microsoft Certified Developer certificate, buy fake CISCO certificate, buy fake PMP certificate, buy fake CISM certificate, buy fake diploma in computer science.

Whatsapp:+86 13261536168
    http://www.indiploma.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Where Can I Buy A Fake University Degree In Australia?

A bachelor's degree in Australia will not only make you job ready or prepare you for postgraduate study, you will enjoy the experience of a lifetime in a prosperous country known for its beautiful beaches and hospitality. Buy fake bachelor's degree in Australia, buy fake MBA degree from Australian university, buy University of Sydney fake degree, buy fake TAFE certificate, buy University of Melbourne fake degree, buy fake RMIT degree.

Australia is the perfect place to become an undergraduate. A modern country with high living standards and an excellent education system, students wanting to study in Australia benefit not only…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How Can I Get My Diploma When My School Dismissed Me?

Studying abroad is not easy. I think it is the consensus that most overseas students have. In a strange country and strange environment, students have to adapt to the unfamiliar language and environment. It is not easy for students overseas. Studying abroad is bitter, but paying tuition fees is more bitter. But the most bitter thing is to fail to get the diploma when they graduate.So studying abroad bitter, but it is nothing compared with failing to get the diploma.
    If you want to relieve the distress, we are your professional friends. Contact with us, we can help you get…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. buy University degree. buy a diploma from UK.

buy University degree. buy a diploma from UK. where can i buy a diploma? Our company is professional for making fake diploma, fake degree, fake certificate and other documents. buy a fake degree, fake degree all have different production processes, for example, some documents may use steel seals, watermark, and stamp, while other documents require gold blocking and laser counterfeiting. We already have the high-end printing equipment, all kinds of import the a original paper, mature processing technology and perfect service system.
    Buy degree, buy diploma, make diploma, make degree.
    please contact us-

Whatsapp:+86 13261536168
    http://www.indiploma.com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. back up from any folder on PC

Onedrive should be able to backup data from any folder in any location of the PC. I have a folder in H drive which is default location for my accounting software to save files which i want to be backed up and synced in one drive but it is not possible yet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 188 189
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base