OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NoteTab Pro

NoteTab Pro stores specially formatted text files in a text-based .otl format which OneDrive is not keeping previous versions of.

I dropped a rival cloud backup utility to rely on OneDrive.

Ouch!

Please make this happen!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark Mode

Dark Mode not active even on this page. Why?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. takvim uygulaması

takvim uygulamasında görev yada etkinlik yada doğum günü gibi bir kayıt yapılır iken resim belge veya dosya şeklinde göreve dair bilgilerin eklenebileceği bir alanın olması uygulamanın daha çekici olmasını sağlayabilir. etkinlik içinde depo edilmese dahi mobilde telefon tablet hafızasından küçük resim şeklinde görüntü alan masaüstünde pc hafızasından görüntüyü alıp çeken ve diğer yardımcı uygulamalar tarafından açılmasını sağlayan bir şekilde de olabilir. Hani uygulama içinde hafıza yada yavaşlama sorunu yaratır ise. bence güzel olur. ekte örnekteki gibi. docx pdf jpeg tiff mp3 mp4 formatlarında misal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to select a folder in my local documents to not be sync with OneDrive

I am having conflicting issues with R statistical software. I want to select a folder in my local documents to not be sync with OneDrive, but your software does not have this option. It feels like OneDrive hijacked my computer. I have to have OneDrive permission to acess all my folders. Sometimes, when internet is unavailable, I cannot access local folders, because OneDrive does not let me. I want to select which specific folders I want OneDrive to sync and backup. And also I want to make default to make all files available first in my computer, and then second…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An option to disable the status icon from showing

I use OneDrive as a way to back up my desktop contents. It's been great, however, I would like if there was an option in the settings where I could disable the status icon from showing next to files folders on the desktop, as it kind of makes it harder to distinguish what is or isn't a shortcut (for instance).

Also of note is that, for some odd reason, some program shortcuts have the arrow icon as usual, but others have the sync status icon in place. I looked around, and the only difference I could find is that the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I do not like...

False prompts:" OneDrve on ajan tasalla. Kaikki tiedostot on synkronoitu"
    Theyre not. Only 20-25% of files are in the drive. There seems to be no way to continue from this point.
    I have been trying 4-5 days to find a solution... no way.
    Where is the simplicity of using this, this is some kind of the mad mill of commands and paths. I am not a system designer or something.
    Another point: Why do you push this OneDrive almos like a mandatory option when you purchase a new package of Office? I did not start it but anyway, it created…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive extra folders

Since the Windows 10 20H2 update, I can sync my desktop, documents and pictures on OneDrive, which is very convenient. Please add My music and My videos folders too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive paths

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive のパスについて
    OneDrive paths

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントのパスに関しては組織名やテナント名を含めず、ユーザーが指定した任意のパスに変更できるように機能の拡充を希望します。

Please make it possible for users to freely change the path used by the OneDrive client, without including the tenant or organization name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop automatically signing me in to OneDrive

Stop automatically signing me in to OneDrive on desktop. I don't use OneDrive. I shouldn't be forced to get popups about OneDrive which I don't use and keep having to sign out again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent download of shared file from a folder

How about preventing download of shared files at folder level? So we can share a folder with anyone but no one can download files in that folder. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Speed it up!!! Sync is Too slow to update.

Dropbox syncs virtually instantly. Why is OD so slow??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GPO Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

To have control over this setting so we can to stop some users to stop/pause syncing files, I think this is something many companies really need.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Incorrect file modification date - Microsoft 365 / OneDrive

Every time I open a file (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) in a OneDrive folder, even just to read it, it seems that it is saved because the "last modified" date and time changes.
    Actually, the displayed "last modified" date is incorrect in OneDrive, because if I move the file to a local folder, the displayed date is correct.
    I therefore ask if it is possible to correct the value of the "last modified" date in Onedrive, displaying the correct one (also present in the file properties).
    The time and date should only be changed if I save the file.
    I conclude…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recuperar datos de OneDrive de cuenta profesional o educativa sin licencia ≡ OneDrive

Buenos días.

Antes de nada explicar que microsoft comunity me manda aqui para explicar mi problema, si necesito hacer algo mas o estoy haciendo algo mal por favor comuniquenmelo cuanto antes, pues esta consulta debe ser respondida antes de un mes. Una vez explicado muestro mi problema:

La cuenta con la que estoy escribiendo este post (@.onmicrosoft.com) la obtuve hace unos meses en un anuncio de ebay que proporcionaba licencias (en mi caso una cuenta con licencia) de office 365 a precios bajos. Cual es mi sorpresa, que ayer, metiendome en onedrive ocurrio un error, revisando la cuenta…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically sync music,photos,etc...

Doesn't sync. Can't access files easily. Process is too convoluted

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Up To DATE Shown in error

certify my cloud is up to date. Show status right in Window File Explorer.

Frustrating that there are errors and onedrive is not connected yet it still says "Up to Date" when flying over icon in tray.

This is a serious issue that I can reproduce and illustrate. My files can often be old versions when all looks fine. If sharing with another user how would they have any idea of what version the file is?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow OneDrive for Business folder to be renamed

The main OneDrive for Business folder cannot be renamed, apparently because the path for syncing would break. It would be better if there is a way for us to rename the folder without affecting the synchronization of the files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Users should have the ability to select random folders to be backed up and synced with OneDrive other than the default folders

I want to keep my Desktop, Images and documents synced but also want to sync some of the folders on my D:.

I am also aware of the files on demand feature and that is not what I’m looking for.

My secondary partition is already NTFS and is not an external disk / drive. I have already tried what you’ve mentioned below.

In order to elaborate, I have the following disk partitions on my PC:

C:\ & D:\

I've already selected Desktop, Documents and Pictures under the manage folder backup optoins.

I don’t get the option to change the OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 251 252
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base