OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. large amount of file transfering/moving

Make it so i can move about 8000 files to a folder in one action instead of 100 at a time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Renaming UPN in e.g. Azure AD is not seen as same account by OneDrive.

When changing the logon UPN of an account in Azure AD. The account should be the same as the previous account. But OneDrive considers these as different accounts.

e.g. renaming bla@contoso.com to blabla@contoso.com the account is technically the same account, identified by the AD object id.

When can this situation arise? E.g. a divorce where the last name is changed back to the maiden name for instance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vague dialog to restore deleted files

Don't have a vague, unsolicited dialog box pop up weeks after work was done, that, if answered wrong, causes OneDrive to undo 8 hours worth of work. At the very least, when it happens, provide a way to re-fix the problem your bad software caused. ********-it you guys suck.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow synchronisation to be stopped in the current state. Whether files are offline, pinned or unpinned, allow all sync operations to stop.

My work account is at 'processing change' and my personal account is 'looking for changes'. The work on WAS synced until I added a sync sharepoint folder, and now it's constantly looking for changes.

My personal account varies between 10,000 and 140,000 file changes, but never syncs fully.

It would be nice to have an option to say 'kill the sync' and just allow onedrive to accept the state of offline, pinned or unpinned files. I could then use the overay icons (or the O, P and U file attributes) to find folders that are not synced yet, and then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow external non-Office 365 Business users to sync OneDrive Shares

Please allow external users who don't have a OneDrive for Business account (i.e., users with a personal OneDrive account only) to sync shared folders to their local computers. We can already grant edit access to external, personal users, which works fine through a web browser. Also, external users with O365 business accounts can sync our shares. But the combination is not possible: external personal users can't sync. This is FORCING us to drop OneDrive and go back to DropBox, which supports this seamlessly even in their free service.

While better not to constrain the size/amount of syncable files based on…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto save

One drive should concentrate on the basics. It is possibly the worst cloud storage at those.
    Make sure my files are safe. Not from bin Laden, just from error. Errors which occur when a file is open and being worked on but something happens to the internet connection.
    OneDrive should save to the device physical storage first then back that up to the cloud. Too many times there are sync errors and a duplicate file is made.

You end up spending hours pouring back through your lengthy documents just to try and remember what changes you made to which version…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. deixe as pessoas escolherem o que é salvo no onedrive, e ñ vincular completamente aponto de vc tirar do onedrive e sair do computador tambem

tem coisa que eu ñ quero que esteja vinculado no meu pc mas se eu tiro da pasta do OneDrive ele sai do pc também.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Linux Official Version

We, the OneDrive Users, want a Linux version. Please. IDC How long it takes just tell us you're doing it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Informação ao contrário

Há informação ao contrário na sincronização do Cofre Pessoal do OneDrive no Windows 10. Quando ele está disponível, aberto, com status em cor azul, aparece a inscrição "O Cofre Pessoal está bloqueado" e no contrário, em vermelho, também há informação estranha ao contrário.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Subscription for Personal Vault alone

The personal vault is a great addition to Onedrive. Would like to be able to purchase a subscription for a bigger vault, without having to purchase 365, as i dont need t1TB of storage and the office apps, which i already own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop starting services I haven't asked for.

Stop starting services I haven't asked for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. increase the file length/path limitations

Please increase the file length/path limiations of OneDrive. Many of my users' use "deep paths" which OneDrive has issues with...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since my windows pc updated to version 1809

I have syncing problems relating to some word documents 97-2003 which will no longer open

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To be able to define which folders in OneDrive that should be synced when installing the client on MAC or Windows.

To be able to define which folders that should be synced automatically when installing the client on Windows or MAC, so you would have it predefined already when launching the installer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. silentconfig

We have set SilentAccountcConfig in active directory and policy is applying to computer but is not working. we have a hybrid AD/ADFS environment .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Run PowerShell Scripts from within backed up OneDrive folders.

I have a folder on my desktop where I keep all of my PowerShell scripts. After backing that folder to my OneDrive, I can not run the scripts from that folder. However, if they are moved to a local folder, such as Downloads, they run without issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to disable all sharing functionality, both internally and externally.

Give admins the ability to disable all OneDrive for Business sharing, both internal and external, for some users. We don't want these folks sharing, but we do want to provide them with cloud based storage to back up important files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I referred with few emails but no reply. The details are in: SRX1492865470ID.

I referred with few emails but no reply. The details are in: SRX1492865470ID. If you can't help cancel please my one year subscription for one drive. Expecting for your help almost one weak. abrahamlevyg@gmail.com. my one drive is under lions.machshev.herzliya@gmail.com
    Thanks for understanding

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Onedrive Sync notification pop-up or email for users

users OneDrive are not getting sync they should get notified through emails or pop-up message that OneDrive is not getting sync we need this to be implemented in all users machine through GPO or through any other way.

Basically sometime users won’t see there OneDrive and they are not aware of that OneDrive is not getting sync so is there a way to enable a notification for the users.

We don’t want to fix the issue as this is a new implementation we are trying off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 196 197
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base