OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive Sharing Between Personal and Business Accounts

I have an active Microsoft 365 Family Annual Subscription, not a business subscription. I want to share my OneDrive folders with my CPA who has a Business OneDrive account. Microsoft does not support this sharing. A support people gave a weak explanation that Business OneDrive accounts cannot access personal OneDrive folders / files due to the higher security require of the business accounts. How is sharing my personal OneDrive Folders / Files with my CPA who has a business OneDrive account riskier than sharing with a personal OneDrive account?

My work around for now is to create a shared link…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opção de mudança no e-mail de acesso ao one drive

Ao realizar login para acesso ao one drive da empresa, inseri o e-mail pessoal por engano no acesso pelo meu notebook pessoal . Ao tentar mudar o e-mail, não há opção de mudança do e-mail. A sugestão e que se crie esta opão.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cancel syncing files while paused.

I should be able to decide what files are synced to onedrive from my pc while syncing is paused. I do not want to have to wait 30 minutes and sync 2gb of files at 1mb/s just to tell onedrive not to sync those files anymore right after.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 无法登陆

win10 台式电脑无法登陆onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive should produce an error or warning message if it fails to (or chooses not to) send an invitation email

When sharing a folder with somebody on OneDrive for Windows Desktop, if OneDrive does not send the email to the intended recipient, it should warn the user.

Sometimes OneDrive tries to send an email but fails (you have to check in your Outlook outbox to see if the email was sent). If this happens, the user is not informed.

Sometimes OneDrive chooses not to send an email. For example, if OneDrive thinks the folder has already been shared with the recipient, it doesn't send the email because it thinks it has already been sent. This is not ideal. If an…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. bug: file details are removed after uploading to OneDrive

All file details (notes, labels, tags, etc.) are removed when a file is saved only on OneDrive. This should be fixed.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Aktualisieren"

Bitte für OneDrive "Aktualisieren" hinzufügen, sonst muss ich immer den PC neu starten, das es klappt ohne mehrere Minuten zu warten, wenn ich Ihn aus den Energiesparmodus wecke

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Renaming and moving shortcuts to different folders

Having shortcuts is great in my OneDrive instead of syncing folders but the usability is limited since I can't rename (multiple name conflicts, lack of clarity , General etc) and can't organize (such as customer name, business unit, function of the share).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. t6531@loffice.ink

be can't login onedrive service

why?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option to select either "move" or "copy" files as a default from OneDrive to local computer.

Add a setting to set the default behaviour (ie, copt or move) when copying files from OneDrive to local computer (eg; Desktop). Currently the computer moves files unless I hold down Ctrl. Forgetting to do has sometimes caused me to delete my local file thinking I had a copy in OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How about you not?

You f-ing momos f-d up all of my documents by putting on your stupid f-ing trash one drive that I never f-ing asked you for. Why the f- do you think you had my consent to do that? You put my sh- on your cloud and then cry that your cloud doesn't have room, so I clear my sh- from your cloud and you delete it off my f-ing computer as well. Are you f-ing mentally disabled? Who's f-ing idea was that? How about you stop f-ing with other people's sh- you hydrocephalic monkeys? I'm so f-ing glad I saved…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a problem using my one-drive files. I can't access anything. Please tell me how to do to fix it. It's urgent.

my other accounts don't have a problem. Only t33984@365info.site account has a problem. unfortunately I use only that account and all my important files are on that account. I cannot access anything. It's urgent. Please tell me what to do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make OneDrive stop messing up my desktop and moving all my files.

You could make it copy them to a folder but not move them. It could also have an option for the pause syncing to have it pause permanently instead of having to uninstall it when you want it gone.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Backup and sync-between-machines are not the same thing!

Office 365 materials describe OneDriveBackup as backing up your content. But that's not what it does, if you have multiple machines. Instead, it merges all of them into one synchronized set of folders, which is not at all the same thing.

I want to back up my laptop, and I want to back up my desktop. That doesn't mean that I want to merge their content.

Having a merged Desktop/Documents/et cetera is a great option, but let me keep the different machines separate if I want to.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pin OneDrive sync status

Have an option to pin the sync status bar as a pop-out window. Currently I can only see the sync status by clicking the OneDrive icon but when I click another app or window the sync status disappears. When I'm managing a large number of file changes, I'd like to have the sync status available maybe as a docked window or pinned somehow so that it stays visible until I choose to close it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 276 277
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base