OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users should have the ability to select random folders to be backed up and synced with OneDrive other than the default folders

I want to keep my Desktop, Images and documents synced but also want to sync some of the folders on my D:.

I am also aware of the files on demand feature and that is not what I’m looking for.

My secondary partition is already NTFS and is not an external disk / drive. I have already tried what you’ve mentioned below.

In order to elaborate, I have the following disk partitions on my PC:

C:\ & D:\

I've already selected Desktop, Documents and Pictures under the manage folder backup optoins.

I don’t get the option to change the OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function to help identify large files or obsolete items

My OneDrive is nearly full and it would be nice to have some function to help identify large files or items I don't use alot. Or identify large folders. Another useful function would be to identiy file duplicates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Menu selection to list all file names with sync issues

OneDrive sometimes get stuck updating files for various reasons (including not finding thumbnails for photos or other files!) Rather than searching the entire onedrive folder for the double arrow icon showing the problematic files that are still updating/synchronizing, it would be nice to have a menu selection that shows all these files at once. Perhaps a menu item like "Files Still Requiring Synchronization" or something like that.

Where this would be helpful: onedrive gets stuck and shows the same number of XX files are updating for a long period of time (hours, days, even weeks). Clicking this menu item would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Reset to the OneDrive menu or Settings Tab

It took a long time to find on the internet that OneDrive could be Reset when my original Windows 10 Pro install version failed. While Reset still didn't correct the issue, it again took a long time to think of trying a Reset when I uninstalled the old and did new install of OneDrive. The new install still didn't work until I tried a Reset. Reset on the OneDrive menu or Settings Tab would have been very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Icons in File Explorer

This might be more of a bug than an suggested feature.
    It seems like the Icons in File Explorer do not update as they should. For example when I share a document with someone and then "Stop Sharing" the Sharing Icon is still shown next to the File in File Explorer. Also there are some files that just randomly have the Sharing Icon next to it, even though I have not shared it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More visual feedback during sync.

I use one drive a lot as a portable storage and sync medium for my games. As such I've find myself sitting there waiting large clusters of files to upload more than a few times. I've also had the program mess up and refuse to sync a couple times forcing myself to unlink and relink the account.

Now those issues could be attributed to a mix of me using onedrive for something different than what it was intended for. As well as my aging hard drive. But a typical hanging point is when it is just scanning through the drive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable Auto-Generating Documents Folder

OneDrive will create a default "Documents" folder and will auto-generate at some point in time. Having an option to disable the auto-generation of default folders would be ideal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrescentar a função "Cofre Pessoal" no OneDrive Business e Estudante.

Por gentileza, gostaria que fosse acrescentado a opção de "Cofre Pessoal", presente na versão OneDrive Personal, para, também, a versão OneDrive Business e Estudante.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent users to pause syncing - GPO to disable this option.

Hi Team,

Please, create a GPO alternative to prevent users to pause OneDrive syncing.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. anybody lost one drive app like mine?

All of sudden lost my one drive and cant find it, its totaly gone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need a way to stop syncing a folder while still syncing its parent.

We need a way to stop syncing a folder while still syncing its parent.

Currently the only thing we can do is to uncheck the folder in the "choose folders" dialog, but this removes the files and keeps them on the cloud and presumably on other devices.

We need the opposite behavior so we can keep a folder and files locally but not on the cloud to be synced with other devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Back Up Defaults

It would be very beneficial to allow for more control over what gets backed up to onedrive and what does not. I use my PC at home for work and home stuff - especially during this pandemic, , yet I cannot easily control what gets backed up to one drive and what does not. I cannot have sensitive work things on another drive outside my work network, yet I cannot easily click something to stop auto syncing. I have all over the place now that I will need to fix. Having said that, I am going back to google stuff...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible to change the folder's location

Very simple. Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

I am shaking with anger right now, OneDrive is the worst thing i've ever used. I just want to change the folder, why's that not a prominent option? And why does OneDrive automatically download everything, creating a useless 190Gb folder on my main C: drive rather than my actual D: drive?

I have no suggestions to improve OneDrive except throw it away and start over, it's unsalvageable. My only advice for its users is to use something else.

Absolutely dreadful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Renaming SharePoint Site, Library & Folder does not reflect either on one drive or network folder

Hi,

We are using SharePoint online for all our users in our firm and we have noticed that after renaming our site, library or a folder sometime after creating it does not reflect either on OneDrive nor on mapped drives.

File sync works fine but the name change does not appear everywhere.
    Also, the URL appears with the old name only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Renaming SharePoint Site, Library & Folder does not reflect either on one drive or network folder

Hi,

We are using SharePoint online for all our users in our firm and we have noticed that after renaming our site, library or a folder sometime after creating it does not reflect either on OneDrive nor on mapped drives.

File sync works fine but the name change does not appear everywhere.
    Also, the URL appears with the old name only.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. HAVE ONE ******* PRODUCT NOT FIFTY

STOP HAVING DIFFERENT OPTIONS AND DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE SAME * THING JUST BECAUSE ONE CAN AFFORD TO BE CHARGE MORE. YOU MOLNEY GRUBBING SELFISH **> DIE IN A FIRE!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 250 251
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base