OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the premium diamond

As the premium diamond is associated with the awful freemium business models to earn money, OneDrive (which should be considered a professional tool) gets a bad association attached to it.

Solution: Use text only or a something more business related icon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Anyone using my PC will be able to access all my files thru Settings/ Choose folders. Better if the app prompt password for "Choose Folder".

Anyone using my PC will be able to access all my Onedrive files and folders thru Settings/ Choose folders. Better if the app prompt password for "Choose Folder".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable screenshot notification only

The "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive".
    It will be good to disable this notification on Windows as we always know that we save screenshots to OneDrive.

This is to minimize notification clutter for users who takes lots of screenshots.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable screenshot notification only

The "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive".
    It will be good to disable this notification on Windows as we always know that we save screenshots to OneDrive.

This is to minimize notification clutter for users who takes lots of screenshots.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exclude specific folders from

I would really, really like to see the option to exclude specific sub-folders from Onedrive.

For example, my AntiVirus Password Vault folder is automatically placed in the Windows Documents folder (cannot be changed), and every time I add a new password to the Password Vault, the content of that folder changes obviously.

Onedrive then tries to sync the changes but throws a sync error because the Password Vault folder is in use.

I then have to shut down my AntiVirus and only then the Onedrive sync errors disappears and syncing continues as normal.

I have seen so many forum posts…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reduce battery drain when trying to sync open files

When a file (e.g. Word) is kept open, OneDrive gives an error message that the file cannot by synced. It will retry to resync it every minute strarting a full sync cycle. A sync cycle on my OneDrive takes about 15 seconds with full CPU usage on one core (30 K small files on the drive). So having 1 file open effectively means my laptop keeps running at full CPU on one core fore a quarter of the time.
    Solution: Please do not do a full sync when files are open, but check them separately. Checking every minute should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ask before adding .tif files to my photos stream

I have thousands of data files downloaded from NASA which are data and not pictures. Onedrive thinks they are photos so when I try and scroll through my photos on my phone I have to go through thousands of data files.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've Just Tried Placing In My Password I've Used For Ages and Fills All The Criteria And You won't Accept It. You Have Been Of No Help!!

I'm too disabled & Dementia And Tired To Add More Here, I'll save It For The SOCIAL NETWORKS later this week!!!!

EVEN THE CHOICE OF TWO TITLES DON'T HELP, THANK YOU KINDLY. Ironically, It Was Probably The hacker that Gave My Two Remarks On Here VOTES, As It Wasn't Me, I don't Even Know What They Really Are. Thank You Kindly, Again.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically Reset OneDrive to Minimise Sync Issues

Automatically Reset OneDrive to Minimise Sync Issues During Upload.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Here's what you wrote to myself, mind you this is why I want all my Online CCOUNTS deleted Permanently. at Microsoft a, Facebook and Google

Here's what you wrote to myself, mind you this is why I want all my Online CCOUNTS deleted Permanently. at Microsoft a, Facebook and Google and my Videos in YouTube because I want nothing more to do with anything Online as I would rather move forward with a Class Action Law Suit to which I will.

New Text Document.txt - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=c0200bef0916763a&id=C0200BEF0916763A%211857&action=Download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow use of the OneDrive for Business sync client with Windows Storage Server

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Windows Storage Server で、OneDrive for Business の同期クライアントを使用できるようにして欲しい
    Allow use of the OneDrive for Business sync client with Windows Storage Server

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business の同期クライアントのシステム要件では、要件を満たすオペレーティング システムに Windows Storage Server が、含まれていません。Windows Storage Server にて利用可能となることで、ユーザーの利便性はさらに向上するため、Windows Storage Server で OneDrive for Business の同期クライアントを使用可能となることを希望します。

At present, the Windows Storage Server does not meet the listed system requirements as an operating system for the OneDrive for Business sync client. It would improve usability if people could use OneDrive for Business with Windows Storage Server, so please make changes to allow its use.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OneDrive check for EndPoint Encryption

Our organization has been considering going to OneDrive, but Security is a concern. It would be great to have OneDrive check for client encryption before allowing OneDrive file syncs. This will be a huge benefit for our organization to move to OneDrive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is a sync issue in OneDrive

When there is a sync issue, I see the message "There is a sync issue in OneDrive"
    Below this it says "Click here to learn more about the issue and how to resolve it". When I "click here", I get a list of the problem files but only rarely is there any information on what the issue is or how to resolve it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bypass Problem Files

I have programs that lock files while they are open. When OneDrive encounters one of these files, it stops syncing. I can sometimes fix this by pausing and restarting syncing, but sometimes that doesn't work. It would be much better if problem files would not stop syncing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when i open a game , after on onedrive it shows me that i have some issues with certain things . How can i solve this problem ??

when i open a game , after on onedrive it shows me that i have some issues with certain things . How can i solve this problem ??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a Switch that allows the user to not upload files from seperate devices that are duplicates.

Add a switch in OneDrive that allows the user to not allow Duplicates that upload from separate devices that have the same file on them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 217 218
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base