OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1TB cloud storage per person-Why not synchronizing files/folders from the laptop/devices?

Microsoft Support [Case #:1022743337] - Re: [Case #:1014916088] - Microsoft 365 - OneDrive issues

Hello Microsoft Support, As part of my Microsoft 365 subscription, it has a 1TB cloud storage per person. I have been trying to synchronize a folder from my laptop to the OneDrive but it is not. I have checked with GeekSquad (Best Buy) why it is not synchronizing, they informed me that the folder has to be located in the desktop, documents or picture for it to successfully synchronize to the OneDrive storage that I purchased from Microsoft If that is true, WHY? I need to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More people specified sharing options

I want to be able to share a main folder with my family, a folder that has all our back-ups and photos and videos in, but in that folder there are important documents that I want the adults to access but not the kids. So even though the main folder is shared with everyone, certain sub-folders mustn't be available to certain members, without having to move the sub-folders out of the main folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Monitoring device sync status

OneDrive for Enterprise badly needs a method of centrally monitoring Sync status for users.

With our team working from home we are relying more and more on OneDrive to keep their drives and sharepoint info in sync. But without some method central monitoring we are at the mercy of the users to tell us when sync is broken.

So users frequently end up using files that are out of date

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Word documents stored in the OneDrive folder. If this document has a hyperlink. This link will be invalid.

Word documents stored in the OneDrive folder. If this document has a hyperlink. This link will be invalid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive error 0x8004de40

This "error" has existed since late 2018 or possibly much earlier. OneDrive is the only software reporting connectivity problems on my PC. What's keeping developers from finally getting off their lazy asses to fix it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it more simple

I'd be more satisfied if the interface was more simple. I need some archives to be only in cloud storage, but have not found out how until now. Make it more simple.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the user to select how many files are uploaded at once, instead of the current 10 that can't seem to be changed.

Currently OneDrive automatically uploads 10 files simultaneously at any given time instead of finishing 1 file before going on to the next one. This seems pointless, and is causing a bug to occur. The bug is that the slower that large files are uploaded, the more likely OneDrive just stops uploading them in the middle at random moments, after having wasted time partially uploading them, and has to start again from the beginning when syncing is turned off and then on again. (That bug should of course be fixed also, but this change seems like an easier fix, and would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Indexar Onedrive cuenta empresas con cuentas personales OneDrive

Se requiere con urgencia poder contar con la capacidad de poder unir cuentas empresas con cuentas personales, pues, en mi caso como en el de muchos, prestamos servicios a empresas de manera esporádica pero permanente en el tiempo y tenemos una cuenta OneDrive personal no pudiendo compartir archivos entre ambas nubes. Para las empresas no es una solución crear y pagar una nueva cuenta por cada colaborador que tengan, mucho menos si este no pertenece a sus organización. Me gustaría que tomaran esta sugerencia, que por lo que entiendo es de muchos usuarios en mi condición y en otras similares.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable uses to choose a folder that is not Documents, Desktop or Photos to sync

Please, enable users to choose a folder that is not Documents, Desktop, or Photos to sync. In my case, Windows is installed in an SSD, but my files are in a different HD, so I can't sync any of them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple Personal OneDrive Instances on the same PC

The ability to have multiple instance of different personal OneDrive accounts on a single PC in the same Windows Account.

In OneDrive for Business, you have the ability to sync with multiple organisations at a time. But in OneDrive Personal, only one personal account can be connected to at a time. The ability to connect to multiple personal accounts from the same Windows account would be of great use, especially where a user is part of a family subscription to Microsoft 365 where potentially, there could be 6 people in the subscription.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow the user to limit the number of threads OneDrive spawns in large data migration operations

When a user is connecting a new computer or changing the settings of an older computer - such that the new setting will store all files locally - and - in the cloud - OneDrive spawns way too many threads resulting in I/O blocking. Instead, either limit the copy operation to no more than n/2 threads where n is the number of cores in the computer - or - allow the user to manually set the maximum number of threads.

The reason for this is I was copying everything to @local (roughly 240GB) and it took on a 1Gbit network…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable onedrive or maybe just make it have the option to not upload anything while still being active.

There should be a way to either disable it entirely, or disable it during a specific time frame/app your on. Because some windows/UAC (User Account Control) files i've moved to desktop screen were now in drive and cannot be recovered. They weren't of any importance due to it revolving around a folder that was in a windows sub-sub-sub-sub-sub folder, what im basically saying, the main point of this? WINDOWS/UAC FILES SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO UPLOAD TO ONEDRIVE. And since i couldn't recover them i just deleted the files from drive. What. A. Waste. Of. Time. However, this did allow me…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please stop syncing on my computer. I do not want you.

Have the ability to easily remove syncing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cannot open files in OneDrive normally

Cannot open files in OneDrive normally

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tekstuele bug in OneDrive App (NL-NL) versie

Er is een tekstuele bug in de OneDrive App. Zie bijgevoegde PNG bestand voor de locatie van de bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 279 280
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base