OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tray icon is white color. Color should be contrast to white.

Tray icon is white and invisible. Its color should be other than white.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent downloading of shared folders

Prevent viewers of a shared folder from being able to download the folder or it's contents. I want to be able to share the folder with meeting data with my colleagues without them being able to download the meeting material.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I've been having problems with not knowing what the symbols are and general mis information. Can you add a small help button on One drive?

I would like a easy to access help page to help out on me knowing all the information. Preferably near the top (in the circle) however a easy to access help page would be fine!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive está mais de 5 minutos a procurar alterações, não permitindo o funcionamento do computador.

É indescritível, o OneDrive estar constantemente a procurar alterações e, desse modo lesando o Utilizador do computador em relação ao iniciar qualquer tarefa.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NGSC needs too Support modern authentication methods like SAML

NGSC needs too Support modern authentication methods like SAML in a direct relation with SharePoint 2019 On-premise.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop mixing 'photos' and 'pictures form My files'

I packed and uploaded thousands of pictures in folders as sketch references through 'My files'. But they are all displayed under the 'Photos' tab.
    It's so hard to find my own photos in this messed-up timeline. It's super annoying!
    The problem is happening on all Onedrive platforms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increamental Download

I would like a feature in Onedrive, which would allow me to download files after certain date, like file updated/uploaded in last week.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Choose to exclude sync for some file types from certain folders

Choose to exclude sync for some file types from certain folders.
    My music folder has uploaded all the album art to my photos section, effectively making photos unusable. If I could choose, for that folder, to sync only mp3 files and not jpg files that would help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make metadata from sharepoint fully accessible in synced document libraries locally.

Sharepoint makes it possible to sort and find files in a big document library without putting everything in 7 levels of subfolders. Instead you can just add metadata by using predefined or even custom columns. However this fruitful concept breaks when it comes to sync.

Metadata from Sharepoint isn't even displayed in a synced document library let alone the possibility to filter accordingly or even edit it.

Please, please add a functionality, I get nuts with alle the uncountable levels of folder hierarchy in big document libraries. The problems of folder hierarchies are manifold, one with a wrecking effect on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why OneDrive's Recycle bin is not visible on PC?

While I am on PC, when I delete a file from connected OneDrive's folder, additionally I need to go to web-version-of-OneDrive's Recycle bin in order to delete it completely.

Or it would be good, if [Shift+Delete] on PC would delete the file completely without moving it to OneDrive's Recycle bin.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive should backup the folders we chose different from the 3 folders you chose.

It's a super system but why are you limiting it? only my documents, desktop and pictures are backed up. Why can't we back up the classers we have chosen? Need to buy another program that will yield more money?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make OneDrive use less memory

OneDrive is actually really good, but one thing I have noticed is that it takes up alot of CPU and memory usage on my computer. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this but it would be very good!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I should be able to exclude folders on my computer from syncing with OneDrive

Currently I can exclude folders from syncing from Onedrive to my computer, but not the other way round. I use several programs that use the documents folder, but create large files that I don't want to upload to OneDrive. The only option I have to stop this is to stop using OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add a File Explorer status icon for DLP blocked files

To help users identify files that have been blocked by DLP rules, add an icon to the status column, or to a new column, to notify them that the file violates DLP policy.
    This icon is visible in OneDrive on the web.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop trying to save everything

Stop pretending you know what I want to save. Ask me first.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide capability to Sort Photo Albums by date or alphabetical

Currently unable to sort photo albums at all. Please add simple sort capability.. .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a Disconnect/Unmap verb to odopen://

We use extensively the odopen:// protocol to automatically mount OneDrive libraries.
    Is it possible to have a similar command to "unmount" or unlink a library from a users' profile, ideally also to query linked libraries?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 267 268
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base