OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eas of use and difficulties between devices

Items uploaded from one device can't always be found from another device. It is too difficult to figure out what is on onedrive and what is on your computer or to have any level of comfort that files are backed up to one drive. Memory is eaten up but it is impossible to find out why. Need a better dashboard that makes it clear how you are set up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be great if you could choose which folders get uploaded to one drive or not without losing them from your local machine.

It would be great if you could choose which folders get uploaded to one drive or not without losing them from your local machine. For example there is a Adobe project folder which gets created in documents where one drive wants to upload it. I don't have the option where I can choose not to upload the folder and keep it locally. When I choose not to sync it to one drive it just deletes the folder from my PC which is not ideal because I want the folder on my PC and not One Drive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. fotocamera

Le impostazioni della fotocamera prima sullo smart Phone erano associate alla fotocamera, ora non si capisce dove trovarle....lo schermo visualizza l'immagine utilizzando solo metà display

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. File Image Preview Just One Click Away Feature Request on Windows 10

File Image Preview Just One Click Away Feature Request on Windows 10

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make one drive disabled by default on windows

Many people buy a new computer with windows pre-installed and not have the slightest clue what onedrive is and would not choose to use it even if they did. It can be very confusing and difficult to explain to sometime how to manage their files in their documents folder when they are unknowingly using a cloud service they didn't ask for. It's a good way to lose your data when it's not backed up. It's confusing when you have plenty of hard disk space and one drive says you are out of space and need to give Microsoft money. All…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Extremely slow download speed at 10kb/s when other software still working fine

Our company in VietNam bought Microsoft 365 for all employees, but we got a lot of complaints about slow upload/download speed in One driver app. Please working on it to solve the problem, I saw these kinds of post some year ago and still meet this issue now in Jan 2021.
    Thank you for your effort.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. how about you add file or folder uploading/sync to OneDrive priority?

with uploading or syncing from pc to OneDrive, make it possible to see the whole file or folders and make it possible to give priority to some folders of files to upload first.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. VERIFICACION en 2 (dos) PASOS...

La VERIFICACION en 2 (dos) PASOS es un METODO IMPORTANTE junto a la UBICACION SATELITAL del SISTEMA OPERATIVO WINDOWS, por ejemplo, para SABER de manera permanente la UBICACION del DISPOSITIVO...
    El METODO me lo mostro la empresa GOOGLE cuando lleve el GABINETE-HARDWARE al TALLER para su REPARACION, ya que el TECNICO quiso VULNERAR mi CUENTA y el AVISO fue en MI CELULAR...
    Pudo haber sido QUERIENDO o SIN QUERER (distraído)...
    Cuando uno quiere abrir el ALMACEN en OneDrive el SOFTWARE solicita dicha VERIFICACION...
    Estaría BUENO que estos IDENTIFICARAN de manera COSTANTE la UBICACION del DISPOSITIVO...
    Cada vez que REINICIO el…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive auf einen Windows Server automatisch Sichern

Ich möchte gerne OneDrive auf einen Windows Server installieren ohne Domäne. so das die Dateien automatisch gesichert werden.
    Muss aber als Lokaler Benutzer auf OneDrive zugreifen können.
    OneDrive hat keinen Sinn wenn man seine Dateien nicht automatisch Sichern kann.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow business and personal accounts to sync independently

Compartmentalize onedrive personal separate from 365 to avoid duplicate files and a nightmare

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clarify OneDrive

Explain clearly what OneDrive dose in simple English. Explain how best to migrate from all on PC to various cloud storage regimes, their benefits and pitfalls and optimal scenarios.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Återinföra taggar på fotos

Tidigare kunde man använda taggar på sina fotos och på detta sättet snabbt hitta en grupp igen. För ett par år sedan togs tyvärr detta bort, var mycket användbart. Vet inte varför det togs bort. När man går in och ser på OneDrives video kring hur man sorterar fotos pratar man fortfarande om taggar men funktionen finns inte längre??? När kommer den tillbaka?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Importing intelligence.......

I just connected my phone to my PC via USB cable and the options displayed for what to do with this device that included Import photos and videos using Photos or OneDrive. I chose OneDrive to see what would happen......... 2 hours later, the dialog changed to Importing photos and videos with a progress bar!

My suggestion is to provide more detail about the import process. The old import in Photo Gallery included a dialog for grouping photos by time period via a slider as well as an Options link to modify where they would be imported to, etc. I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exluding folders/syncing selected folders.

It would very handy you can select some local folders and make them a Onedrive folder whitout moving them to the Onedrive library. I have a "mother"computer were everyting is saved and orginised and it would be really handy to enter certain folders from my chromebook.
    a sort of sulution is the back up function, but in my opinion this is way to massive. you can only select the complete documents folder were there are a lot of folders and documents that i don't want to put in my onedrive.
    also some software linked folders are locked and onedrive gives…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Prevent more than one user accessing the same file simultaneously.

Allow files to be locked for editing (as in an on-site server) when using folders synced to a PC. This is to prevent multiple copies of a file appearing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable the "Unlink this PC" feature on OneDrive for Business Client

Disabling or grayed out Unlink this PC feature on One Drive desktop business client will help organizations to keep data sync on one drive of every individual users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I should be able to pick and choose any folder that I want to sync

I should be able to pick and choose any folder on any drive on my pc to sync with one drive.
    I should not be "forced to move" all my folders to "onedrive - xyz" in order to back them up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pause Syncing - Add Custom as an option so we can specify the hours (Would like 1, 4 and 12 hours as options)

Pause Syncing -
    Please Add "Custom" as an option so we can specify the number of hours to Pause. I would Like 1, 4 and 12 hours as options in addition to what is already there (2, 8 & 24).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 295 296
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base