OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to create a link that can be used for all users’ OneDrive sync folders

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    全ユーザーがOneDriveの同期フォルダに対応できるリンクを作成したい
    I want to create a link that can be used for all users’ OneDrive sync folders

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online 上にあるオブジェクトが挿入されているオンライン上では開けないファイルを含め、ファイルを全社統一でデスクトップアプリで開くようアクセスするために、エクスプローラー上から OneDrive 同期フォルダーにアクセスできる全ユーザーが対応可能なリンクを作成できる機能の実装を要望します。

In order for all users in the company to be able to access all objects inserted into files on SharePoint Online, including those which cannot be opened online, via the desktop app, please make it possible to create a link usable by all users to access a OneDrive shared folder from Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically save screenshot to OneDrive for business

Hi,

Understand that save screenshot to OneDrive is currently not available in OneDrive for Business. I would love to see this function being implemented in OneDrive for Business.

Best Regards,
    Kai Ying

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow more folders to sync/backup automaticly

Allow more than Documents and Pictures folder to backup automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One Drive should give option to select folders to sync during setup

One Drive should give option to select share point folders to sync during one drive setup instead of after setup and once sync starts some times it doest allow to select folder wise with error message .

It forcefully selects all folders then putting unnecessary load on server.

You need to seriously work on it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide improved notice of sync status re: search function fails

Provide improved notice of sync status re: search function fails

More specifically, notify user when incomplete or broken sync is preventing search from finding searched-for terms

Specifically, give Status/Notice of CACHE/INDEXING Sync Discrepancies That Cause OneNote Search to Miss Recently Entered Items

Full Explanation:
    1.) Difference From Previous Ideas
    2.) Affected Version
    3.) Feature Request vs Bug Fix
    4.) User Story
    5.) Definition of Terms
    6.) Issue
    7.) Insufficiency of Current Workaround
    8.) Detailed Feature Request

1.) Difference From Previous Ideas:
    While there are previous ideas regarding sync, sync status, and cache, none of them relate to a failed search…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customize email to managers of terminated employees

Please make it possible for admins to customize the email to managers. The out of the box email contains spelling errors and is very spammy/phishy feeling.

I can't believe this isn't an option in this world of cyber attacks!

I want the ability to brand the email so it matches (at least as closely as possible) our corporate standards.

I want to be able to format the text so it is easily readable, conforms to our style standards and basically looks professional.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to turn off all onedrive use

I try to save files to my desktop and they default to the onedrive desktop and then after 10 days if I need to recover an autosave file I have to log back in and go through the hoops on a microsoft account I never use. I reset the default save location but the "desktop" suggestion for save location is still onedrive desktop.

I know there are solutions for this but Onedrive is so intrusive and confusing to troubleshoot that I want to switch to open office because of this, and I am an experienced user. There is also proprietary…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I can't find the hide the Onedrive icon or eject the Onedrive.

I can't find the hide the Onedrive icon or eject the Onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make a feature that can permanently delete everything in onedrive, so that space is freed up.

delete all files permanently with one click, so that space is freed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Its better to finish one file uploading at a time and then move to next. Uploading multiple files at a time is flawed design.

My System hangs when there are multiple files being uploaded at the same time. Please change the design to upload one file at a time, finish that and then upload the next file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enable a setting to let user set when OneDrive to start/stop syncup

when onedrive is working, the PC is slow, need to have setting to let it enable/disable syncup.
    for example, from 20:00PM to start sync and at 8:00AM to stop sync. then the PC performance will not be impacted in working time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dirección no valida

Buen día, deseo ampliar mi onedrive a 100 Gb a para cuando coloco la dirección me aparece que no es valida.
    Si me pueden colaborar. Muchas gracias.
    Rodrigo López.
    +573153424202.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to import pictures to the Windows 'Photos' app from the OneDrive 'Photos' folder.

Pictures that are synced from my phone to OneDrive appear in a folder called 'Photos' which sits at the same level as 'My Files'. Only files and folders within 'My Files' can be synced with the OneDrive app on my PC. This means that when I try to import pictures from OneDrive to the Windows 'Photos' app, the high-level 'Photos' folder is not visible.

I want to add pictures to the 'Photos' app because it has better functionality than OneDrive, but I can only do this using a workaround (moving pictures from the 'Photos' folder to a dedicated 'Pictures' folder…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. extend the download limit of 10gb

Please consider extending the hard limit of 10 gb download per file in Onedrive for business

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mogelijkheid om zelf een map op de pc te kiezen voor backups

Zou graag de mogelijkheid zien dat ik zelf een map op de pc kan kiezen voor een backup te maken...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow sync of ~$ files

Allowing the sync of these types of files (~$ start of file) allows lock files created by 3rd party programs to be read by other users of a shared onedrive. I use onedrive for work, and before switching to using onedrive we were using a shared network drive that creates these temp lockfiles for a program called Altium. When created, Altium on another machine then knows it cannot open for modify, and effectively prevents losing work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 269 270
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base