OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. upload skip

Tell MS why in the world you are not able to keep the same!
    SKIP uploaded files! Why not?
    What is wrong with you MS!
    Can you hired people who knows something?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. So Slowwwwwwwwwwww

For some reason, the "Microsoft OneDrive" Has Sooooooooooo many problems that I can't do anything unless I contact Microsoft and report it. Only Microsoft does this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make OneDrive sharing more like dropbox

Would be nice if when you share a folder with a internal user that the user would be able to add that folder directly to there one drive. Right now it goes to a company sharepoint folder which is very confusing. Take a lesson from Google drive or Dropbox as there folder sharing system is seamless and easy to use.

To add to the complexity the user must log into the web portal to accomplish this. Would be nice to perform all sharing one drive tasks right in the desktop app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve the use of Desktop, Documents and Pictures back up on a new computer

Improve the way of using Manage Back up by enabling the synchronization back to the same folders on a new computer in order to take advantage of the copy of data already present in the Cloud (today it's needed to cut/paste back the folders, stop synchronization, wait until everything is deleted and then activate the Manage back up again !!)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't access One Drive

Hi, I have a problem to access One Drive. It said that "Your sign-in was successful but does not meet the criteria to access this resource.
    You should specific to user that which are the criteria, why let user guess by themselves for what happened? It waste time to try to access it to do my urgent task. It should provide better suggestion to support user.
    Thanks.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop stopping on poor network

OneDrive sync (and similar in Office apps) works great when I have a fast network connection, and I can work fine one synced files when offline. But when I have a poor connection (e.g. on a train, which happens a lot) the Office app often waits a long time to get file info from the cloud, or to sync changes.

As I have my whole OneDrive synced to my hard disk, precisely because I'm on the road a lot, it would be better to use the local version; and then sync when available. This should be done in background, not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I hope we can choose if we need lock the personal vault

Hi, I'm a Chinese user. Today, I uploaded many files into my personal vault in Onedrive. But sync made me crazy. I had to stay before my laptop, so that I could unlock the personal vault as soon as it locked. I like to download all files in my disk, but when the personal vault is locked, all files will stop sync.

I want to know if I can choose to close auto-locking the personal vault . Or, can you give me a choose, auto-lock it after 1 hours, 2 hours......

really thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I hope we can choose if we need lock the personal vault

Hi, I'm a Chinese user. Today, I uploaded many files into my personal vault in Onedrive. But sync made me crazy. I had to stay before my laptop, so that I could unlock the personal vault as soon as it locked. I like to download all files in my disk, but when the personal vault is locked, all files will stop sync.

I want to know if I can choose to close auto-locking the personal vault . Or, can you give me a choose, auto-lock it after 1 hours, 2 hours......

really thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Autolock

Asking that's all. How automatic and clever is this Personal Vault?

I've finished my work, go to lock PV but can't as the note says we're still processing changes. Is there a trigger to follow this up and lock after finished its process? As I'm walking away now to go eat.

But would be nice it was finished, locked and secure when I return....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow renaming of Synced Folders (not root, tho agree should do too)

I work in a company on multiple projects, with a standard folder structure for each project, and need to sync the same folders from multiple projects to produce cost roll up reports. This causes an issue in OneDrive as the synced folders all have the same name, and so are indistinguishable.

E.g.
    CompanyTenant/Projects/Project01/Commerical/AfP/
    CompanyTenant/Projects/Project02/Commerical/AfP/
    CompanyTenant/Projects/Project03/Commerical/AfP/

Syncs to:
    CompanyTenant-AfP
    CompanyTenant-AfP(1)
    CompanyTenant-AfP(2)

I would like to rename the local folder to something meaningful and keep the sync working, but unable to due to OneDrive restrictions.

Please note: This is different to the renaming of the root folder issue, which I also agree…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support IPv6

The current implementation seems to only support IPv4. My local Internet Connection is divided - IPv4 runs over a very slow Connection, IPv6 over another quick Connection. When I sync, OneDrive does it only via the slow ipv4-connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Syncing Bug - Editing Names & moving files between folders using explore with sharepoint files are not syncing they keep erroring

Syncing Bug - Editing Names & moving files between folders using explore with sharepoint files are not syncing they keep erroring

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add guest users in the people picker

When I share a document or a folder from my PC I cannot find the guest users in the people picker, but I see only inside the organization user
    Insetead I believe that it should be usefull that I can share easly to users not in the organization without that I need to open the folder online in the browser and then share it by using sharepoint online.
    thanks a lot

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show a notification when syncing stops (e.g. due to sign-in)

The OneDrive desktop app on Windows does not notify the user if syncing stops. It should show a notification prompting the user to resolve the issue, e.g. by signing in again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Adobe PDF reader to open PDF files stored in the Personal Vault from PC

Currently, trying to open PDF files stored in the Vault from a PC results in an error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. one-click removal of ONEDrive

I was subbed without my knowing - uninformed consent - and when I went to uninstall it I was told I I did not have the IT administrator's permission. this computer is mine, and mine alone. Already, I am under the control of Microsoft with no options after falling for their trickery. It needs to be easier to get out of this! I am forced to accept the terms of service in order to get this poster. Not my idea! What's a person supposed to do?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Needs to Be Able to Access two drives on the same computer.

I have, as many do, two 512 GB SSD drives on my laptop. I have a one TB OneDrive account. It can access only one of the two drives. It should be able to sync with folders on both drives.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Personal Vault is a good idea but...

Not an idea, more of a moan! OneDrive is updating into my PV but this isn't integrated to my Notifications so at the same time I keep getting prompted to close my PV.

Please sort this quickly or it will be a good idea that goes sour.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. bonjour, serait-il possible de sauvegarder un répertoire bien défini svp autre que mes documents etc.

choisir avec le bouton droit de la souris sur le répertoire à sauvegarder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 218 219
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base