OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop syncing on my computer. I do not want you.

Have the ability to easily remove syncing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot open files in OneDrive normally

Cannot open files in OneDrive normally

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tekstuele bug in OneDrive App (NL-NL) versie

Er is een tekstuele bug in de OneDrive App. Zie bijgevoegde PNG bestand voor de locatie van de bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To be able to backup additional folders apart from Document, Pictures and Videos.

Using OneDrive is a convenient backup for files on my Windows PC. However, M-Soft only allows 3 folders to be chosen - why not add the ability to do more folders (e.g. Videos and Music) without having to move those into one of the 3 current choices?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Few Suggestions to make this app more usable & user friendly

1. Show sync speed (ul/dl) for every individual file as it shows in any download manager app

2. Add option to pause and resume every individual file for UL/DL to take the full control to prioritize while Ul/Dl a bulk amount of data synching

3. One direct click button for Pause, & quiet, restart & settings in the lower portion of the OD client app

4. Make the 64bit newly launched OD client more performance-oriented to take the full advantages & utilization of all the modern & greater HW resources (i.e. CPU & More RAM) to get the job (file sync) done more quickly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Few Suggestions to make this app more usable & user friendly

1. Show sync speed (ul/dl) for every individual file as it shows in any download manager app

2. Add option to pause and resume every individual file for UL/DL to take the full control to prioritize while Ul/Dl a bulk amount of data synching

3. One direct click button for Pause, & quiet, restart & settings in the lower portion of the OD client app

4. Make the 64bit newly launched OD client more performance-oriented to take the full advantages & utilization of all the modern & greater HW resources (i.e. CPU & More RAM) to get the job (file sync) done more quickly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. almacenamiento falso

inicilamente me dijeron que me daban 1tb por un año, me dieron 5gb, enseguida hace si no mandarme mensajes que no queda espacio, tengo que comprara mas espacio para que no me sigan apareciendo los mensajes, las aplicasiones no estan funcionando bien, si no les hago copia de seguridad o si las borro de la capeta de one drive entonces la aplicasion empiesa a fallar.
    necesito una solucion ya

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let us exclude certain folder from syncing to OneDrive.

Example:
    I tell OneDrive to sync my Documents folder. However, within my Documents are some large folder for say Games which take up a lot of space. It would be nice to allow us to select folder to exclude from syncing to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. blocage de sauvegarde d'un fichier sur le bureau

Un clic droit sur une icone de fichier posé provisoirement sur le bureau pour interdire à onedrive de sauvegarder automatiquement ce fichier.
    merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We should be allowed to exclude certain folders from uploading.

I like to keep my development source code on One drive so that they are backed up in real time.
    But when i build it creates a lot of cache & target which also get synced & I really want to exclude that.

There should be a feature to choose folders whose contents should only stay on the PC & not sync to the cloud.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Exclude folders from synching, and not by copying it elsewhere.

In the era before Onedrive, our local Document folder was our own.

Now. Onedrive forces us to sync it, even if we didn't specifically said to.

I now have a game that puts its savegame in the document folder, and it's not the only game to do so. Save games takes spaces. And they are already synched to the game's cloud. I don't want them in onedrive.

Please allow us to exclude folders we don't want to sync, and please give us a choice when unsynching, as deleting local files is not always a good idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. i want to turn it off - I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE WITH ONE DRIVE

TELL ME HOW TO TURN IT OFF I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Sync process should check before wiping files (it wiped 2 years of data)

My experience of your product is as follows. When I first purchased my PC 2 years ago, it came with One Drive out of the box and when I copied my data across to My Documents it started syncing them to One Drive. At that point I didn't want that to happen so I stopped the process. I didn't realise that approximiately 10 folders from My Documents had already synced to One Drive. 2 years later I purchase a subscription to office 365 and decided that I would make use of the 1TB storage that comes with the subscription. When…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make unlinking OneDrive and pc more obvious in case the white cloud in the taskbar is gone.

unlinking OneDrive from the PC for those who wish to do so should be made easier than the while clod in case that cloud is removed.
    Is there another way for the average user to do so without that cloud?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To block download option for media files

We want to be able to prevent external recipients of our sharepoint links from being able to download, and the file type is media. We want to be able to share files such as Teams video recordings with these external recipients but with only the permissions to view and access. However, we do not want them to be able to edit, change, delete, or download the media files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. One Drive Space place

Hi, i think 5GB for non premium user is to less. a company like microsoft should offer much more. As a long-time and a active user, this is what I wish for.

Best regards adibelli@live.at

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Signing in for the first time on a new device - syncs everything in the cloud to your devices is painful

The default to sync all folders saved in the cloud to the device is painful as most user only want specific folders mirrored to their device and the rest stored in the cloud for random access.

The default is all folders are selected in the cloud to download and then to stop this from happening and selecting specific folders caused conflicts - sync issues.

The default should be NO folders and the user then selects which folders they want. If it is all it is the one tick but his is generally not the case..

This causes bandwidth issues for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Additional file-on-demand option in the settings

Please add also "save as file-on-demand" in the settings together with "free up space" and "always keep on this device" as a third option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base