OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better management of files located in and syned with personal vault

it is unclear whether files placed in the personal vault in OneDrive are synced with files on my PC or not. I consider my personal PC reasonably secure so would like to be able to flag files in "MyDocuments" folder to be synced in OneDrive to the Personal Vault. This would leave the local version of the file on my machine, allowing me to open it without having to unlock a vault.

I can anticipate this happening one of two ways. either allow individual items to be flagged and synced with the personal vault in the cloud offering the protection…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would be good if you dated these entries so that as i read through them, i can try and determine if current or not

I f you dated when the issues were posted, and responses, one might be able to determine if this was a current issue that i choose to agree with, or a past issue which has most likely been resolved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Full Screen Videos

I like to see where one drive adds a feature where u can watch videos in full screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. About OneDrive desktop context menu

There is an item called "Manage OneDrive backup" in the desktop context menu,I think it shouldn't be there.Please remove it from desktop context menu and put it in the tray icon right-click menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatically Free up space regardless of use

Allow OneDrive to Free Up Space at the end of the day regardless of inactivity.

There is an option to "Always keep on Device" so can there be an option to "Always Free up Space".

We have users who ideally want to download the file fresh each time they open it, but would still be content with simply downloading the file fresh at the start of the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive Business Tresor einrichten

Der Business Tresor würde für wichtige Dokumente ein besserer Schutz sein. Vor allem wenn es um den Datenschutz von Kunden geht. Jedoch sollte dieser deutlich mehr Kapazität besitzen als der persönliche Ordner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow local files to be removed/pruned after a definable period.

Once a file has been download and stored locally, OneDrive should have the ability to remove/prune the file from the local file system after a defined period. Suggest settings be added to allow:

• Turn on File Pruning

• X days to keep file on local FS (default should be 30 days)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mayor de 1TB, para una sola cuenta

Me gustaria tener la opcion de mayor almacenamiento para una sola cuenta, mayor de 1TB, yo necesito minimo 2 Tb, y optimo 4Tb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. lets an user pick their own file type to sync

I recenly have disabled onedrive to automaticly sync my document and desktop folder for the following reason:
    1 - My document folder contain aLOT of file from another sofware that install its library into document and its slows down the syncing process.
    2 - Unwanted files from my document and desktop (Shortcuts, user saved progress, autosaves, settings configuration,....) get synced to another computer which mess up my programs there.
    3 - Duplicating file (Same file name, some even created a "Copy" version)added when i install windows on a new computer and re enable syncing file from documents, fix it with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow deleting files with previous confirmation

Someone can accidentally hit the “delete” button on the keyboard when any file inside the OneDrive folder is selected, and it goes directly to the trash can without a confirmation of deleting it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable Selective Sync for OneDrive

Allow users to select which Subfolders within Documents, Desktop, Photos, etc. get uploaded to OneDrive (are therefore continuously synced), and which should be ignored by OneDrive and kept locally on computer only.

We shouldn't have to keep some folders in a non-C Drive location just to prevent OneDrive from constantly trying to back them up! Waste of time and space!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable Sync Prioritization for OneDrive

Allow users to specify certain files or folders to always be the first-in-queue to be synced by OneDrive.

Too often I find myself waiting all afternoon for OneDrive to sync banal data changes in a random subfolder or upload photos before changes to an important document make it to the top of the queue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive ( Sharepoint Link ) For External Sharing exposing my info !

Hello Team ,

excuse my english !

i'll brief :

i have business account and i use my one-drive to upload data and share the links to my customers !
    Some of this links are video clips .

The issue is that the shared link is :
    https://hbkcrccjv-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/hadi/EYudsiFGig1KtZ8-lTm7A-aDDB2smp8Sb6oqixA?e=zYZ

how i can share the my links this way !

https://sharepoint.com/EYudsiFGig1KtZ8-lTm7A-aDDB2smp8Sb6oqixA?e=zYZ

without exposing any of my details ! .

the idea is part of my customers are not allowed to reach my business email . but i have to share those links any way ! .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. HAD TO FIX 75 PC'S + BECAUSE OF ONE DRIVE STEALING FILES, MOST PEOPLE DON"T KNOW WHAT THIS APP IS OR WORK WITH IT

PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEIR FILES HAVE GONE WHEN ONE DRIVE STEALS THEM. MAKE IT AN APP THAT HAS TO BE OPENED FROM THE PROGRAMS MENU AND CONFIGURED WHEN PEOPLE WANT IT PLEASE. FOR ME TO FIX THIS PEOPLE HAVE TO PAY. THESE ARE BRAND NEW MACHINES AND IT IS A VERY BAD STRIKE AGAINST MICROSOFT, THEY ARE REALLY ****** BECAUSE OF THIS, AND IF THEY COULD TALK TO YOU THEY WOULD HAVE SOME VERY FANCY WORDS. I HEAR THEM ALL THE TIME.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base