OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When selecting items in a list there should be a select all option

When selecting items in a list there should be a select all option

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Return to a combination of hamburger and pivot for onedrive app for w10m

Just as the title describes. This was already part of the app a few months ago, it was an amazing combination of the pivot and hamburger. The usability became worse as the pivot disappeared. Would love to see that combination back in w10m.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The oneDrive icon on the System Tray is not consistent with the new Windows 10 icons. Please consider updating this icon. Thank you

The OneDrive icon shown on the System Tray is not consistent with the new Windows 10 icons. Please consider updating this icon.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. se pueda grabar en la nube sin necesidad de utilizar espacio en el drive que lo levanta

sencillo. no utilizar el disco duro sea del teléfono, tableta, notebook o cualquier dispositivo al alzar a la nube. para que quiero nube si al borrar del disco duro borra en. la nube?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Changing Drive for OneDrive Stored files on Windows 10

I'm not able to turn on my OneDrive Pictures because its too heavy and my Drive C: is getting full. you guys should let users to change it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customize the ICON folders (and keep it after sync)

In Windows, we have the possibility to customize the icon of a folder. But if we do it in a OneDrive folder the sync resets the default icon..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let me prevent auto startup

I wish to have the ability to prevent onedrive from running at startup and/or still be able to manually start or stop onedrive entirely including the sync processes from the desktop.

I use a laptop for a dedicated software system setup that when onsite does not have internet access by design but the constant attempting to sync and starting up without internet present seems to cause a drain on system resources and interferes with my dedicated software from maintaining a constant output control system.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm done with OneDrive.

Too many bugs, too slow. OneDrive continues to tell me it can't merge changes to a document THAT HASN'T BEEN EDITED. OneDrive then creates duplicate files appended with the name of the computer I'm working on. THIS IS INSANE AND HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A MONTH. The problem is on the OneDrive side and needs to be fixed. Microsoft - fix this!!! Until this is acknowledged and fixed my Microsoft, and until the Shared documents sync properly with the desktop client, I'm done with OneDrive. Dropbox has never let me down like this poor imitation from Microsoft.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some of my emails are going to 'Deleted'. What to do??????????????????????????????????

Sorry to write here, when I tried other places it just froze. Like said above, some of my emails that would go to both junk and in-box are going to deleted emails. What can be done to stop this??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. syn now option

one drive is great with no Manual Sync option, so if i have problem - like now - in auto sync , i can do a sync now on certain file or folder

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Get Windows 10 to allow online/offline only for files

I have limited space on my PC, it's hard to replace disk drive space on my PC, and am using D:/ for OneDrive. Handy enough.

It would be great to allow folders in OneDrive to be offline/online only to help conserve space on PCs - like in Windows 8.1 - I am not sure why this was removed in Windows 10 (Preview, build 1030).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve functionality with removable media

I use a portable hard drive to store my OneDrive folder. I often undock my laptop and take it on the road but not the hard drive. When the computer starts I get an error message that the OneDrive folder is missing and then OneDrive is automatically disabled. I then have to manually start OneDrive and completely setup OneDrive again the next time I use it with the portable hard drive. I feel that OneDrive should be a little smarter than that and allow for the detachment of the media to occur without breaking the configuration every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please allow to unzip files inside the drive

please provide an option to unzip the folders inside the OneDrive.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PIN in aplication

it would be possible to set the PIN for onedrive PC version as in WP8.1 ???

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Colored File Folders in OneDrive

Simply allowing users to assign file folders to better organize things in groups or types of files. Simple idea that allows people to see their types of files without having to read a single word.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base