OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Their should be a feature designed as an add-on to the OneDrive log-in that monitors what users are logged-in/off.Users ID can be seen.

I believe in coding structure of Windows 10 product can be enhanced for the customer of Home and Business OneDrive. Right now you do not know who is taking advantage of your sharing. Quite Access only let you know what was taken not who took it and when. Well, OneDrive has a blind side too and some people know this. If you add a feature embeded in the coding of OneDrive with a feature designed to reveal to the customer (User) who is in OneDrive that is online list a flip out list to a drop down menu on OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ignore Error - File too Large

If a file is too large to upload and you get an error, you should be able to "acknowledge" and then ignore error so that it doesn't task bar icon does not show it has not synced... i.e., it is in a correct state even though that file cant sync due to its size which as the user we have affirmatively acknowledged.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. List of the files to synchronise

Add a list of the files not already synchronise (sometimes there is files not synchronised or take a long time to synchronise - it should be intersting to have a list)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update the OneDrive for Business Client Network Bandwidth Calculator based on how the Next Generation Sync client works

The OneDrive for Business Client Network Bandwidth Calculator developed by Zach Rosenfield was a great tool for anticipating bandwidth requirements on each site.
    Could you update it to include improvements from the Next Generation Sync Client?

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why onedrive app offline

Why onedrive app in windows not open when pc offline??
    I have pictures show that??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More Robust Synching

OneDrive's synching functionality is such that synching only happens when content is changed in the OneDrive "drive," not when content is changed in a local drive. For example, when content is changed in the OneDrive "drive," this change is synched with the local drive the next time the computer restarts. However, the converse is not true, i.e., when content is changed in a local drive, this change is not synched with the OneDrive "drive," the next time the computer restarts. I would appreciate it if the latter part of the foregoing synching functionality is implemented in OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. windows explorer search

Windows explorer search is unusable and scary

In the year 2016 - after being Windows user since Windows 95, I am still unable to understand how Search actually works on windows. Before you could actually know if it is searching content or names, or both, nowdays, you have no clue whatsoever, and it never finds anything that it is actually there.

It never behaves as expected and I am actually avoiding its use at all costs(that is why I say it is scary)

Because I am a developer I currently use this amazing free tool that behaves so much better,…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. как удалить полностью(!) OneDrive на компьютере?

как удалить полностью(!) OneDrive на компьютере?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. velocidad de descarga

Almacené un archivo.iso de 951Mb en mi OneDrive, dicho iso lo descargué anteriormente del servidor Mega, ahora que lo necesitaba intenté descargarlo desde mi OneDrive, la velocidad de descarga disminuía considerablemente oscilando entre 100Kb a 250Kb, y sin concluir la descarga en dos ocasiones me marcó error de red, sin opción de dar continuidad a el avance de la descarga, teniendo que reiniciar nuevamente, dicha situación en me obligó a recurrir a el link que anteriormente me habían proporcionado de Mega, afortunadamente todavía se encontraba activo, y como referencia les comento la descarga desde el servidor Mega se mantiene constante…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support # character in file names

The Inventor of C# should Support this character in file names. E.g. Directory "Lab - CruiseControl C# - Master Solution" cannot be synced.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. one drive

Hi pin locked apps for win 10 mobile
    tanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please help for our lost photos

Kindly help for us to shortly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync customized folder such as game data and app settings.

Allow syncing single folders. Sometimes we need to sync our software settings or the game data, but they are not stored in the OneDrive folder. Hope OneDrive can allow syncing among other single folders other than the OneDrive folder.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please Bring back Placeholder to OneDrive on Windows 10

Please Bring back Placeholder to OneDrive on Windows 10. Files in OneDrive have consumed my entire hard drive

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I do not want to use one drive

i already have google drive account since 4 years. please remove tray icon one drive folder and annoying pop ups

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. do not assume everyone wants Skype. Please stop auto-loading/preloading it. Make it optional for people to choose if they want it or not.

I do not want a Skype account at all. And the fact that I'm forced to have a Skype account is infuriating. Since all Windows products have Skype autoload with it, I'm stuck with a useless program/app (that is now pretty much mandatory) that has no function other then taking up space because there's no way (that I know of) to uninstall or remove it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. let me keep my 15gb! Today was the first I've heard about this and I'm most definitely ******. I will leave all MS services if this changes.

I just found out about this today and I have been a loyal user since the service began. I am really ****** off and you will absolutely lose me if this changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base