OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better performance

At least here on Windows Phone, if you have a lot of files, and worst, even photos, is to slow to load thumbnails! Make it faster! Also, make it faster to open =D

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Anyway of teaming/linking up with Xbox to allow Xbox users to use some of the 1Tb of OneDrive space to store purchased games and gaming prog

Teaming/linking up OneDrive with Xbox to allow Xbox users to use some of the 1Tb of OneDrive space to store purchased games and gaming progress, as the cloud option as default?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show albums in Photo Hub

When browsing throught the OneDrive's album in the people hub, the new "Albums" feature in just missing. All albums are folders.

You should show my Albums in the Photo Hub as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to avoid OneDrive from changing Excel references to other files

Everytime you link an Excel workbook to other workbook, OneDrive changes the reference to the file, making reference to an online files. However, if one the Owrkbooks are in differente folders inside OneDrive, the link will break, even if you try to open the file in the computer containing them. That is a HUGE problem

792 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    85 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring albums do Xbox

Add the new albums feature to the Xbox apps.

(To me, you can even replace the old "album is folder" convention of the app with the new "album is album", but people will dislike that).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. onedrive recycle bin on desktop

Add the recycle bin to the desktop OneDrive in file explorer.
    Add the recycle bin to the OneDrive Windows 8.1 app

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature: Sync metadata - file attributes

// Redirected from: https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-explorer-win/issues/1

Would be really useful if OneDrive sync the associated file attributes such as; hidden and read-only flags (at least these basic ones), and expose it to the API as well.

Currently, if you have a read-only or hidden file on a device, after syncing it loses those attributes on the other (except for the timestamp).

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent sleep until sync is done option

It would be nice to have an option to have OneDrive app prevent the computer to go to sleep until sync is done.

Typical situation is when you just added a large flie/folder to your computer and it will take time to upload. The computer is likely to go to sleep before sync is finished, and in consequence files are not online as fast as you might want. (and/or you can't just let your computer upload at night when bandwidth is not needed)

It would be nice to add an option to have OneDrive preventing computer to go to sleep…

433 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to upload to OneDrive but not sync to all systems

I would like to upload for example photos to be in the cloud but next i would like to delete them from my hard drive. Now it's not possible - even "online" option in client is not working - it's always downloading everything to disk.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offline Shared Folder Access

I would like to see files which are shared with me in the same manner I view my own files - within Windows Explorer.

If you want to get a large file when in a bad signal/wifi area, it becomes an aggravating mess.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of the OneDrive app completely

The setup of OneDrive simply as an app on a platform is not the best solution. Although Windows 8.1 still has a OneDrive app, full integration nearly everywhere in the OS is provided and the OneDrive app itself is no longer being updated in any way. Other platforms, including Microsoft's own OS, Windows Phone, only have an app, and an app severely limits the ability to fully integrate. As of now, There is no OneDrive camera roll SYNCING; there is only uploading. There is the ability to download OneDrive files, but not folders, and there is no offline access. With…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Change Folders available on right-click of Explorer View

The discovery of the 'Change Folders' option in a hidden sub-menu option of the systray icon is horrible. OneDrive is prominently displayed in my Explorer view but I cannot right-click and choose Change Folders there. Please add that shortcut there. Every time I want to add a folder I forget this esoteric path even though I've done it multiple times before.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use the current Onedrive UI and UX for the Windows 10 Photos App

The latest update to the Windows Phone Onedrive app is just great. I'm glad Microsoft actually listened to their users!

However, the preview Windows 10 Photos app is just AWFUL!!!

Microsoft got rid of the Windows Phone 7.* panorama/pivots in 8, which were beautiful btw, however, they have gone even further into hideousness and Android style blandness in version 10.

Now to get to different folder views such as 'Albums', 'Favourites' (if they exist anymore!) you now have to click the Hamburger icon on the top left, then wait for the menu to appear, then click a view from the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Store OneDrive folders in different local storage places (external drive and local machine and any combo of this).

I think it would be helpful if OneDrive allowed folders to be stored locally on more than one storage device. I would have some things stored from an external drive, and some locally. Why? Because on units like the surface pro 3, we cannot give up all of our space, and we do not want to redownload a file everytime to use it. I dock my SP3 at work, and then that is where an external drive would come in handy, but there are certain files that need to be on the machine.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use OneDrive app to browse and upload local files on Windows Phone

It would be cool to be able to browse through your local file system straight from the app. It might help people find files they want to upload more easily.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On Windows Phone, allow "sharing" from within apps (e.g. from the photos app) to onedrive *business* accounts

Currently, on Windows Phone (8.1) "sharing"/"sending" from within an app (e.g. photos) lists onedrive as an option. This is great.

However, this workflow works only for uploading to OneDrive Personal. This is not great. An option to share directly to OneDrive Business would be greatly appreciated.

A workaround for sharing to OneDrive business is to switch to the OneDrive app, select the OneDrive Business account and add the file from within the onedrive app manually. This does work in most circumstances, but is much more tedious when sharing is just part of a bigger workflow that needs to be interupted…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base