OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 onedrive has some setbackes

Not having the ability to access files that are not local to computer on file explorer is a loss.

I also miss the ability to pause a sink in windows 10 environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. until not allowing to sync online only, wont install this app again

until not allowing to sync online only, wont install this app again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let us know the process onedrive is doing.

With the app in 8.1 you could see the process of download and upload. I just upgraded to w10 and all my files in my onedrive (available offline) started to sync again, to download again!! and I’m not sure in what is it doing or how long it will take.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix One Drive back to what it was before Windows 10

Ever since upgrading from Win 7 to 10, every other day, and even sometimes more than once a day, I get told, while I am working on homework, essays and spreadsheets that "I don't have permission to save to this location" (One Drive). I am the only user, and of course the administrator.

I usually end up saving my file to the desktop (if I'm lucky) and then I have to open One Drives folder and change the permissions to allow the home users full access (this changes back periodically) or I have to set the attributes of the files/folders…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Online files should show up in OneDrive folder to save space on small drives but still be available quickly

Online files should show up in OneDrive folder to save space on small drives but still be available quickly. In my case I have big Desktop with a couple of TB disc space put together. But my Zenoook only has a 120GB SSD. Right now, I have to let it take up space on my laptop because I can't see my files, if they aren't available off line. I know I can get them from the website, but that doesn't exactly improve productivity

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Massive improvements to sync required

Two devices, sync seems to fail often, create conflicts regularly and simply not be fit for purpose. Any more than about 100 files hosted and the service is pretty much unusable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fatal Windows 10 Problem - SD card disability

I've upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

I think the newer version is good. But the fatal thing is that OneDrive does not let SD card as the storing folder. In windows 8.1 environment, that won't be a problem, but newer one.. it's fatal to me since I'm using mini stick PC.

I want an update to make it fixed!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. looking into the status icon

Even though all files have been synced for weeks now, the icon indicating that it's still "processing changes" never goes away.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Sync Now Option

I had uploaded a file to my OneDrive in cloud from other PC,

there is currently no option to download the files now to my PC OneDrive folder

It is syncing at it's own time

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Settable Delay time to Sync

It is annoying when Onedrive tries to sync files as soon as they are downloaded from e-mails. Can we have few minutes of delay? Instant sync makes cursor move around and makes PC little slow.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bandwitdh Management for Upload/Download speeds

To have upload and download speed management for OneDrive. Right now it uses all my upload speed (which is not a lot) and nobody else in the house can connect to the internet when I'm uploading something.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have added folder My Documents to OneDrive. And often i see a lot of folders My Documents in explorer (7 e.g.)

I have added folder My Documents to OneDrive. And often I see a lot of folders My Documents in explorer (7 e.g.)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support choose an exfat sdcard for local sync storage

Support choose an exfat sdcard for local sync storage.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow view only sync for shared files,

allow sync in the shared files but the sync file should be read only....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give up, you guys suck at this, enable uninstall for one drive, mine won't even work anymore, cant use the original folder or make a new 1

Give up, you guys suck at this, enable uninstall for one drive, mine won't even work anymore, cant use the original folder or make a new one, can't delete the old one to start over. Google drive, dropbox has you beat, can't believe I can't delete folders on my own pc, I should go back to 7, I'd use ME if I thought you guys were getting more controlling over MY pc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sincronización

Debería permitir no sincronizar una carpeta de local, aunque aún no se haya subido a la red, en vez de obligar a esperar que haya una copia en la red. Puede que yo no quiera que esa carpeta suba a la red.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base