OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow me to choose what Photos from what folders are showen in the windows 10 Photo app and the in the all photos option in the app and on t

Allow me to choose what Photos from what folders are showen in the windows 10 Photo app and the in the all photos option in the app.

Than create than a button "Folders that contain images that are not show in all Photos"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Start uploading while looking for changes

I've moved several large folders two my OneDrive folder to have them synced across my machines. Unfortunately, OneDrive takes hours to just look for changes. It would be much more efficient if it would start uploading as soon as it found some new/changed files instead of waiting till it found them all.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows Phone cannot "Copy Link" for sharing files from One Drive.

I needed to share a file from my One Drive in an email reply to a client. The workflow on Windows Phone does't allow you to copy the link after specifying the permissions to the file. After the permission "View Only" or "Edit" is selected the workflow then toggles you to the next step in the sharing workflow which is to select the client tool ( email, SMS, etc.) for sharing. It is only then the share link for the file is generated and even then the link doesn't provide copy / paste functionality to within the new created communication…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. upload files using right click in file explorer

It would be really nice to upload files or folders to onedrive by using right click in windows explorer.. once you click the option the option to select Onedrive account and folder to upload to can be shown..

This will alleviate some of the issues we are having uploading files in the "new" onedrive sync system..

this will truly be a great addition

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 10: OneDrive modern app

At least bring back the OneDrive modern app to search OneDrive so we don't have to launch a browser each time. It makes no sense to tap OneDrive when searching, and it brings up the OneDrive folder with only the synced folders. It's confusing, and gets a user no closer to the non-synced files they're looking for.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open Office documents always from Office Online

Microsoft Office definitely should open local file mapped to OneDrive directly from Office Online.

When multiple users collaborates on one document and one of them opens Office document from local file system mapped to OneDrive instead of opening it from the web browser, OneDrive splits the document into 2 pieces. Computer name is added to the end of file name. This is good for general files, but unacceptable for Office documents.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to save from Windows phone & Outlook.com to One Note

This idea is both for Windows Phone and Outlook.com.
    Because I can't save to One Note directly from my WP that I'm constantly copying and pasting which is cumbersome and awkward. Also give us the ability to select where we want it saved in One Note.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tighter security (or info about what is being accessed) and a system-wide login

As someone who practices good password doctrine, and likes having 2FA, I'm happy that MS supports both. However, currently any app that you want to allow access to OneDrive on the phone asks you to enter your email+password+2FA*. As far as I can tell, after that the app seems to have carte blanche as to what it can do on your OneDrive.

* The app for which happens to be on my phone.

First, I suggest that apps are forced to tell whether they do or don't have carte blanche on the OneDrive service. I would also suggest that they…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. think about the integration with Skype, WhatsApp ,Contacts ,and other apps.

We know that Onedrive is seamless integration with Office ,Windows 8.1, Photo,Outlook,Calender...

but what about other Microsoft products and other apps in windows store for example:

1-are we need more integrity with Skype ?
    2-are we need more integrity with internet explorer to save the history and favorite ? becouse maybe the system down or hacked how can we backup the pages from internet explorer ?
    3-are we need more integrity with WhatsApp ? of course we need like the integrity between WhatsApp and Icloud in IOS.
    4-are we need to backup the contacts from IOS and Android to help…

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Onedrive shouldn't sync when another high use app is running like a game

Onedrive should be intelligent enough not to run sync operations when another high cpu or heavy network event is occurring. I'd even be fine if OneDrive could wake the PC out of sleep to sync to prevent clashing with another app. It should be more intelligent with the way it works IMO.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let us sync all albumes

Currently only saved pictures and camera role are synced.
    But whats about the favorites and also the album which is created from WhatsApp?

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for an uninstall option for secure networks / single stations

I actually like Onedrive on my personal computer, but want an option to completely uninstall the feature for our network. Disabling didn't work, and we don't want personal data / pictures / music taking up limited bandwidth. Since it's integrated into Win 8.x, we've had to drop back to an earlier edition to get rid of this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show upload/download speeds on the built in Onedrive of Windows 8.1

A simple feature of displaying the upload / download speeds on the application without having to resource to the task manager would be a great addition.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Yammer "Messenger" for Windows Phone

Like "Facebook" has done with its application "Messenger", it would be interesting to provide an external mail tool for Yammer, which would help user to be more available and which would use Windows Phone notifications.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include option in UI called "Make all files or selective files (large in size) placeholder"

OneDrive in Windows 8.1 is perfect, we don't know why Microsoft stepped back from a great feature "Placeholder", in which by opening OneDrive from File Explorer (My Computer), we see only folders and files (Folders & Files actually won't eat HDD space) they just stay there assuring us that we can access them anytime, BUT in Windows 10 this feature became history! now we have to either make all files online (No place holders) or download onto our HDD which results in space eaters! "Placeholders" feature is great for us, just make it more AWESOME in Windows 10.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to sync new subfolders in selective sync

When using selective sync for a folder, you can sync all files in this folder or select EXISTING subfolders to sync (excluding others). However, if a new subfolder is created (e.g. from web), it is not syncrhonized because it was not included in the selective sync config.

An additional option "sync new subfolders" would allow sync every subfolder that is created after configuring selective sync. This is equivalent to an option to sync all subfolders but exclude those that are not selected.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. wherigo for wp

wherigo for wp

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow file or folder name containing special characters in OneDrive for Business

OneDrive for Business syncing from local drive to web: just "Too many sync errors" without pertinent suggestions or reasons, and my findings is it don't allow file or folder name containing special characters, e.g. % or # which are now allowed in Windows 7 or 8 and OneDrive for PERSONAL syncing from local drive to web

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base