OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pricing and Sharing

Recently, I had to purchase extra storage on Google Drive. I would have liked to use Onedrive, but there was no adequate sharing options. With Google Drive, I can share a folder and the person I share it with can actually download the folder onto their computer. With OneDrive they must access the folder via web. That's very restrictive, especially with photos. Also, Google Drive offers 100 gb of storage for $1.99, while OneDrive only offers 50.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This is a trouble program, I suggest any program should be open if I I needed.

Programs should be open by the need of the user. Having programs, open all the time, and the user is closing and spending time on this is no sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not "Up to date"

OneDrive says "Up to date" when it is not (i.e. when I have moved files/folders on a second synced laptop). Is my only option to exit and restart? Why isn't there one button to do this (exit & restart) instead of me having to right click, exit; Are you sure? yes; go to windows, all programs, one drive; additional popup. Ugh.

Even though this only happens infrequently, it seems like such a simple fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give me the ability to disable screen capture on OneDrive

I prefer using Greenshot as my screen capture program as it allows me more flexibility on what I want to do with my screen captures. As of now, whenever I launch Greenshot, Windows tells me another program already has the "Shift + Prtsc" key, since OneDrive automatically launches on startup.

Appreciate your consideration of my idea.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After halfway through downloading a video on Onedrive it tells me sorry cant upload video.....etc.

Why does it keep doing this i am connected to the internet and my files are on my desktop whats up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Windows 10 mobile: Option to backup photos only while charging

On Android in the settings in Google photos, there is an option to only backup photos when the device is charging (additional to the option to only backup over wifi).

I would love to have this option in the OneDrive app on WINDOWS 10 MOBILE, because I don't want to waste battery life backing up photos.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. clearly indicate difference between one drive and one drive for business

This got better for a while, I have OneDrive personal with a MS account and OneDrive for business with an Office365 account.
    When one of my passwords get lost or changes (power fail this morning) I get an anonymous prompt and I have no idea which OneDrive I am putting he password for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add sync exception for folders

add sync exception for folders so some subfolders of a synced folder will not be synced to the cloud. for example I need to sync the 'my documents' folder, but qq and wechat forcefully store their programd data in this folder so as long as I have these I'm apps open I have to always sync tons of useless data.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. show how to get rid of one drive CORRECTLY !

Your directions to shut off onedrive are wrong

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have OneDrive stay collapsed.

As it stands now when one opens File Explorer in Windows 10, the new ODB client expands down so if you have dozens of folders in your ODB sync folder you can only see ODB and no other folders or resources on the PC. I click arrow to collapse it but the very next time I open File Explorer it's expanded out again. It's quite arrogant for MS to assume we want to work nowhere bu tin ODB folders.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow upload throttling

Ever since the default option of batch uploading to "increase speed" was introduced, myself along with thousands of other users have suffered with OneDrive bringing home internet services to a stop.
    This was easily resolved by unticking the box for batch uploads
    Since the newer builds have been released, this is now no longer an option and every time I wish to upload data, my internet stops

Please fix this as it is completely unacceptable. Dropbox and Google drive don't cause issues like this!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. No mater how !

Must be to avoid any human error as impact of so sensibility has an occurred as issued !
    Before go-ahead of the products features be avoid any groups of human beings have been an errored as necessary or very much for an experienced as important if can be done?
    Will be option of my suggestion describes point ! the better off for most groups could be farthest an easy way as understand morean acknowledgements, Reduce may would be an occurrences went gone wrongs frustrate and any hard things that are might have been happening or about concerns!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow users to upload "Living Images" taken by Windows Camera

Ability to upload "Living Images" taken by Windows Camera into Onedrive for later viewing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why keep limiting the file size?

Many users have to keep disks images which are larger than that. Neighter my VM with ridiculous 10GB are possible to sync. Why do that? This could be a limitation for free account users, but not paid accounts.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base