OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. At least offer to skip if path is too long.

Moving a folder from dropbox to onedrive that contains a bunch of pluralsight(development examples) has turned into a nightmare

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync the Cloud Recycle Bin with my Windows Recycle Bin for file recovery

I lost some files because my files were deleted into the Cloud Recycle Bin. But after having found these files (searching for hours) I couldn't recover them because of errors.
    That gave me the idea that deleted files from the Onedrive folders should be visible in the Windows recycle bin, somehow, because deleting files from the onedrive folder on Windows does not put these files into the Windows Recycle bin.
    But why not?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. want Sync icon back in OneDrive after Dropbox installed!

When installing Dropbox, OneDrive "looses" the sync icons.
    There is a massive trail (aka many users face this) on answers.ms.com, but the solution of support is to uninstall Dropbox.
    As this is a forum where (hopefully) MS developers also read, may be this helps? As not knowing what is synced and what not is annoying...
    Guess you folks can do better than Dropbox;-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: OneDrive for Business scrollbar not visible when Help panel is open

The default view for a first time login has the Help panel displayed, which masks the scroll bar. Not a good first time user experience

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to synchronize screenshots on Windows Mobile (Phone) 10

This option exists on desktop, please add it to mobile. It would be especially helpful for writing documentation / email / etc. on the pc about apps and other experiences on the phone.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Onedrive Next Generation Sync Client change Onedrive name folder by GPO like "c:\users\%username%\OnedriveXPTO, insted "Onedrive - Tenant",

Onedrive Next Generation Sync Client change Onedrive name folder by GPO like "c:\users\%username%\OnedriveXPTO, insted "Onedrive - Tenant", if you have tenant like mine with 50 letter on the name this becames a problem with path limits.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. when you click on 'Download' under ODfB on https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-nz/download/ it actually takes you to the download page

mend your broken website
    when you click on 'Download' under OneDriveforBusiness on https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-nz/download/ make it actually takes you to the download page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please, please provide someway of pausing or slowing down the OneDrive sync. It's completely clogging our broadband.

Please, please provide someway of pausing or slowing down the OneDrive sync. It's completely clogging our broadband.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Startet von alleine!

Startet des öfteren mal von alleine, ohne es selbst gestartet zu haben! Auch das häckchen ist nicht drin... umd das Programm beim Windows Start automatisch zu öffnen. Komisch !?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pls include an intelligent feature...

Dear Concern,

Please add the automatic folder syncing feature like syncplicity and make one drive smarter than ever...

Thank you...

tarek-ahmed@msn.com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please fix WLM. No one seems to be listening.

Please fix WLM. No one seems to be listening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Return Windows 10 File Explorer OneDrive to Windows 8.1 Functionality

Users really need to be able to see all folders and files on their OneDrive using File Explorer in Windows 10, not just those that are resident on the users' hard drives. Please, Microsoft, give us back the Windows 8 functionality of File Explorer access to all OneDrive files.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me uninstall this

I don't use this. Don't make have to keep it on my laptop

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Text in "files can't be synced with OneDrive" dialog is clipped

I started getting a "2 files can't be synced with OneDrive" dialog several builds back, which is a regression. Now, the dialog itself has regressed, and the text "2 files can't be synced with OneDrive" is now clipped. The bottom half of the characters in that line are missing. Other text in the dialog is correct. I have a screenshot, attached.

My screen is set to 100% scaling, and repros on both monitors (built-in LCD and external monitor over VGA cable) on my laptop.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base