OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In your "View Sync Problems" panel, provide an "Open Containing Folder" option, or allow the file path to be copied.

I get a list of files with sync problems. I want to be able to open the containing folder from the Sync Problem dialog window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it possible to select 'Keep Server Version' for large groups of 'Sync Issue' files

When I ran out of room on my hard drive and changed the folders to be synced with One Drive, I somehow ended up with '537 files that can't be synced with OneDrive'. And the "Resolution" is to "Open document in Office for more info." Sometimes when I the files just have to be resaved. But 2/3 can't be, and no options or instructions are forthcoming. So all I can do is close them and try again later. What a mess. This will take months to resolve at this rate...

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give an option to limit upload download speed. Onedrive Hogs hog internet bandwidth

Give an option to limit upload download speed. Onedrive Hogs hog internet bandwidth

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. onedrive应用可以看文件上传进度明细

onedrive应用可以看文件上传进度明细

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add a manual sync button that syncs immediately.

This is needed so urgent. OneDrive just needs FAR to long to sync files. Waiting for an hour sometimes just to get couple of files uploaded. I want the OneDrive synced at once sometimes (everytime I shup my computer down actually!). I have a fiber connection - why do I have to wait? This is really a game breaker for me.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Windows security" window prompting for my user/password!?

Sometimes I get a "Windows security" window prompting for my user/password...
    I Don't know what app that want's it or what account (private or bussines) so for security concerns I just X it out for security concerns. Looks like accont phising to me.

Later I am surprised to see my OneDrive icons in the tray are grayed out, and I just can't find a way to log on again. Restart maybe.

I understand that OneDrive is an itegrated part of Windows, but (for the love of God) I just logged in to my system with the same username and password. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. need to set pin protection

need to set pin protection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make OneDrive with password protection. And alert me when files are changing to protect from viruses-encoders.

Make OneDrive with password protection. And alert me when files are changing to protect from viruses-encoders.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upload speed

The upload speed is very very slow, I need you please increase the upload speed. I am using Windows 10.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OneDrive app for Windows 10

OneDrive app for Windows 10 should be as functional as the desktop program. The app does not have a system icon or syncs as good as the program.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Нет входа в One Drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Нет входа в One Drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Onedrive super slow syncing and some files could not be synced and now don't have option to pause syncing and when i tried to exit . . .

Onedrive super slow syncing and some files could not be synced and now don't have option to pause syncing and when i tried to exit after awhile automatically start sync again. so really disturb i don't want to auto start while i already exit because my internet slow.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How to identify the file sychronize at this moment?

How do I know which files are current updating, so I can wait for finalize. Is there any symble to show on the sychronize area?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. force sync

force sync. WTF is taking so long to do this?

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. i would like be able to control how many files upload and file type priority

add a files upload amount and prioritise the file types to be uploaded in the settings for OneDrive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wish the Onedrive Software Can still take Screenshot even if there is no Internet Connection.

Cannot take Screenshot when there is no Internet Connection. . Sometimes I wont be able to have Internet connection, so I hope Onedrive Software can still take Screenshots with or without Internet Connection.

Thank you and more power!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can it be very simple syncing.. like Google drive

Your idea of skydrive oD has been hijacked by google it performing well then why can not you make it simple as that.
    eveytime ther is sync problem you make lots of confusion amoung user ODFB and OD etc.. make a simple sync that can sync either personal or Bussiness 0365. i hope you will do better

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base