OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return Windows 10 File Explorer OneDrive to Windows 8.1 Functionality

Users really need to be able to see all folders and files on their OneDrive using File Explorer in Windows 10, not just those that are resident on the users' hard drives. Please, Microsoft, give us back the Windows 8 functionality of File Explorer access to all OneDrive files.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me uninstall this

I don't use this. Don't make have to keep it on my laptop

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text in "files can't be synced with OneDrive" dialog is clipped

I started getting a "2 files can't be synced with OneDrive" dialog several builds back, which is a regression. Now, the dialog itself has regressed, and the text "2 files can't be synced with OneDrive" is now clipped. The bottom half of the characters in that line are missing. Other text in the dialog is correct. I have a screenshot, attached.

My screen is set to 100% scaling, and repros on both monitors (built-in LCD and external monitor over VGA cable) on my laptop.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. siempre me pide nombre y contraseña, es molesto esto si es mi ordenador particular

siempre me pide nombre y contraseña, es molesto esto si es mi ordenador particular,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please tell us why OneDrive won't work on administrator user accounts.

Please allow OneDrive to be installed on administrator user accounts on PCs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why don't you add shared view option in onedrive folder in file explorer?

Why don't you add shared view option in onedrive folder in file explorer? When it's possible to view on mobile application then I think it should be viewable on computer too. For instance my friend shared a folder with me if I want to access it once or multiple times, possible way that I have to go for browser which takes more time than opening directly in onedrive folder in file explorer. My idea is that why can't we access shared folders in onedrive folder in file explorer.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. password protection

There's a four digit password on my OneDrive app that secured access to my personal files. But I just came across the online album option in Photos that doesn't require the password to access my OneDrive photos folder by folder. That kills the privacy. Also, the password on OneDrive stays on Windows Phone app. Written synced with laptop, there's no password there. My files are free to view. No logout either. Please fix asap. Privacy is always the top concern.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. uploading errors

When there is a problem uploading pictures, let me know which files are corrupted

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. O APP poderia exibir a lista dos arquivos, com uma barra de progresso indicando o status de cada arquivo sincronizado ou a sincronizar.

O APP poderia ter uma tela mais amigável, exibindo a lista dos arquivos, com uma barra de progresso indicando o status de cada arquivo sincronizado ou a sincronizar, com um hint exibindo o caminho completo do arquivo. Simples assim.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. No change made, but in order to sync it again you need to máke a change and login again

Fixing the Problem, when you just open a Document and close it again, that you need to make a Chance in order for Onedrive to sync the file again. The there's a Pop up wich asks to log inb again and then the Problem is fixd for the one file but happens again with the natx one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Organisation/Company Files

Overview:
    OneDrive for Business should provide folders which are associated with the 'Organisation/Company' rather than individual users.

Detailed Background and Explanation:
    1TB storage per user is great, but for many small businesses, shared files are more important than personal ones. Microsoft's focus on giving each OneDrive for business user 1TB of ‘personal’ space is bizarre.

We are a small company with 4 members of staff, 3 of whom work from their own laptops.

We are an architectural practice and it is necessary for everyone to have access to every project. We have a job folder for each of our 700+…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the Word program run more smoothly

The auto save function on it is useful, however it gets in the way as it currently is. It will save while I am in the middle of typing a sentence, causing me some frustration as the program will not run during saving. It will, however, buffer my keystrokes, and I will often type something two or three times during the saving period, thinking the program is not working. I therefore suggest that the buffering during the saving process is removed and that auto saving occurs when typing is idle for five seconds or longer, causing less interruptions to people's…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need manual synch.

My colleagues sharing my folder can not see my updates immediately. We need manual synch option on individual file or folder. (I recall DropBox provides this feature.)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Speed up synchronisation

I always have to wait for a long time (several minutes) until the files that have been previously uploaded from my desktop computer at home to one drive are synched onto my surface, even if the files are only small .docx with a couple of kB. This can be annoying when you do not have WiFi coverage everywhere at your work place. You depend and rely on having some files and then you end up not having them on your hard drive due to a delayed snch process.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sync problems

Sync Problems ignore/force replace (without opening each individual file)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow renaming of files while editing, especially online

Currently, if others are editing the file you can't rename it, and it's harder to do Offline than online. Other competing solutions (Starts with G) allow you to rename a document while editing it online, which is super useful.
    Alternatively, add a way to all out of a document so you can rename the file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix sync status icons issue

As requested by forum moderator, I post this one here: In Windows Explorer, the sync status icons are gone when too many other applications use shell integration (e.g. TortoiseGit/SVN, Dropbox, OwnCloud, etc.) due to the limitation to a maximum of 15 shell icons. For a more detailled description, see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odoptions-oddesktop/onedrive-sync-status-icons-gone-on-windows-10/e67c271a-6ee8-409f-b6c7-194037e25a41

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why the **** I see photos I post on Facebook (from my phone!) in my WINDOWS menu ??? Can you go away! How can I disable that! This is scary.

How to uninstall onedrive? What is OneDrive anw? I never choose to share my photos from my phone with WINDOWS! This is scary man.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base