OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better handling of sync collisions

Currently, when OneDrive cant sync a file from my PC because both the server version and the local version have been changed, OneDrive creates a duplicate file with the computer name appended.

OneDrive doesnt notify me at all that there was a sync error. It just creates these duplicates, sometimes for hundreds of files, fills up my storage and I have to sort our manually when I notice that suddenly my storage is low.

If there is a file collision, the OneDrive sync client should ask me wether to keep the server version or the local version. If there are…

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix splashscreen for Windows Phone with 1080p screen

When I open Onedrive app on WP on my lumia 1520 the splash screen is cut (doesn't happen on lumia 735, so I suppose it's a 1080p screen issue) Will you fix that in a update or in Windows 10?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give a sync error if a file being saved (or synced) has an older timestamp than the most recent version of the file

e.g.

Saved a file on Computer A
    Modified it on Computer B before it could be updated
    Saved on Computer B (work from Computer A erased)

During syncing on Computer B, give sync error if the previous timestamp on the file is not >= than that stored on OneDrive. Allow user to override in "View sync problems" screen.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't make me download my whole onedrive to my windows 10 surface - I haven't the space!

Keep onedrive as windows 8.1 or allow it as an advanced option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If I can't use placeholders, allow the creation of a folder with the same name to merge into cloud

I need a way to merge things into onedrive folders that are too large to move in the browser.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I suggest that you seriously consider these issues within OneDrive Desktop App

• fixing the feedback link in the OneDrive Desktop App.

• add more settings to choose which folders are to be synced.

• allow Shared Folders to be synced or not (depending on the user's needs)

• enhance notification settings and allow more ease of access and control.
      Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Duplicate/Mirror Folders

Can you add an option where we can make any windows folder sync with OneDrive? Something like automatic backup. Where an existing windows folder will be always backed up to SkyDrive.

I this feature enters OneDrive then it will be the top leading online drive services.

Thank you,

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Eliminar onedrive

quisiera eliminar la entrada de onedrive de mi explorador en windows 10, ya que no me es de utilidad y no quisiera verla cada que abro el explorer. ya desactive onedrive en gpedit.msc, pero la entrada sigue apareciendo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. File syncing needs to be more transparent

I don't want to sync every folder I have with OneDrive, since I'm using a small SSD for Windows. In 8.1 it was much easier to tell OneDrive "Make all my folders online-only". There needs to be this option in 10. By default when Win 110 loads, everything syncs over, unless you uncheck each box. Then you get an ugly icon with a giant red X. This is such a bad experience for SSD users with limited space

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for turn on/off transparent tile.

Some of us want transparent tile, but some prefer blue tile, including me. There should be an option to turn transparent tile on/off.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integrate folder redirection... don't require users to "save-as"

I've tried using OS folder redirection with the OneDrive sync folder, but it carries its own set of issues and don't think its manageable as-is.

If the folder redirection was somehow integrated into the app as opposed to the OS, it may work a lot smoother.

Ideally I'd like a way to allow users to save data to the local locations they are comfortable with but still sync that data to OneDrive. That would make our vision complete for decoupling the user's data from a particular machine. User gets new PC, all data syncs properly and user has all they…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make recovering lost texts easier

I had to reset my Nokia Lumia 530 phone And Now CANNOT Recover My Texts Now Help Someone.........Anyone Please

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Unshare" or "Remove link" for Windows 8.1 App version

Using the OneDrive App for Windows 8.1, I can easily share my files and folders, but unlike the web version (OneDrive.live.com), I can't find the option to unshare or remove the link of my shared files and folders.

Please add this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base