OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I see this ridiculous "Set up OneDrive" pop-up a thousand times a day. The more I see it the less tempted I am to set up OneDrive.

Why not encourage me to use your products by making good ones with features that I want instead of by constantly distracting me from my work by pestering me to set them up. If I wanted to set up OneDrive I'd have done it. Leave me alone!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop OneDrive running at startup after I've selected it to not run at bloody startup.

I've had enough of this, there is NO way to prevent OneDrive running at startup, even unchecking run at start up has no effect.
    Along with a few other choice issues, sorry, "features", it's ****** me off enough that aside from my work laptop, I no longer use Windows at all.

The way to get users to use your services, is not shove them down the throat of said users.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I don't want mor one pop up one drive alert!

I don't want mor one pop up one drive alert! Why push it to my face?
    I have not permission at my company to stop this .... How coud I stop it anyway?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. accept no as meaning NO!

when i cancel the sign in and close the one drive app, it is because I DONT WANT TO USE IT. i do not need it to pop up the sign in again 10 seconds later.

I even selected exit from the notification icon.

when I close it I expect it to stay closed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable one drive pop ups and nag screens

Stop with the one drive pop ups and nag screens. I don't want to use it so stop forcing it on people!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. FIX Icon shows "processing changes" yet there are no changes. View sync problems is light gray and not accessible.

Sync issues should be clear and fixable by users. Give more information on every step of file upload. For example, "processing changes that never stops even after changes are uploaded.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. remove one

Please remove this. I getting crazy of the one drive popup everyday.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let me turn this **** thing OFF!!!!!!!!!

I do not use Cloud Services

Period!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Regarding the overview of files shared with OneDrive for Business

I want to be able to confirm files shared with other users with a single overview in OneDrive for Business.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make a way to turn off onedrive

I find it aggravating to get a pop up to log in every time I open file explorer. I also don't want a progam I don't use and serves me no purpose running on the computer.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change Log / Release Notes

Can you please incorperate a link in OneDrive Settings > About that links to the actual changelog @ https://support.office.com/en-us/article/New-OneDrive-sync-client-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US? Right now the version number simply links to the OneDrive blog, which rarely if ever mentions build numbers. As an IT Administrator it's been a real challenge knowing which version coincides with certain feature releases. I only happened to track the real changelog down by accident one day and I'm sure other IT Admins share my frustrations with this changelog being buried the way it is. Thank you! Loving the new SharePoint library sync.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. stop hijacking my pc, let me decide if things go into your cloud

ask before sending massive quantities of data into the cloud

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use no other devices to sync with. I cannot use it. I don't want it. How do I delete it.

I use no other devices to sync with. I cannot use it. I don't want it. How do I delete it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ******** !!! No one wants yours f...g cloud....

Let us switch off your actualizations, no one wants it. I am not an idiot, no *** cloud serices, let me live.... Everything after XP is a huge , no surpirce so many people is apple....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base