OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate/Mirror Folders

Can you add an option where we can make any windows folder sync with OneDrive? Something like automatic backup. Where an existing windows folder will be always backed up to SkyDrive.

I this feature enters OneDrive then it will be the top leading online drive services.

Thank you,

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminar onedrive

quisiera eliminar la entrada de onedrive de mi explorador en windows 10, ya que no me es de utilidad y no quisiera verla cada que abro el explorer. ya desactive onedrive en gpedit.msc, pero la entrada sigue apareciendo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File syncing needs to be more transparent

I don't want to sync every folder I have with OneDrive, since I'm using a small SSD for Windows. In 8.1 it was much easier to tell OneDrive "Make all my folders online-only". There needs to be this option in 10. By default when Win 110 loads, everything syncs over, unless you uncheck each box. Then you get an ugly icon with a giant red X. This is such a bad experience for SSD users with limited space

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for turn on/off transparent tile.

Some of us want transparent tile, but some prefer blue tile, including me. There should be an option to turn transparent tile on/off.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrate folder redirection... don't require users to "save-as"

I've tried using OS folder redirection with the OneDrive sync folder, but it carries its own set of issues and don't think its manageable as-is.

If the folder redirection was somehow integrated into the app as opposed to the OS, it may work a lot smoother.

Ideally I'd like a way to allow users to save data to the local locations they are comfortable with but still sync that data to OneDrive. That would make our vision complete for decoupling the user's data from a particular machine. User gets new PC, all data syncs properly and user has all they…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make recovering lost texts easier

I had to reset my Nokia Lumia 530 phone And Now CANNOT Recover My Texts Now Help Someone.........Anyone Please

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "Unshare" or "Remove link" for Windows 8.1 App version

Using the OneDrive App for Windows 8.1, I can easily share my files and folders, but unlike the web version (OneDrive.live.com), I can't find the option to unshare or remove the link of my shared files and folders.

Please add this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow HTML file editing on Windows Phone

This is currently allowed on onedrive.com, don't see why it can't be done in Windows Phone

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move hamburger button from the top left

The Hamburger menu may be part of your new design approach, but it can certainly be improved. Consider locating it somewhere that is accessible if you are holding the phone with one hand (i.e. bottom). Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like the ability to change the thumbnail on videos that I have uploaded to OneDrive instead of OneDrive using a random image from the vi

When viewing videos in Xbox video app on Windows 8 the thumbnail that is shown is a random thumbnail from the video and not the thumbnail that has been defined in the metadata.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. business and personal onedrive accounts on same pc

I access files on my work Office 365 / onedrive account plus have my own onedrive account for personal files. I find that when I access the work one, I have to log in over and over again (with 2 step verification this is tedious).

Is there a fix for this?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add download/upload queue

Add a download/upload queue features. I am using OneDrive for Windows Phone. I usually have a lot of documents on the OneDrive... But I am usually mobile when I am working, thus having limit Internet connectivity.

When I have the Internet connectivity, I would like to download my document one by one, which will be faster than download all at once.

Please consider add this feature to Windows Phone and Windows version.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I need to set upload and download bandwidth on desktop onedrive

i get large file at any time into my shared onedrive, so I need to set upload and download bandwidth.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add ability to print a doc or picture

It should be easier to print from a Windows phone than it currently is, OneDrive or just office. Currently I share to my email and email the doc to my printer. I have a few printer apps and as far as I can tell sharing to the printer via email is currently the most convenient for me. This is Windows, there should be a better solution.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GIve me the slide show ability on the Windows phone!

With OneDrive on my computer I can perform a slide show. I cannot do this on my Windows phone. I would like the same ability with OneDrive on my Windows phone!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base