OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add ability to print a doc or picture

It should be easier to print from a Windows phone than it currently is, OneDrive or just office. Currently I share to my email and email the doc to my printer. I have a few printer apps and as far as I can tell sharing to the printer via email is currently the most convenient for me. This is Windows, there should be a better solution.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. GIve me the slide show ability on the Windows phone!

With OneDrive on my computer I can perform a slide show. I cannot do this on my Windows phone. I would like the same ability with OneDrive on my Windows phone!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. office can not read the formulas

office can not read the formulas;
    look forward with MathType on windownphone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make uploading mass amount of files easy

I have a very large music collection. Nearly lost all of it last time I hard a hard drive failure. The obvious answer is to upload it all to one drive. But one drive seem to struggle uploading large quantity of files. 9/10 times I have to restart the pc and hope it uploads. I started with 10000 files averaging 10mb each. It's been a few weeks now. I'm down to 3000. My internet upload speed is 12mbps. Uploading mass files on Google drive takes less then half the time and that's using Internet explorer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pc files

Make OneDrive for windows phone to reach files on PC like the feature in OneDrive web which allows us to enter our trusted PCs

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. appearance to be more intuitive and attractive. Easy to load on phone

Background picture can be change, plain white background every time is like dull and felt tired if we work for longer durations

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add better geo tagging to photos

On ios moments, geo tagging is amazing... Rather than just London for rxampe it will say St pauls Cathedral, London. OneDrive and windows phone just shows city location.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. if you scroll to a date to look at phones, the app keeps updating all thumb nails out of view. means slow

Update picture thumb nails as you get to the date you want. Other wise it takes for ever to update....

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Onedrive geteilte Ordner lokal synchronisieren

Bitte nehmt euch ein Beispiel an Dropbox oder Google Drive und lasst geteilte Ordner innerhalb der lokalen Ordnerstruktur synchronisieren. Dieses fehlende Feature ist derzeit DER Grund, weshalb ich (als absolut überzeugter Windows-Nutzer) lieber Dropbox zum Teilen von Dateien und Ordnern benutze.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Onedrive Tooltip für Desktopanwendung verbessern

Bitte passt den Tooltip der Desktop-Anwendung von Onedrive an. Gute Beispiele dafür liefern Dropbox und Google Drive. Es sollten z. B. die zuletzt geänderten (Upload/Download) Dateien angezeigt werden.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Me to Multitask when playing audio via Onedrive Windows Phone:

When I play media, audio for example, I cannot multitask. I wish one drive played media like the podcasts app, with it i can switch to other apps and the audio still plays. It does not function like that in one drive

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to share Onedrive folder with my daughter on her new HP Stream Laptop

I could not do it with Onedrive, which was disappointing. I have solved my problem by using Dropbox. I set up a Dropbox account for my daughter, and then I created and shared a folder with her from my Dropbox account. I accepted the share invitation on her computer, and then created a shortcut to this folder on her desktop. Now she can keep all of her files in this shared folder, so she is backed up and I have access to the files so I can keep an eye on what she is doing.

I wish I could have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want to be able to see (icon?) and set the online/offline-only properties of a folder.

I wish you could see the offline/online-only property of a folder. You should be able to set this also.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Passcode unlock on Windows

Add PIN code security when selecting which folders to sync on Windows.

It will limit the amount of damage an attacker can do to your Cloud files assuming he gains access to your unlocked Windows machine.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. sharing directly on Windows

Now If I would Like to share Directly on Windows. The manupulation redirect me on onedrive site to share something. It is more useful if I can share directly from Windows with a popup or something like that.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring tags feature to Windows Phone

Why iOS have it and not WP?
    Srly, WHY? Microsoft can't make a app better on your own system?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better performance

At least here on Windows Phone, if you have a lot of files, and worst, even photos, is to slow to load thumbnails! Make it faster! Also, make it faster to open =D

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Anyway of teaming/linking up with Xbox to allow Xbox users to use some of the 1Tb of OneDrive space to store purchased games and gaming prog

Teaming/linking up OneDrive with Xbox to allow Xbox users to use some of the 1Tb of OneDrive space to store purchased games and gaming progress, as the cloud option as default?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show albums in Photo Hub

When browsing throught the OneDrive's album in the people hub, the new "Albums" feature in just missing. All albums are folders.

You should show my Albums in the Photo Hub as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base