OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a hotfix

The app under W10 stays permanently shut down without any way to regulate it in reasonable, foreseen ways or by forum ideas. It's permanently dead, crushed down on all user accounts.
    super!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Direct acces to shared files with me from onedrive desktop

It would be fine to have direct acces to files shared with me from ondrive desktop app (Win 7, Win 8.1), without accessing onedrive.com with the link and excel online.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow file backup without having to move files to Onedrive folder

There should be a way to access Onedrive files directly from libraries without having to open the Onedrive folder.I want to use Onedrive, but it is way too un-intuitive to use in everyday work.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. auto save on PC and Onedrive (both) of theme

in auto save option in settings make an option to save to both of Onedrive & PC

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CAN'T LOGIN IN WINDOWS 10

after upgrade to Windows 10. found out that ONE DRIVE can't login/ connect in windows 10. Please assist...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop aggress me with your OneDrive!!! It's always open I dont whant it!!!

Stop aggress me with your OneDrive. I have not checked for open automatically, but it is always reopen!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. broken by bitdefender, now cannot reinstall ???

HELP! It sort of reinstalled but i cannot login with my account, there is no option to?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please. Make it possible for me to stop syncing temporarily

Please. Make it possible for me to stop syncing temporarily.
    My Internet is slow when onedrive sync.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 手動で更新

手動で更新できるようにできませんか?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add OneDrive icon to the start menu

otherwise how to turn it on (apart from autoruning it with Windows)? When I manually turn off OneDrive app (bottom right corner) there is no way to run the program again. In the Start menu the only suggestion for "OneDrive" search is "OneDrive for Business", which offers me to start work anew - to set it up locating the files/folder etc.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. please bring back onedrive on windows 8.1

I liked how i could've used one drive to free up space on my windows 8.1 computer but now on windows 10 when i put my files from my computer to the one drive folder. the storage on my computer stays the same but the storage on my one drive wastes

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. implement 2 way sync on mobile

Definitely for Windows Phone/mobile, whatever its going to be called now, one drive needs to have a 2 way sync where you can setup folders (such as music or pictures) to sync both up and down. As it is now on the phone it manually syncs photos one by one to OneDrive but if I delete something from my camera roll I have to delete it from OneDrive separately. This should be optional, and have options for sync only over Wi-Fi, but would be a great function that would bring back the windows phone 7 Zune client sync functionality.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. cutoff CPU consumption when not syncing

my appologies if it's just a problem on my pc, but comparing DropBox and OneDrive i've got an impression OneDrive uses CPU even when syncing process is over. Not to mention, it's hard to say when syncing happens and what is being synced - pls. vote for "Show detailed synced status (speed, time, files...)"

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base