OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the shared folder duplication bug

I'm using the new feature to add shared folders to my onedrive:
    -Someone has shared a folder with me
    -From the web, I add this folder to my onedrive
    -From Windows 10 Explorer I sync this folder
    -From Windows 10 Explorer I move this folder into another subfoder
    Apparently, everything is fine, but if I edit some file in this folder, the changes are not seen in the original shared folder because this folder is now a DUPLICATE of the original shared folder.
    Conclusion: The move operation has been converted into a COPY operation by onedrive.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. onedrive中的选项的描述太难懂了

比如说在“设置要讲哪些文件同步至onedrive中”的选项
    1.图片2.已保存的图片3.文档4.文件夹以外的文件。
    4这个选项文件夹以外的文件,我还以为是onedrive文件夹以外的任意文件,鬼知道是哪个文件夹以外的文件,害得我思考了老半天。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 一直显示正在处理更改

一直显示正在处理更改

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I sometime would like upload data or download data to folder than keep sync files. It absolutely waste of space

I sometime would like upload data or download data to folder than keep sync files. It absolutely waste of space.
    OneDrive has only one option that sync files than keep upload only/keep download only. It should be good time use space for another task than duplicate space, sometime even triple or quadplicate if you login in a difference machine/tablet/smartphone.

Low design. I asserted that.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive was installed in WIN 10, but it does not work correctly.

OneDrive was installed in WIN 10, but it does not work correctly. After downloading the existing files will lack in OneDrive displayed 35 files, but all files are synchronized. Is a download for OneDrive for Windows 10 possible, or can I fix it myself.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. task view

When we open the Task View, a clic outside any application windows should tale us to the Desktop. With touch mode, it should be easier than minimize each windows separately.

(In french : Lorsque l'on ouvre l'Affichage des Tâches, un clic en dehors de la ou les fenêtres d'applications ouvertes devrait nous ramener sur le Bureau. En tactile (et même avec une souris), cela serait bien plus ergonomique que de devoir réduire chaque fenêtre indépendamment pour retourner sur celui-ci)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive icon missing fromWin 10 menu

The icon for OneDrive has gone off my menu in Win 10. Restore icon to menu lising

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. how can i use onedrive in china?

client in china can't visit onedrive.com

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enrich the share options within the app on windows 7

On Windows 7, every time when i want to share some files or folders, i must redirect myself to the web page, why not put the functions and options within the app? so that the share action would be easier. In China, the stupid government has blocked the access to the web page of OneDrive, so it would much easier for us to share files without opening the web page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Installed KB3072633

Installed KB3072633 in Windows 8.1 64 bit, Internet Explorer 11 was not download file use drag and drop on SharePoint Online site and OneDrive for Business.
    Internet Explorer made shortcut link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow complete removal of OneDrive.

I would like Windows to allow me to completely remove OneDrive from my system. I'll never use it, and it's wasting my time. All i want to do is delete it permanently from my system. It's an awful product.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. πιπιλα

γφυξυ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I got the message to agree with an update, but I cn't find the screen. my idea add the update to the contextmenu in the systemtray!

Add the update to the contextmenu in the systemtray, for I can't find the screen to agree with the update, which is apparently necessary!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. my folders are not showing in laptop, in onedrive folder!!!!

my folders are not showing in laptop, in onedrive folder!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why I can not uninstall this piece of crap from my PC?

Why I can not just uninstall this piece of crap from my PC?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. you eplain to my why it sounds like my PC is being continually scanned by OneDrive. It is disturbing.

I suggest you explain why it sounds as if my PC is being almost continually scanned by OneDrive. It is very annoying. Any explanation for this irritating noise?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow to sync start menu organization

In Windows 10, the start menú its different betwen all my PCs, and I've to organice it myself, restore Windows 8.1 option

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base