OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in tray should tell you how much space is used

Right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in system tray should tell you how much space is used. It was very convenient with Google Drive (or was it Dropbox?)

It's probably been suggested already, but couldn't find it with a quick search.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Pause Button to save Upload change for other short Upload

A Pause Button to save Upload change for other short Upload.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not useful for me

I don't like the kind of help OneDrive gives to me

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable users to customize icons of synced folders (ger rid of annoying green check mark)

I am using Windows 10 enterprise evaluation edition.
    Previously on windows 8.1, there was no green check mark on folders being synced by Onedrive, and there was a blue syncing mark only on folders not yet synced by Onedrive, which was acceptable.

After upgrading to Windows 10, all icons of folders being synced by Onedrive has ANNOYING green check mark, and I couldn't find an option to manage this.

I was able to get rid of them by deleting every onedrive-related key in below registry addresses:

HKLM\Softwares\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

HKLM\Softwares\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

But after I remove those, Onedrive asks for a permission to install…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 从win8.1 升级到 win10,文件资源管理器中出现了两个 “OneDrive” 这是怎么回事儿? 是Bug吗?

从win8.1 升级到 win10,文件资源管理器中出现了两个 “OneDrive” 这是怎么回事儿? 是Bug吗?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This version of OneDrive for Windows 10 is a shit! A preffer the Windows 8.1 version, and this the one you might put into Windows 10.

Here I can not have my files in my computer and download when I want it. Or I download everything at once, fulling my Hard Disk, or I don't download NOTHING for not occuping my HD. Horrible!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Windows 10, when you link a OneDrive account without having signed into Windows with a Microsoft account, you can't pause sync. Fix!

Why can't you pause OneDrive sync in Windows 10 when you've signed in to OneDrive, but have not signed into Windows with a Microsoft account? Please fix this.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable remote control of the remote PC via OneDrive connection.

Enable remote control of a remote PC via OneDrive connection. This would allow a remote PC to be controlled without needing to establish an inbound network configuration/ports/etc, which can be an issue.

Both parties need to be able to see what is occurring on the screen.

My personal preference is to manage the remote PC from Windows and Android devices.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dynamic / Background Operation

This will allow initial sync to run without using tremendous amounts of system resources.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 请还我metro版的onedrive,非常感谢!并不喜欢以文件夹出现在电脑里的onedrive,完全不好用,还有Skype也是,为什么要把如此好用的metro删掉?强烈建议还回来,我们的metro版onedrive和skype!

请还我metro版的onedrive,非常感谢!并不喜欢以文件夹出现在电脑里的onedrive,完全不好用,还有Skype也是,为什么要把如此好用的metro删掉?强烈建议还回来,我们的metro版onedrive和skype!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Start Onedrive manually on Windows 10

I disabled Onedrive to start automatically on my Windows 10 PC. Every once in a while I want to sync my Onedrive with my PC but I have no idea how start Onedrive manually.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. how do you clear notifications?

I had a notification that I had duplicate files and decided to stop including the folder in question but now the icon for OneDrive in the hidden items folder still has a big ugly red x on it which is strangely annoying. I also wish there was a way to delete duplicates in batches instead of one by one

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a notifications setting in the OneDrive settings instead of Windows 10 Settings.

Have a notifications setting in the OneDrive settings instead of Windows 10 Settings.

Can the OneDrive team please have a setting insside the OneDrive application to disable nuisance notifications.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. File Syncing problem on OneDrive for Windows10

After upgrading to Windows10, my files are no longer synced on OneDrive... I get frequent message that some or other file needs my attention. Also, it has been syncing (uploading/downloading) files for last 2 days and does not complete this process irrespective how small the file size is.

I liked the way OneDrive worked on Windows8.1 instead of 10.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use the fetch any file from PC feature to move a file from PC to onedrive (not copy it)

Now, we can fetch any file from any PC using OneDrive and we can download those files or copy them to OneDrive. Actually, it would be better to be able to move those required files to OneDrive instead of copying them because it means that on the PC where the original file is, the same file will duplicate (locally and in the OneDrive folder) and that is something we want to avoid.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base